Your favorite cereal as a kid?

Growing up in the 1940's bad teeth were pretty common. Although us kids did manage to keep our natural teeth much longer than our parents I have mostly crowns and bridges today. :(
I was amazed how early my grandparents lost their teeth.

I am talking like mid forties...early fifties.

Did they ever brush their teeth back then?

Go to the dentist?

Get a cleaning?

I get that we were poor when I was a kid but I still poke fun at my mom for that puffed wheat....I tell her that she must have got it from the local feed mill. ;)

I remember I tried getting shed of it by feeding it to the birds.....The fuckin' Starlings would not even eat it.

Syrup sandwiches were alright for a workaround. Maybe a sugar sandwich in a pinch when times were really tight.

We didn't have much cereal while growing up.....we often had toast and jam for breakfast ....we liked that!:biggrin:

1648852846583.png

In 7th grade, my new best friend came from a liberal home where they ate all this healthy crap, and I got to eat this for breakfast when I slept over. Came to like it quite a bit.

1648935361180.png

In 7th grade, my new best friend came from a liberal home where they ate all this healthy crap, and I got to eat this for breakfast when I slept over. Came to like it quite a bit.

View attachment 625139

I LOOOOOVE wheat germ!!! BEST SHIT EVER!!!
OMG, I need to start buying that again! I used to eat it right out of the jar! Sweet and nutty without any sugar, flavorings, or anything added!!!

I think I remember this cereal. This is probably what got me liking wheat germ. But like pretty much everything I get addicted to, they instantly stop making it.

1648935998740.png

It's freekin awesome on yogurt, ice cream, in smoothies, shakes, and malts, and in oatmeal..........

I LOOOOOVE wheat germ!!! BEST SHIT EVER!!!
OMG, I need to start buying that again! I used to eat it right out of the jar! Sweet and nutty without any sugar, flavorings, or anything added!!!

I think I remember this. This is probably what got me liking wheat germ. But like pretty much everything I get addicted to, they instantly stop making it.
When Concentrate became unavailable, Special K almost took the place of it.

Forum List

Back