Your First Business or Job

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
My first business venture was when I was 12

My stepfather used to drive buses and his company was hired by Pratt Whitney to bus workers in from MA. He used to drive the third shift workers from MA and pick up the second shift workers and bring them back

I used to go with him and sell coffee soda and sandwiches to the guys on their way to work and for the guys on the way home I used to sell them cans of beer

I did that for 4 years until he quit his job. made some good cash

Then I got a job at a local supermarket I made a ton more money on the bus runs but what can you do?

at 12, I was cutting grass, mowing lawns, and babysitting.

first 'on the clock' job was working the counter at an ice cream parlor.

My stepfather used to drive buses and his company was hired by Pratt Whitney to bus workers in from MA. He used to drive the third shift workers from MA and pick up the second shift workers and bring them back

I used to go with him and sell coffee soda and sandwiches to the guys on their way to work and for the guys on the way home I used to sell them cans of beer

Then I got a job at a local supermarket I made a ton more money on the bus runs but what can you do?

So you are such a miserable human being because you didn't have a childhood?

That explains much.

First job was baby sitting in my early teens. I mowed yards and delivered flyers too. First business was a sign shop, painted everything by hand until I busted my collarbone T boning a big doe on my motorcycle. I had to get a computer because it hurt too much to stand and letter.

paper route from 11-13
mowed lawns, shoveled snow somewhere in those years as well.
At 15 I worked for a guy who owned a bunch of properties including a bar, Friday after school and Saturday mornings I stocked the beer and tapped kegs...somewhat less than legal employment.

Soo you were breaking the law on minors serving or selling alcohol...

Since I was raised liberal, early on, around six years old I was building infrastructure for our Appalachian Americans, roads, highways wells, etc. Next at eight my friends and I built dams and levees along the Mississippi river to protect the poor Mississippians living in the lowlands. After that was accomplished I helped fund research on early childhood illnesses and at the same time provided healthy foods for the needy in Alabama's backroads after all their parent's work left for China. In Philly I provided early childhood healthcare and nutritional information as well as locations where good food could be had easily. This improved health and crime rates decreased and health costs went down substantially. Next, again as corporations moved work off shore I created a news organization whose primary goal was to create information on where products were made and the conditions of workers be they in America or overseas. This group raised living standards abroad and in turn in America. Many of my conservative libertarians friends told me that the market would take care of all this stuff, so at 10 we waited for the market to clean up some toxic waste around Love canal. People complained but the market phantasm never appeared, so again with help from more privileged Americans we set to work. There is lots more, stuff like help after natural tragedies, but again being a liberal we are off to Kansas to help rebuild some schools as that market thing there didn't appear either. Some think it has to do with taxes, but we liberals do things rather than just look at them, so here we go again.....

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0610-11.htm

Why do people hate Liberals?
Why do people hate Liberals? post# 114
Why do people hate Liberals? post# 1604

Since I was raised liberal, early on, around six years old I was building infrastructure for our Appalachian Americans, roads, highways wells, etc. Next at eight my friends and I built dams and levees along the Mississippi river to protect the poor Mississippians living in the lowlands. After that was accomplished I helped fund research on early childhood illnesses and at the same time provided healthy foods for the needy in Alabama's backroads after all their parent's work left for China. In Philly I provided early childhood healthcare and nutritional information as well as locations where good food could be had easily. This improved health and crime rates decreased and health costs went down substantially. Next, again as corporations moved work off shore I created a news organization whose primary goal was to create information on where products were made and the conditions of workers be they in America or overseas. This group raised living standards abroad and in turn in America. Many of my conservative libertarians friends told me that the market would take care of all this stuff, so at 10 we waited for the market to clean up some toxic waste around Love canal. People complained but the market phantasm never appeared, so again with help from more privileged Americans we set to work. There is lots more, stuff like help after natural tragedies, but again being a liberal we are off to Kansas to help rebuild some schools as that market thing there didn't appear either. Some think it has to do with taxes, but we liberals do things rather than just look at them, so here we go again.....

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0610-11.htm

Why do people hate Liberals?
Why do people hate Liberals? post# 114
Why do people hate Liberals? post# 1604
When did you walk on water? Is it on YouTube?

So you are such a miserable human being because you didn't have a childhood?

That explains much.
My childhood ended when my dad got killed for nothing in Vietnam and my mother went off the deep end

hell yeah there's good money in bootlegging just ask the Kennedys

When I was 14, I decided to quit sports and week-day four wheeler riding in the woods for work. I worked all day during the summer, and worked for 2 hours a day during high school.
I wouldn't change it a bit.

Wasn't in my families retinue of income acquisition...

Back then a case of Bud cost 5 bucks I used to sell the beers for 50 cents a can

Back then a case of Bud cost 5 bucks I used to sell the beers for 50 cents a can
Pretty good, I lived in OKC, they would have busted my azz....

Pretty good, I lived in OKC, they would have busted my azz....

I gave my stepfather the money to buy it and I just sold it from the coolers I kept on the bus I didn't really care if it was legal or not I knew no one would rat me out

Military at age 17. Transportation and communications. Later on it was security work and a Secret security clearance. I fielded the current SINGARS radio system when it was upcoming ; and give feedback to the military and DOD contractor.

Then night watchman for a river transportation company. Security and pumping water out of barge holds. Making sure barges stayed secure to staging area and did not come loose.

Then i worked on the boats for two river transportation companies . This was not easy.

Next was pipelining. Which was bust ace work .

Then industry.

Then EMS.

Now I work security - Fire & EMS for a Department of Defense contractor.

Shadow 355

Last edited:

Forum List

Back