Your explanations?

If 'near misses' only happened to Christians, then there maybe something to their claims.

However, near misses happens to everyone despite their religious beliefs.

Yes that is true. As I said, my story is only important to me and it gives me validation about my beliefs because of a personal experience that no one else can ever experience in quite the same way. I admit that my near miss may have been stupid, blind luck....in fact this is the third time now I have admitted that is a possibility. When I reflect on the experience and meditate upon it, my spirit tells me something else. It's nothing I can prove. It's nothing I can measure. It's nothing I can document. It's just what I feel from somewhere deep inside me. That has validity to me and me only. I wish I could share it with you, but I cant.

Yes, everyone has their near misses but I believe a person's spirituality and connection to God is not dependent upon the degree to which they acknowledge it. I believe all people have a spirit and thus a sense of spirituality is inescapable. In other words, we are connected to God whether we like it or not or whether we admit it or not. In that case, why wouldn't an atheist have similar experiences with near misses? If I am right, our willingness to acknowledge the connection is nearly irrelevant.

There is a lot of evidence for the Christian deity as well.

Rofl.gif

Except that you can't provide a shred of credible evidence.

Simply because you don't find the evidence credible does not make it non existent.

So you really didn't counter his point.

Personally I fail to see how you can get more credible than a personal witness from the Holy Spirit. If you want to know if God exists what better evidence is there than personal communication from God

There is no evidence ergo it is not credible.

Lying doesn't help your point.

The Bible is evidence. You can hold it. You can study it. you can apply the doctrines it teaches to your life and experiment on the Word.

The same is true of the Book of Mormon. Both teach the doctrine of Christ. Both teach how you can find God and learn for yourself.

Both are testimonies of apostles and prophets who saw the living Christmas you can claim no evidence exists but testimony is by definition evidence

You may not find that testimony credible but it exists.

Moreover I am a personal witness to Christ. My life is a witness to divinity. The Spirit reveals God to all that seek Him.

And even if this wasn't enough to show evidence of God all things denote that there is a God. All things are evidence.

Again, you may not find the evidence credible but it is evidence. And you are deluding yourself if you claim otherwise.

Rofl.gif

Simply because you don't find the evidence credible does not make it non existent.

Personally I fail to see how you can get more credible than a personal witness from the Holy Spirit. If you want to know if God exists what better evidence is there than personal communication from God

Your claimed personal communication is not evidence that can be shared in any meaningful way. And, what a coincidence that your alleged communication with the gawds is from the gawds that are customary to your familial/geographic location. A few thousand years ago, personal communication with the gawds would be with entirely different gawds.

Tell me, what is the difference between your assertion of communications with supernatural entities and a certifiably insane person's claim that he is Napoleon? Both are equally demonstrable and reasonable claims, (according to your standards), and why should I believe your claims of “communicatios with the gawds” is real, but the individual with cognitive impairment (claiming to be Napoleon) is issuing a false claim?

Of course it can be shared in a meaningful way. Just like an eye witness to a murder can share his personal testimony of what happened in a meaningful way. Through written and spoken language.

And I've told you multiple times why, because you can find out for yourself. The fact that you refuse to do so doesn't change the fact that anyone can find out for themselves.

Ask and you will receive, knock and it will open. Seek and you will find.

If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally. And it shall be given unto him

Experiment on the Word. Do what Christ taught and you will know it is from God.

Exercise a particle of faith and try. If you want a testimony on prayer, pray. If you want a testimony on fasting, fast. If you want a testimony on revelation, seek revelation. If you want a testimony on tithing, pay tithing. If you want a testimony of christ, trust Him. If you want a testimony on chastity be chaste.

I know you are not ignorant of this because.I've personally told you this multiple times. You can choose to remain in ignorance or you can get off your butt, on your knees and get to know God for yourself. It's your choice. But stop pretending you don't know how to find out.

Rofl.gif

There is no evidence ergo it is not credible.

The Bible is evidence. You can hold it. You can study it. you can apply the doctrines it teaches to your life and experiment on the Word.

The same is true of the Book of Mormon. Both teach the doctrine of Christ. Both teach how you can find God and learn for yourself.

Both are testimonies of apostles and prophets who saw the living Christmas you can claim no evidence exists but testimony is by definition evidence

You may not find that testimony credible but it exists.

Moreover I am a personal witness to Christ. My life is a witness to divinity. The Spirit reveals God to all that seek Him.

And even if this wasn't enough to show evidence of God all things denote that there is a God. All things are evidence.

Again, you may not find the evidence credible but it is evidence. And you are deluding yourself if you claim otherwise.

Ironic!

Nope! The bible was written by mankind. It is only evidence of mankind's superstitions. It does not constitute evidence for the existence of God.

Moreover I am a personal witness to Christ.

Irrelevant. You cannot provide any credible evidence for the existence of God.

Again, you may not find the evidence credible but it is evidence.

Evidence that isn't credible has no value.

There is no credible evidence for the existence of God.

None!

Nothing!

Nada!

Zip!

Zero!

Null!

I believe all people have a spirit and thus a sense of spirituality is inescapable.

A sense of spirituality has been detected using medical equipment. It is a trance state of mind and it can be self induced. Interestingly enough other mammals can reach this state of mind too.

In other words, we are connected to God whether we like it or not or whether we admit it or not.

The ability to self induce a trance state of mind is not evidence of the existence of God. It is only evidence that we are capable of this reaching this state of mind. Other mammals can do so too which would imply that they too are "connected to God". ;)

In that case, why wouldn't an atheist have similar experiences with near misses?

Speaking as a spiritual atheist I have had my own share of near misses and no, it has not induced a trance state in me. The reactions you experienced were muscle memory under the control of your autonomous "reptile brain" that was reacting out of fear of the danger that you were facing. It was no different to my own automatic reactions.

Our bodies react instinctively to danger. We would not have survived in the wild without these reactions. We just no longer need them on a regular basis so we consider them to be something special. For wild animals they are just a part of daily life.

Rofl.gif

Your claimed personal communication is not evidence that can be shared in any meaningful way. And, what a coincidence that your alleged communication with the gawds is from the gawds that are customary to your familial/geographic location. A few thousand years ago, personal communication with the gawds would be with entirely different gawds.

Tell me, what is the difference between your assertion of communications with supernatural entities and a certifiably insane person's claim that he is Napoleon? Both are equally demonstrable and reasonable claims, (according to your standards), and why should I believe your claims of “communicatios with the gawds” is real, but the individual with cognitive impairment (claiming to be Napoleon) is issuing a false claim?

Of course it can be shared in a meaningful way. Just like an eye witness to a murder can share his personal testimony of what happened in a meaningful way. Through written and spoken language.

And I've told you multiple times why, because you can find out for yourself. The fact that you refuse to do so doesn't change the fact that anyone can find out for themselves.

Ask and you will receive, knock and it will open. Seek and you will find.

If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally. And it shall be given unto him

Experiment on the Word. Do what Christ taught and you will know it is from God.

Exercise a particle of faith and try. If you want a testimony on prayer, pray. If you want a testimony on fasting, fast. If you want a testimony on revelation, seek revelation. If you want a testimony on tithing, pay tithing. If you want a testimony of christ, trust Him. If you want a testimony on chastity be chaste.

I know you are not ignorant of this because.I've personally told you this multiple times. You can choose to remain in ignorance or you can get off your butt, on your knees and get to know God for yourself. It's your choice. But stop pretending you don't know how to find out.
The issue you cannot resolve is this: as part of my communications with the gawds, they have revealed to me that they have had no communication at all with you.

I have no indication if your alleged communication with the gawds is imagined or delusion.

Now what?

None!

Nothing!

Nada!

Zip!

Zero!

Null!

If there was no God as depicted in scripture then there would be no consequences for violating the laws attributed to God in scripture.

However, you must have noticed, all the many people who claim to believe in and worship God but instead worship something made by human hands, a figment of their unrestrained imagination, another human being, etc., that which is not God, all exhibit perceptual perversions, thought disorders, and a complete inability to reason honestly and rationally which effectively separates them from the realm of rational intelligences, living beings, and prevents them from participating in or enjoying reality and life as it is which matches perfectly the scriptural descriptions of Gehenna, divine condemnation, and 'the death' consequent to violating the divine commands manifested by the superstitious religious flotsam oozing from their addled minds like some foul and smelly discharge oozing from a corpse...

This does not constitute direct proof of God but it does confirm the existence of real and verifiable consequences for perjuring oneself in the name of God...

Becoming a false person and losing ones rational mind is a terrible fate that many people never recover from. The evidence of that is overwhelming.

"This, he told me, is the curse which goes out over all the land; for by the writing on one side every thief shall be swept clean away and by the writing on the other, every perjurer shall be swept clean away. I have sent it out, the Lord of hosts has said, and it shall enter the house of the thief and the house of the man who has perjured himself in my name and it shall stay inside that house and demolish it, timbers and stones and all. "

Last edited:

None!

Nothing!

Nada!

Zip!

Zero!

Null!

If there was no God as depicted in scripture then there would be no consequences for violating the laws attributed to God in scripture.

However, you must have noticed, all the many people who claim to believe in and worship God but instead worship something made by human hands, a figment of their unrestrained imagination, another human being, etc., that which is not God, all exhibit perceptual perversions, thought disorders, and a complete inability to reason honestly and rationally which effectively separates them from the realm of rational intelligences, living beings, and prevents them from participating in or enjoying reality and life as it is which matches perfectly the scriptural descriptions of Gehenna, divine condemnation, and 'the death' consequent to violating the divine commands manifested by the superstitious religious flotsam oozing from their addled minds like some foul and smelly discharge oozing from a corpse...

This does not constitute direct proof of God but it does confirm the existence of real and verifiable consequences for perjuring oneself in the name of God...

Becoming a false person and losing ones rational mind is a terrible fate that many people never recover from. The evidence of that is overwhelming.

"This, he told me, is the curse which goes out over all the land; for by the writing on one side every thief shall be swept clean away and by the writing on the other, every perjurer shall be swept clean away. I have sent it out, the Lord of hosts has said, and it shall enter the house of the thief and the house of the man who has perjured himself in my name and it shall stay inside that house and demolish it, timbers and stones and all. "

You are using self referencing which fails as evidence.

The ability to self induce a trance state of mind is not evidence of the existence of God. It is only evidence that we are capable of this reaching this state of mind. Other mammals can do so too which would imply that they too are "connected to God". ;)

Yes. But in order for that to make sense you have to understand my view of God and the universe. In my view, God IS the universe. The point of all matter that existed before the Big Bang was God. When the Big happened, God just spread Himself out. Since all matter comes from the Big Bang, all matter is God. So everything in the universe is God including animals, cars, electronics, black holes, Marilyn Manson (there's a scary thought), etc.

Speaking as a spiritual atheist I have had my own share of near misses and no, it has not induced a trance state in me. The reactions you experienced were muscle memory under the control of your autonomous "reptile brain" that was reacting out of fear of the danger that you were facing. It was no different to my own automatic reactions.

Our bodies react instinctively to danger. We would not have survived in the wild without these reactions. We just no longer need them on a regular basis so we consider them to be something special. For wild animals they are just a part of daily life.

As I have said, you may be right. I may be totally wrong in my beliefs and if I die and I am wrong, no big deal. It is not hurting myself or others to hold my point of view, and in fact I find it quite helpful. So why change what is working for me?

None!

Nothing!

Nada!

Zip!

Zero!

Null!

You are using self referencing which fails as evidence.

No, I am showing the actual reality that scripture figuratively alludes to.

It may not be proof of God or anything more than bronze age explanations for what may only be an observation of cause and effect, but even that shows that they were not as backwards as some people think and in many way far more advanced in the knowledge of mental heath than the wisest of people today.

If you fill your mind with irrational nonsense it will become defiled and contaminated and you will become confused and say and do stupid things that injure yourself and the people that you love and love you.

The proof of the reality of that law reflective of kashrut and the consequences for noncompliance described as divine condemnation, the death, in scripture is something that you are confronted by every time you have a discussion with a religious fundamentalist of any species.

Whats not to believe?

If you can't see what is in front of your eyes how could you see what is not visible to the eye?

Forum List

Back