Young and very very rich

Only three of them inherited the money. The other 7 created it from the new computer economy.

Kind of cool the way brains get translated into dollars.

One of my buddies since middle school gifted program who's an incomprehensibly intuitive mathematical genius (truly a real-life Will Hunting I shit you not) left a very lucrative job with a private tech company to work as a lead software engineer for Facebook a few years back. I thought it was a net zero move at best but after learning recently that Facebook's software engineers are expected to cash in at no less that ~$13M on the IPO, I guess I was wrong lol.

I bring this up because leftists like TS hate a society that would allow my friend to be rewarded for realizing his innate talent. And I'll admit it didn't seem fair back in high school when I'd observe this guy making very little effort in acing our AP calculus courses while I had to sacrifice significant time and energy just to keep above water. But rather than dwell on how 'unfair' it was I simply remained focused on realizing my own potential by embracing the things I knew I was good at. Even as an immature high school douchebag I could see that I could control only my own destiny, not anyone else's. We all have innate talents and yes, some of them yield disproportionate financial reward. But being so envious of this and capping rewards will do nothing to change the fact that it's up to the individual to self-actualize; penalizing someone else will not do it for you.

if money = speech than people with the most money have the most speech.

Its pretty simple

The last I checked, corporations don't vote and no matter how rich someone becomes, they still only get one.
Dollars spent on advertising in an election are not buying votes, they are informing and/or influencing voters. Only sheep base their vote on campaign commercials alone.
It seems to me, this is the Liberal's problem with campaign finance. They know that they have the market cornered on sheep.

you cant be serious. advertising doesnt buy votes? thats comical.

i would venture that well over half of voters make their decision based on commercials. i know most of my co-workers do.
How did that work out for Meg Whitman?

The last I checked, corporations don't vote and no matter how rich someone becomes, they still only get one.
Dollars spent on advertising in an election are not buying votes, they are informing and/or influencing voters. Only sheep base their vote on campaign commercials alone.
It seems to me, this is the Liberal's problem with campaign finance. They know that they have the market cornered on sheep.

i would venture that well over half of voters make their decision based on commercials. i know most of my co-workers do.

you are right, candidates spend money on tv advertising because it is ineffective.

they do it because it creates jerbs and they are jerb creators first and foremost

My God...you are the most paranoid person I have ever come across.

Lighten up....no one owns you and no one will.

actually, i think the most paranoid americans are the ones who traded some of our liberty/freedoms for some perceived safety.

do you conisder speed limits as trading your liberties for some perceived safety?

are you saying that americans didn't trade some liberties/freedoms for some perceived safety?

you are right, candidates spend money on tv advertising because it is ineffective.

they do it because it creates jerbs and they are jerb creators first and foremost

Did you go to school to become this stupid or did it just come naturally?

actually, i think the most paranoid americans are the ones who traded some of our liberty/freedoms for some perceived safety.

do you conisder speed limits as trading your liberties for some perceived safety?

are you saying that americans didn't trade some liberties/freedoms for some perceived safety?

Nope. Not saying that at all. Yes, we traded many of our liberties for perceived safety.

What I am asking if you see it the same way with speed limits.

Becuase I do....and in both cases, I am OK with it.

Everyone knows that corporations dont advertise on TV because its ineffective

We all have freedom of speech.

FREE PUBLICATION is not a right, however.

Lying is not going to win you votes in a general election

Forum List

Back