Your favorite cereal as a kid?

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
Did you have a favorite cereal when you were a kid?
What was it?

(includes oatmeals, cream of wheat, porridge.....)

I loved this....
1648813962269.png

Cheerios or corn flakes, dry.

No sugary bullshit. And no soggy bullshit. Sure, I liked Tony the Tiger, but no Frosted Flakes and no Honey Nut Cheerios.

My brothers would always dump milk and sugar in their bowl of cereal, but I never liked soggy sugary cereal. I thought it was fucking gross. Just nasty.

I would eat my cereal with a glass of milk on the side. I wouldn't dump my glass of milk into my cereal like my brothers.

Last edited:
Thankfully as a kid, my parents refused to buy the sugary cereals. We usually ate shredded wheat or Cheerios, with fresh fruit.

The puffed wheat wasn't as bad as the puffed rice, though.
I get that we were poor when I was a kid but I still poke fun at my mom for that puffed wheat....I tell her that she must have got it from the local feed mill. ;)

I remember I tried getting shed of it by feeding it to the birds.....The fuckin' Starlings would not even eat it.

I get that we were poor when I was a kid but I still poke fun at my mom for that puffed wheat....I tell her that she must have got it from the local feed mill. ;)

I remember I tried getting shed of it by feeding it to the birds.....The fuckin' Starlings would not even eat it.
Oh, I loved my puffed wheat, but no sugar!

life and golden grahams.
If i had to pick one, it would be life.

Rarely had boxed cereal, mostly oatmeal (or pancakes). I like corn flakes as a snack food, no milk or sugar.

Oh you bet.

I am sure 'vitamin fortified' goodness like this helps explain my 900 dental fillings as well.
Growing up in the 1940's bad teeth were pretty common. Although us kids did manage to keep our natural teeth much longer than our parents I have mostly crowns and bridges today. :(

Forum List

Back