Your 2016 Republican Nominee Will Be...

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Indiana Governor Mike Pence.

You heard it here first, folks!

He's a little bit Establishment, he's a little bit teabagger

He's an Evangelical, but not obnoxiously so.

He's been a Congresscritter, he's been a Governor.

He's in deep with the Koch brothers.

He went against the Party and expanded Medicaid - and no one in the Party (or Americans For Prosperity) attacked him for it.

He's media-friendly and is ready to discuss issues without looking like a dope.

No controversy.

He's well-liked by his colleagues. After just one term in the House, he became chairman of the Republican Study Committee. He's a first-time governor and was elected to the Executive Committee of the Republican Governors Committee.

He's not an ideologue, just a fairly orthodox conservative.

He has a history of going against his Party, intelligently. He opposed No Child Left Behind, Bush's 2003 Medicare expansion, and immigration reform in 2007. All three are issues that Republicans NOW deride and reject.

He's a Reaganite, economically.

I'm gonna look like a freakin' genius, over here!

I'm predicting that Rand Paul will be the Republican nominee. I don't think he'll win the general election, but I like him more than Hillary Clinton.

Indiana Governor Mike Pence.

You heard it here first, folks!

He's a little bit Establishment, he's a little bit teabagger

He's an Evangelical, but not obnoxiously so.

He's been a Congresscritter, he's been a Governor.

He's in deep with the Koch brothers.

He went against the Party and expanded Medicaid - and no one in the Party (or Americans For Prosperity) attacked him for it.

He's media-friendly and is ready to discuss issues without looking like a dope.

No controversy.

He's well-liked by his colleagues. After just one term in the House, he became chairman of the Republican Study Committee. He's a first-time governor and was elected to the Executive Committee of the Republican Governors Committee.

He's not an ideologue, just a fairly orthodox conservative.

He has a history of going against his Party, intelligently. He opposed No Child Left Behind, Bush's 2003 Medicare expansion, and immigration reform in 2007. All three are issues that Republicans NOW deride and reject.

He's a Reaganite, economically.

Maybe, maybe not. But, 'looking like a genius' sounds more like a hope for a change.

Pence, from what you've said about him would be a terrible idea. He's apparently wishy - washy which tells me he has no spine and doesn't believe in anything.

He opposed No Child Left Behind, Bush's 2003 Medicare expansion, and immigration reform in 2007. All three are issues that Republicans NOW deride and reject.

Nope. There weren't Republicans that opposed Bush's liberal fiscal policies? You want to go with that huh?

I'm predicting that Rand Paul will be the Republican nominee. I don't think he'll win the general election, but I like him more than Hillary Clinton.
shit stain

You think establishment repubs, attached at the hip to defense contractors, would back a professed non-interventionist?

shit stain

You think establishment repubs, attached at the hip to defense contractors, would back a professed non-interventionist?

He isn't as genuine as his father. Ron Paul wasn't afraid of alienating the war hawk wing of the Republican party at the expense of votes. I predict that Rand Paul will tamper down the non-interventionist rhetoric during the primaries, but hit Clinton with it during the general election.

In my opinion, I don't think establishment Republicans expect to win the White House in 2016 anyways. They are concentrating on the House and Senate.

shit stain

He isn't as genuine as his father. Ron Paul wasn't afraid of alienating the war hawk wing of the Republican party at the expense of votes. I predict that Rand Paul will tamper down the non-interventionist rhetoric during the primaries, but hit Clinton with it during the general election.

In my opinion, I don't think establishment Republicans expect to win the White House in 2016 anyways. They are concentrating on the House and Senate.
very well. I actually like some of the things he says BUT I question his truthiness & electability.

shit stain

very well. I actually like some of the things he says BUT I question his truthiness & electability.

I do like Rand. One thing he does much better than his father is lie, as any good politician knows to do. A good example was his socially conservative rhetoric at the Value Voters Summit recently. I doubt he really believed a word he was saying. His father would have said exactly what he believed, and alienated a large portion of the Republican base. While I respect Ron Paul's honesty, voters have proven that they want to be lied to.

Pence could actually get votes from the center WHICH YOU PEOPLE NEED TO WIN A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION :banghead:

I suspect people like CrusaderFrank1400PennsylvaniaAve CrusaderFrank will demand an eXtreme rw'er & lose again :(

I think the country has had enough of the Bush family. The only guy who has the chops to stand toe to toe with both Hillary and the MSM and make them both look a fool AND make people laugh while he's destroying them is Chris Christie. Remember people we have to run against both the slime lowlife Democratic candidate and the lying scum biased MSM there are two opponents. While I like Rand Paul personally I think he's no match for the gutter politics of the Dem's and MSM, they will throw him to the ground and kick dirt in his face.

I think the country has had enough of the Bush family. The only guy who has the chops to stand toe to toe with both Hillary and the MSM and make them both look a fool AND make people laugh while he's destroying them is Chris Christie. Remember people we have to run against both the slime lowlife Democratic candidate and the lying scum biased MSM there are two opponents. While I like Rand Paul personally I think he's no match for the gutter politics of the Dem's and MSM, they will throw him to the ground and kick dirt in his face.
yep :poop:

Christie is a Liberal. He's not a Conservative he'd be no better than the last two pseudo - Liberals the Republicans ran for POTUS.

Christie is a Liberal. He's not a Conservative he'd be no better than the last two pseudo - Liberals the Republicans ran for POTUS.

You are preaching to the choir I'm not a Christie fan but facts are facts, whomever the GOP candidate is will be flat out assaulted by the lying scum Democratic party and the MSM. And as we saw in the last election they will have to debate not only the Democratic party candidate but the biased scum liberal debate moderator as well. So don't pick some wet noodle to run the GOP candidate will have to give as good as he/she gets.

Christies national aspirations are about to blow up in his face.

Because he cancelled a major works program because NJ was going to be asked to foot too much of the bill, traffic is going to be snarled when the repairs of some major tunnels begin next year.

This upcoming traffic apocalypse will be the end of Chris Christie - The Week

Forum List

Back