You just KNEW it was going to happen...Oil Spill is BUSH'S FAULT!

Hell, even Kirsten Powers isn't buying into the usual finger-pointing routine...

The administration's chief response so far was to send out Interior Secretary Ken Salazar to do his best impersonation of a totalitarian thug, proclaiming that the government would "have its boot on the throat of BP."

(Fun fact: While in the Senate, Salazar backed an increase in oil and gas leases in the Gulf Coast region by promoting and voting for the Gulf of Mexico Energy Security Act of 2006.)

Since the "blame BP" strategy isn't working, Obama will today announce tougher safety requirements and more rigorous inspections for offshore drilling operations. Sounds nice -- except the problem isn't a lack of safety requirements, it's that the experts at the US Minerals Management Service ignored the existing requirements.

In fact, it was under Salazar's reign that the MMS approved BP's drilling without getting the permits required by law for drilling that might harm endangered species. The agency routinely overruled warnings regarding the safety and environmental impact of drilling proposals in the Gulf.

Read more: Where Was Obama's Plan A on the Oil Spill?--Kirsten Powers - NYPOST.com

I'd find it amusing if it wasn't so criminal.

This leak should have been plugged and Governor Jindal should have had the go ahead for his plan to prevent environmental catastrophe last week.

At this point, if i were Bobby, Id do the fix without the Feds approval and take the consequences.

This leak "should have been plugged"....

How?:eusa_eh:

Barry's going to be really surprised in 2012 when he finds that there's no G.W. and no BP on the ballot. His ass will be hanging out there all alone with all the damage to our coastlines and our economy.

Finger-pointing don't feed the bull dog. There's already 100 miles of Louisiana coastline oiled under HIS watch, and Jindal down there without substantial federal help.

This is what happens when you put your political buddies into important federal positions rather than finding the best experts to be had in any given field. This is what happens when you allow the government to become so bloated that it can't move with any semblance of speed or accuracy.

Indeed. Today he said that everything done to deal with the spill requires his Administration's approval. This includes the long delay to issue permits to dredge and build sand berms.

He can't blame his poor and slow response on Bush, as much as he will try.

I really hate it when liberal scumbags who hate god and want to destroy America and force ALL of our children to become gay blame bush or republicans for anything that is bad or wrong.

we ALL know that cons and repubs and bush are completely blameless and that EVERYTHING that is wrong with America is COMPLETELY the fault of liberals and democrats

I really hate when liberals set up straw men to attack and pretend as though they are being intellectually honest and are somehow morally superior to the rest of us.

For instance, No one has ever said that conseratives, Republicans, or President Bush are blameless about anything. Quite the opposite.

However, you've got to be absolutely delusional if you think that this accident was somehow President Bush's responsibility when he hasn't been in office for almost two years and that somehow President Obama holds no responsibility whatsoever. At some point you need to stop blaming your predecessor and get your butt to work.

And honestly, I don't really care whose fault it is. My concern has always been fixing the problem. Something that hasn't even been attempted by anyone other than BP and Governor Jindal. Yet, we can't support them in those efforts?

And you don't notice that conservatives and Republicans use the same tactics with Obama?

And honestly, I don't really care whose fault it is. My concern has always been fixing the problem. Something that hasn't even been attempted by anyone other than BP and Governor Jindal. Yet, we can't support them in those efforts?
Any truth to the rumor that Jindal wanted to build some sand berms to keep the oil out of sensitive areas, but the feds wouldn't allow such action to be taken?

Any truth to the rumor that Jindal wanted to build some sand berms to keep the oil out of sensitive areas, but the feds wouldn't allow such action to be taken?

It's true. The feds require permits for such efforts, which have been long delayed.

As thick oil flows into the sensitive marshes of the Louisiana coast, Gov. Bobby Jindal called on the White House and BP today to either stop the oil spill or get out of his way.

Jindal is still waiting for the federal government to provide millions of feet in boom and to approve an emergency permit for a state plan to dredge and build new barrier islands to keep the oil from reaching the marshes and wetlands.

Jindal is so desperate for the islands, he's said he'll build them even if it sends him to jail.

"We've been frustrated with the disjointed effort to date that has too often meant too little, too late for the oil hitting our coast," Jindal said.

BP Oil Spill: Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal Asks for More Help - ABC News

Obama said everything had to be approved by his Administration, and they have been very slow to act.

George W. Bush is the brother-in law that borrowed your brand new car, smashed it into a tree, left it in a ditch, then throws the keys at you and says 'you bought a piece of shit'

Boooooooosh stole our precious car!! So now he's stolen the precious, the precious Florida chads AND our car! Boooooooosh we hates him!

Hey, at least we didn't vote for him and then disown him, like you losers did.

Hell, you people even tried to claim that everything he did wrong was because he "went left".

LOL.

Bush is a giant fuck up, and YOU supported him for 8 years.

And yes, I mean you specifically Frank.

Now I don't believe the man was evil. I believe he always did what he felt to be the "right thing for the country", to his way of thinking anyway. But MAN was he incompetent.

And it's funny seeing you all use this defense ("blame Boooosh") again and again, considering you ALL "blame Obama" for everything that goes wrong in your life, right down to the rather large skid marks in your George W Bush "underoos".

Last edited:
And you don't notice that conservatives and Republicans use the same tactics with Obama?

Indeed, the only reason Dodd said anything like this at all is that REPUBLICANS are trying to lay the fault for this CORPORATE disaster at the feet of the president.

See how fucking ridiculous that is?

How about we just sit back and "let the market sort it out"?

After all, that's what you've been saying all along

Hey look, my dog died!

Why didn't Obama do something to stop that?

Hey look, I spilled a glass of milk!

That's obviously Obama's fault.

Look, the very corporations that we right-wingers have been screaming our fool heads off about, defending them from "evil government regulations", just fucked up royally!

Definitely Obama's fault!

Notice how the dunce Obama today made excuses for why his Administration has their heads stuck so far up their butts in regards to getting back to Gov Jindal's requests? The Moron wouldn't even touch the reporters other question which was "why have you guys not sent in Tanker Ships to suck up the Oil like they did in Saudi Arabia in the 1990's?". I guess Obama's political contributors would lose money having those ships actaully helping fix this tragedy. Fucking greedy pigs. Hope Obama enjoys his vacation while the entire Gulf is being polluted by his campaign donors. ~BH

Yeah. They've been doing "studies". :rolleyes:
Like there's a contest between the ecological damage caused by moving some sand as opposed to crude oil washing up in the marshes.

On May 11, the state Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority of Louisiana requested the permit from the Army Corps of Engineers to create the barrier in the Gulf of Mexico out of sand dredged from a site several miles offshore. The barrier would stretch along the coastline on both sides of the Mississippi Delta, from Chandeleur Sound in the east to Barataria Bay in the west.

Gregory W. Stone, director of the Coastal Studies Institute at Louisiana State University, said that dredging and pumping large amounts of sand amid Louisiana’s complex inlets and bays could harm ocean life. Dr. Stone said any plan required closer study before it is put in place.

[emphasis added]
(more...)
Experts Express Doubts on Sand-Berm Proposal - NYTimes.com

Today, they've given their exalted permission for some parts of Jindal's plan, but as you might imagine, they've brought their usual competence to the job...

Coast Guard Adm. approves part of Louisiana's sand berm plan to help protect coast

<snip for copyright protection>

Jindal said he had not been contacted by the Coast Guard or the Army Corps of Engineers and did not know which sections of berm were approved.

(more...)
FOXNews.com - Coast Guard Adm. approves part of Louisiana's sand berm plan to help protect coast

Last edited:
It started with finger pointing at Bush, Haliburton & BP. Now that BP finally tests & finds out the "Top Kill" method is going to work to plug the hole then Obama comes out of hiding & says "I take responsibility. It is my job to make sure that everything is done to shut this down" Way to take credit after being clueless & MIA for 5 weeks.

Yep, Plus the Dunce wants to make sure he get's BP political contributions again. That is if they don't go bankrupt. Even more pathetic is how on March 29th Obama announced that The U.S will increase Offshore Oil Drilling. LOL!!!! This guy couldn't be anymore of a fuck up. Hey, Where is Al Gore? :razz:~BH

Notice how the dunce Obama today made excuses for why his Administration has their heads stuck so far up their butts in regards to getting back to Gov Jindal's requests? The Moron wouldn't even touch the reporters other question which was "why have you guys not sent in Tanker Ships to suck up the Oil like they did in Saudi Arabia in the 1990's?". I guess Obama's political contributors would lose money having those ships actaully helping fix this tragedy. Fucking greedy pigs. Hope Obama enjoys his vacation while the entire Gulf is being polluted by his campaign donors. ~BH

How many "tanker ships that can suck up oil" are owned by the US Government?

Now, I think you should really ask yourself, "Why didn't BP send in tanker ships?", Since BP DOES own plenty of them.

As far as the leak itself goes, How many deep sea mini-subs with the necessary equipment to fix it does the US Government own? The answer is ZERO.

And if the government had bought or built this type of sub to deal with potential deep water disasters such as this, YOU would have screamed to high heaven about the waste of federal funds such a sub was.

The fact is, YOU have been complaining about government "interfering" with corporations for decades, especially where oil corporations are concerned. And voting accordingly.

THIS is the fruit of YOUR labor.

But now you're complaining because "Big Government" supposedly isn't stepping in fast enough to clean up the mess you and your buddies made possible.

That's rich.

It started with finger pointing at Bush, Haliburton & BP. Now that BP finally tests & finds out the "Top Kill" method is going to work to plug the hole then Obama comes out of hiding & says "I take responsibility. It is my job to make sure that everything is done to shut this down" Way to take credit after being clueless & MIA for 5 weeks.

"Out of hiding"?

Are you psychotic?

You fools were just complaining a couple of weeks ago that the Obama administration wasn't paying enough attention to Tennessee because he was paying too much attention to the Gulf disaster, but now he's been "hiding" the whole time?

Yep, Plus the Dunce wants to make sure he get's BP political contributions again. That is if they don't go bankrupt. Even more pathetic is how on March 29th Obama announced that The U.S will increase Offshore Oil Drilling. LOL!!!! This guy couldn't be anymore of a fuck up. Hey, Where is Al Gore? :razz:~BH

You mean that big $70,000 of donations the Obama Campaign received in total from BP 80,000 employees?

Wow, yeah, I'm sure he cares about that. That sure would have affected the 700 million dollars his campaign raised in the 2008 elections, I'll tell you what.

How many "tanker ships that can suck up oil" are owned by the US Government?

Now, I think you should really ask yourself, "Why didn't BP send in tanker ships?", Since BP DOES own plenty of them.

As far as the leak itself goes, How many deep sea mini-subs with the necessary equipment to fix it does the US Government own? The answer is ZERO.

And if the government had bought or built this type of sub to deal with potential deep water disasters such as this, YOU would have screamed to high heaven about the waste of federal funds such a sub was.

The fact is, YOU have been complaining about government "interfering" with corporations for decades, especially where oil corporations are concerned. And voting accordingly.

THIS is the fruit of YOUR labor.

But now you're complaining because "Big Government" supposedly isn't stepping in fast enough to clean up the mess you and your buddies made possible.

That's rich.

No, I don't want the Government to TAKE OVER THE FIX. That would only put it on us Tax payers and then make them responsible for any further mess. Actually what I am saying is the dunce Obama needs to get his ass down there and support the folks in the area and show that he cares. WTF is wrong with that? What are we 36 days into this tragedy? WTF? He should have been down there weeks ago. They also have the power to pressure those assholes to get some tankers in there, and you fucking know it. ~BH

You mean that big $70,000 of donations the Obama Campaign received in total from BP 80,000 employees?

Wow, yeah, I'm sure he cares about that. That sure would have affected the 700 million dollars his campaign raised in the 2008 elections, I'll tell you what.

Doesn't matter dumb ass, Political Contributions are Political Contributions. So is announcing just prior to the disaster that he is gonna increase Offshore Oil drilling. LMAO! Where is your herO Al Gore on that one? Hell, where the hell is he now? = Frauds! ~BH

They have blamed everything on George Bush they can. I wonder when they are going to start blaming George Bush because Owe Bama was elected President? That seems like about the only thing left to blame him for.

Forum List

Back