Young American Jews Are Turning Away from the State of Israel

They're disinclined to support a government they view as oppressive.

It's only a matter of time before Israel feels the full spectrum of being a pariah state. People are not stupid. American Jews are not stupid. We can all see the oppressive, apartheid policies of the Israeli government with their treatment of the Palestinians. It is because of this, Israel is losing their younger, Jewish generation.

In a major survey of American Jews by the Pew Research Center in 2013, for instance, only a quarter of Jews aged 18 to 29 believed that Netanyahu’s government was “making a sincere effort to bring about a peace settlement with the Palestinians.”

For many, their problem with Israel is not just its current prime minister, its government’s policies and its nearly 51-year-long occupation of the West Bank.

It is not only what Israel does that bothers them, but also what Israel is.

In a recent survey of Jews living in San Francisco’s Bay Area, just 40 percent of those between the ages of 18 to 34 said they were comfortable with the idea of a Jewish state.
It's time to embrace the horror, American Jews are liberal; and half of them are in inter-faith marriages.

Wait.....wut?

People are not stupid?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

-Albert Einstein

I'll go with Einstein on this one, who WAS a Jew!!!

Oh, the horror.

Secondly, if you want to look up the definition of stupid, you won't see words. No, what you will see is a picture of gays in San Fran protesting the Zionist state in favor of the Palestinians.

Meanwhile, Palestinians are throwing gays off roof tops and would just as soon cut their throats as Israel has become a safe tourist spot for gays.

Dolts

Wait.....wut?

People are not stupid?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

-Albert Einstein

Oh, the horror.

Secondly, if you want to look up the definition of stupid, you won't see words. No, what you will see is a picture of gays in San Fran protesting the Zionist state in favor of the Palestinians.

Meanwhile, Palestinians are throwing gays off roof tops and would just as soon cut their throats as Israel has become a safe tourist spot for gays.

Dolts
You do know about the letter Einstein wrote to President Roosevelt regarding Zionist intentions?

Wait.....wut?

People are not stupid?

-Albert Einstein

Oh, the horror.

Dolts
You do know about the letter Einstein wrote to President Roosevelt regarding Zionist intentions?

Yes, and you are aware that Einstein was a devout Zionist, right?

He simply did not want terrorist groups taking over.

Wait.....wut?

People are not stupid?

-Albert Einstein

Oh, the horror.

Dolts
Actually the letter to the president was about atomic bomb.. But never mind.. :cool-45:

Actually the letter to the president was about atomic bomb.. But never mind.. :cool-45:
My mistake. It wasn't the letter to Roosevelt I was referring to, it was the one to the New York Times.

TO THE EDITORS OF THE NEW YORK TIMES:

Among the most disturbing political phenomena of our times is the emergence in the newly created state of Israel of the “Freedom Party” (Tnuat Haherut), a political party closely akin in its organization, methods, political philosophy and social appeal to the Nazi and Fascist parties. It was formed out of the membership and following of the former Irgun Zvai Leumi, a terrorist, right-wing, chauvinist organization in Palestine.

Before irreparable damage is done by way of financial contributions, public manifestations in Begin’s behalf, and the creation in Palestine of the impression that a large segment of America supports Fascist elements in Israel, the American public must be informed as to the record and objectives of Mr. Begin and his movement. The public avowals of Begin’s party are no guide whatever to its actual character. Today they speak of freedom, democracy and anti-imperialism, whereas until recently they openly preached the doctrine of the Fascist state.

- Albert Einstein

My mistake. It wasn't the letter to Roosevelt I was referring to, it was the one to the New York Times.

TO THE EDITORS OF THE NEW YORK TIMES:

Among the most disturbing political phenomena of our times is the emergence in the newly created state of Israel of the “Freedom Party” (Tnuat Haherut), a political party closely akin in its organization, methods, political philosophy and social appeal to the Nazi and Fascist parties. It was formed out of the membership and following of the former Irgun Zvai Leumi, a terrorist, right-wing, chauvinist organization in Palestine.

Before irreparable damage is done by way of financial contributions, public manifestations in Begin’s behalf, and the creation in Palestine of the impression that a large segment of America supports Fascist elements in Israel, the American public must be informed as to the record and objectives of Mr. Begin and his movement. The public avowals of Begin’s party are no guide whatever to its actual character. Today they speak of freedom, democracy and anti-imperialism, whereas until recently they openly preached the doctrine of the Fascist state.

- Albert Einstein
Well, it was your mistake #1. :)
Your mistake #2: the letter does not criticize Zionism (it is not even mentioned in the letter), but rather one specific political party.
And your mistake #3: you show Einstein as the only author of the letter, while there are about two dozens signatures in it. I doubt that Einstein initiated it or participated in its composition.

Your mistake #2: the letter does not criticize Zionism (it is not even mentioned in the letter), but rather one specific political party.
And your mistake #3: you show Einstein as the only author of the letter, while there are about two dozens signatures in it. I doubt that Einstein initiated it or participated in its composition.
There is only 1 mistake on my part, that was to whom it was sent. In this letter, Einstein basically called Begin a fascist and accused him of creating a fascist state. He also inferred Zionists were acting like Nazis.

And I don't appreciate you trying to argue Einstein had nothing to do with this letter or its contents. Your argument is bullshit. Your argument is just your opinion, not a fact.

Everyone who signed that letter, endorsed its contents.

It's not about politics, presidents come and go, while this is a process that spans 200 years.

Intermarriage means both Israeli and US Jewish communities will ebventually turn more traditional and young. As to the Liberal-reformists (who's intermarriage rate is high), their community is turning older, and less Jewish -it's a quick trend.

The nightmare of every far left marxist is that a Jew and an Arab will manage to come to agreement without their interference.
American Jews do not want to be associated with the political ideology of the Israeli government. Of coarse it is about politics!

Do you know of any Israeli-Palestinian marriage?

You just repeat what You'd like to see.
Neither Your link state that, nor are You the spokesman for all American Jews.

It's not about politics. Jewish life is not defined by ever changing politic discourse. The time scale is much wider than the life of one man, or serving of a candidate.

Jewish - Arab intermarriage in Israel occurs on a much smaller scale, unlike in the West intermarriage is the exception of the rule. Usually ends up with rescue teams in the middle of the night.

---------------------------------------------------------
Those who's main goal is to cause a discontent between Israeli Jews and Jewish communities in the diaspora - look for reasons for a chest beating, Israel grows stronger while they fail.

The rift withing the Jewish community has nothing to do with any of the politicians You see today. It's all rooted in times before the establishment of the state of Israel.

It defies politics, rather than reacts to them.

There is only 1 mistake on my part, that was to whom it was sent.
No, there are (at least) three mistakes on your part and I listed them.
In this letter, Einstein basically called Begin a fascist and accused him of creating a fascist state. He also inferred Zionists were acting like Nazis.
Nope, Einstein didn't mention "Zionists". Didn't I said it already? Yes, I said.
And I don't appreciate you trying to argue Einstein had nothing to do with this letter or its contents.
You can appreciate or depreciate your fantasies however you want. Good luck. :cool-45:
Your argument is bullshit. Your argument is just your opinion, not a fact.
And now you listed all your arguments. :biggrin:
Exactly - "everyone who signed that letter", not only Einstein. I hope that now it is clear even to you.

You just repeat what You'd like to see.
Neither Your link state that, nor are You the spokesman for all American Jews.

It's not about politics. Jewish life is not defined by ever changing politic discourse. The time scale is much wider than the life of one man, or serving of a candidate.

Jewish - Arab intermarriage in Israel occurs on a much smaller scale, unlike in the West intermarriage is the exception of the rule. Usually ends up with rescue teams in the middle of the night.

---------------------------------------------------------
Those who's main goal is to cause a discontent between Israeli Jews and Jewish communities in the diaspora - look for reasons for a chest beating, Israel grows stronger while they fail.

The rift withing the Jewish community has nothing to do with any of the politicians You see today. It's all rooted in times before the establishment of the state of Israel.

It defies politics, rather than reacts to them.
Do you know what a Palestinian and a Jew say to each other during sex?

In this letter, Einstein basically called Begin a fascist and accused him of creating a fascist state. He also inferred Zionists were acting like Nazis.
Nope, Einstein didn't mention "Zionists". Didn't I said it already? Yes, I said.
And I don't appreciate you trying to argue Einstein had nothing to do with this letter or its contents.
You can appreciate or depreciate your fantasies however you want. Good luck. :cool-45:
Exactly - "everyone who signed that letter", not only Einstein. I hope that now it is clear even to you.
Who the fuck do you think was trying to create Israel? The Dutch?

Einstein called Begin a fascist. Everyone who signed that letter called Begin a fascist. And everyone who signed that letter, said the people who were trying to create the state of Israel, are acting like Nazis.

Who the fuck do you think was trying to create Israel? The Dutch?
The Jews.
Einstein called Begin a fascist.
Again? :cool-45:
Everyone who signed that letter called Begin a fascist.
"Begin", but not "Zionists". I repeat it you already the third time.
And everyone who signed that letter, said the people who were trying to create the state of Israel, are acting like Nazis.
This is what you are saying. Irrelevant.

You're saying Begin wasn't a Zionist?

It's not what I'm saying, its what the letter is saying...

"Among the most disturbing political phenomena of our times is the emergence in the newly created state of Israel of the “Freedom Party” (Tnuat Haherut), a political party closely akin in its organization, methods, political philosophy and social appeal to the Nazi and Fascist parties."
The Freedom Party are Zionists. Extreme Zionists. And the letter states they are closely akin to Nazis. That's what the letter says.

You're saying Begin wasn't a Zionist?

It's not what I'm saying, its what the letter is saying...

"Among the most disturbing political phenomena of our times is the emergence in the newly created state of Israel of the “Freedom Party” (Tnuat Haherut), a political party closely akin in its organization, methods, political philosophy and social appeal to the Nazi and Fascist parties."
The Freedom Party are Zionists. Extreme Zionists. And the letter states they are closely akin to Nazis. That's what the letter says.

Einstein was a Zionist. He did not like the particular person BEGIN and the particular
party "truat haherut" Try to cope. FDR was a democrat----and American-----some
people did not like him and the policies of the party-----------try to cope

Einstein was a Zionist. He did not like the particular person BEGIN and the particular
Yeah. And he said they are acting like Nazis.

Yeah. And he said they are acting like Nazis.

so? lots of people said FDR acted like a communist-------like stalin whom they claimed was
his best friend

These American Jews are from...................America..............Mexifornia..................

When's the last time they had to run to cover because the air raid sirens went off from a rocket attack from Gaza.............

Were they scared.................

Did these same American Jews go to the funeral of their Friend who was killed by a suicide bomber on a bus going to the mall.........................

OH........THEY DIDN'T...............opinion disregarded.

Forum List

Back