You don't need much meat.....just a little...

I follow the, Linda McCartney diet for years and years. Anyone know a good chemo doctor?
Linda died young certainly not a person to follow
She bragged and bragged about her vegan life. I still have her TV dinners stored in a huge freezer. 30 yrs worth still.

So you're saying that her being vegan caused her to get breast cancer and die?

Can you be more ridiculous?

I'm not vegan. I eat animal products including meat. Seafood and poultry.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011. It was in both of my breasts.

The cancer was caused by a breast cancer gene I inherited from one of my grandfathers. Four women from his generation in his family died of the same breast cancer.

The last time I talked to my genealogist about it he said I had one of the 170 breast cancer genes they have discovered. This was in 2015. There are many breast cancer genes. There are also many factors that cause breast cancer like DDT that was sprayed throughout neighborhoods to kill flies for decades. They used to have trucks going through neighborhoods spraying that chemical to kill bugs and flies. It wasn't until the late 1970s that it was found to cause breast cancer.

Blaming being vegan for Linda McCartney's death is ridiculous.

Being a vegan did not help her did it? I never said it caused her cancer. Like I said, those that worry about their health the most die the youngest. Sorry for your struggles and see your strength.

I notice breast cancer is higher in Eastern Euro decent. Being overweight is a huge factor in breast cancer. Combined with a family history.

Women who never had children are in a higher risk group also.

Eating beatle semen is a factor as well

So is being a dumb britt

Sorry. I am a life and health underwriter qualified. I get carried away with medical stats.

I follow the, Linda McCartney diet for years and years. Anyone know a good chemo doctor?
She bragged and bragged about her vegan life. I still have her TV dinners stored in a huge freezer. 30 yrs worth still.

The cancer was caused by a breast cancer gene I inherited from one of my grandfathers. Four women from his generation in his family died of the same breast cancer.

The last time I talked to my genealogist about it he said I had one of the 170 breast cancer genes they have discovered. This was in 2015. There are many breast cancer genes. There are also many factors that cause breast cancer like DDT that was sprayed throughout neighborhoods to kill flies for decades. They used to have trucks going through neighborhoods spraying that chemical to kill bugs and flies. It wasn't until the late 1970s that it was found to cause breast cancer.

Being a vegan did not help her did it? I never said it caused her cancer. Like I said, those that worry about their health the most die the youngest. Sorry for your struggles and see your strength.

I notice breast cancer is higher in Eastern Euro decent. Being overweight is a huge factor in breast cancer. Combined with a family history.

So is being a dumb britt

Sorry. I am a life and health underwriter qualified. I get carried away with medical stats.

Couldn't get a real job?

If God didn't intend for us to eat meat, then why did he make it taste so good?
I don't believe in god

I'm not too sure about that myself, but meat tastes good for some reason.

Not to me it doesn't. I can't stand the taste of smell of it. That's why I don't eat it.

Just the smell of it literally makes me vomit.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm completely supportive of you eating what you want, but I hate to see anyone's discomfort.

I agree. I fully support whatever people want to eat. I'm not eating it so why should I care?

However, cook the beef away from me. I will vomit and it won't stop until I'm dry heaving. The smell of it makes me very sick.

I highly recommend giving that a try though. Eat chicken or turkey or any other meat than beef for a few weeks. Then eat a hamburger or any beef. Your whole system will be stopped for at least a week.

You will notice you've lost weight though. That's some advice I give to those who want to lose weight. Stop eating beef. You'll lost about 10 lbs.

So is being a dumb britt

Couldn't get a real job?

I owned a financial services company since Reagan was prez, and retired at 50. So you are technically correct about a current job.

Those who worry about their health the most, die the youngest.

If I'm going to live 5 years longer but can't eat and drink what I want................F that. What does one miss the last 5 yrs of life anyway???...Drooling

You might not miss anything but those who you leave behind will.

Your children, your grandchildren.

They wouldn't get a chance to spend that time with you.

If you have experienced losing one or both of your parents you might know what I'm talking about.

Both of my parents are dead. In fact, all the adults from my youth are all dead now. Coronavirus killed my last living aunt on April 14th.

I would give everything I have to have that 5 years with my dad or mom you so casually and callously throw away.

I bet your children and grandchildren would too.
Boy you really read a hell of a lot in my posts don't you. I weigh 5 lbs more than what I did when I was 30. I've eaten everything I've wanted. My health is great. I've eatern 2 tomatoes a day since childhood. It is a key to super immunity.

Let's talk about death. I had a case of osteomyelitis that went through my blood stream in Draconian medical times relative to today. I was around 9 and clinically dead for 10 minutes in a tub of ice in a hospital. Want to know something? I wish I was not revived. Why, I will never answer.
About the only way to get an eatable tomato around here is to grow them yourself. The shit in the stores is frankin food and doesn't taste anything like real tomatoes are supposed to so as far as I'm concerned I leave it rite there and let it rot in the store. Leaverite, a new mineral, leave her right there.

I couldn't get past the totally ridiculous first sentence. I stopped reading when I read that. Once I read something that ridiculous I know there's no point to continue to read. It's a waste of time.

Her being vegan had absolutely nothing to do with her getting breast cancer and dying. No one has ever said that being vegan prevents breast cancer. How ridiculous can you be?

Yes her being vegan did help her. She lived a very happy, healthy life full of love and joy. She got to spend her adult life with the man she loved and who loved her.

By the way, Paul McCartney is also vegan. He will celebrate his 78th birthday next month. He's healthy and working. Doing concerts all over the world. Which isn't easy when you're young. It's much harder when you're in your 70s.

As a side note, I worked with Linda and Paul McCartney. Linda and I got along very well. We both are photographers and at the time, I was vegetarian. She was very happy to meet a woman photographer who does what I do and also a vegetarian. I worked with Paul McCartney twice after that.

Linda was a wonderful lady with a beautiful and giving heart.

What is your problem with people who don't eat the same foods you eat? Why do you have the need to lie about people just because they don't eat the same foods you do? What is your problem? Seriously, your behavior doesn't make much sense.

You can look at it this way, you get to eat the meat vegans and vegetarians don't eat so there's more for you. Doesn't that appeal to your selfishness?

Last edited:

I couldn't get past the totally ridiculous first sentence. I stopped reading when I read that. Once I read something that ridiculous I know there's no point to continue to read. It's a waste of time.

Her being vegan had absolutely nothing to do with her getting breast cancer and dying. No one has ever said that being vegan prevents breast cancer. How ridiculous can you be?

Yes her being vegan did help her. She lived a very happy, healthy life full of love and joy. She got to spend her adult life with the man she loved and who loved her.

By the way, Paul McCartney is also vegan. He will celebrate his 78th birthday next month. He's healthy and working. Doing concerts all over the world. Which isn't easy when you're young. It's much harder when you're in your 70s.

As a side note, I worked with Linda and Paul McCartney. Linda and I got along very well. We both are photographers and at the time, I was vegetarian. She was very happy to meet a woman photographer who does what I do and also a vegetarian. I worked with Linda and Paul McCartney once after that. I worked with Paul McCartney once after Linda died.

What is your problem with people who don't eat the same foods you eat? Why do you have the need to lie about people just because they don't eat the same foods you do? What is your problem? Seriously, your behavior doesn't make much sense.

You can look at it this way, you get to eat the meat vegans and vegetarians don't eat so there's more for you. Doesn't that appeal to your selfishness?

She died very young and miserably. She should have eaten more meat

As a side note, I worked with Linda and Paul McCartney. Linda and I got along very well. We both are photographers and at the time, I was vegetarian. She was very happy to meet a woman photographer who does what I do and also a vegetarian. I worked with Linda and Paul McCartney once after that. I worked with Paul McCartney once after Linda died.

She died young.

There is no evidence that a lack of meat in a diet causes breast cancer.

Breast cancer isn't caused by diet. It's caused by either hereditary or environmental factors.

I eat meat. I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I know tons of women who eat meat and were diagnosed with breast cancer. In fact, the vast majority of breast cancer patients in America eat meat. Simply because there's a vast majority of people who eat meat than there are of people who don't in our nation.

Stop being so stupid.

We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO
you don't need to eat any meat at all.

I have been following a fellow named Marcus Rothkranz who is a vegan and a prolific health writer
he is 50 and looks like he's 27. He does say however that should you choose to be a vegan you must do it correctly. That I believe.

JO
Yep, a vegan diet is not easy for most people. There is a huge difference between a vegan diet and vegetarian diet. A vegan diet eliminates all animal by products. That means no eggs, no milk, no butter, no cream, no yogurt, no cheese, nothing cooked in animal fat, and of course no beef, no pork, no chicken, no turkey, no seafood, etc.

I have two vegetarians in my family. Occasional they cheat but for most part they don't eat meat. They are very healthy and have little trouble finding food they like when dinning at home or eating out. One is a great cook and she cooks the most delicious vegetarian meals.

I also have a vegan in the family, a beautiful 22 year old girl. She been a vegan for about 8 years. She is about 25 pounds under weight, yet she's obsessively concerned about getting fat. The doctor said she really sees herself as being fat. She's Anorexia and Bulimic. She goes for days eating nothing but a few salads, some tofu, and breads. Then she binge eats pastas and Mediterranean food and vomits it up. When she goes out she eats little or nothing and if she does she probably vomit it. She been to two clinics that treat eating disorders. One doctor said unless she gets control of her eating, she may not make it past 30.

If you have a teenager in your family that is obsessive about dieting to loose weight and wants to be a vegan, do whatever you can to persuade her to delay the decision till she's a bit older and understands what she's getting into. Once you're a vegan for a few years, it is not easy to return to meat diet.

This is not to say that you can't be a vegan and be very healthy. You just have understand what you're getting into.
Anorexia has nothing to do with veganism.

Plenty of people who are not vegetarian or vegan have anorexia and bulimia
A study in 2013 looked at the relationship between vegetarianism and eating disorders among women, and found that about half of those with anorexia reported eating some form of vegetarian diet, compared to around 2 per cent of the UK population.

In a perfect world, the rise in veganism comes solely from a place of compassion for animals and a personal responsibility towards sustainability and reducing carbon emissions. But in reality, veganism is also being used as a cover for disordered eating. As one of my niece's doctor's said, anorexic teenage girls are almost always vegans or vegetarians. In short, being a vegan or vegetarian does not mean you have an eating disorder. However, an anorexic teenage girl is most likely vegan or a vegetarian.

She died young.

There is no evidence that a lack of meat in a diet causes breast cancer.

Breast cancer isn't caused by diet. It's caused by either hereditary or environmental factors.

I eat meat. I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I know tons of women who eat meat and were diagnosed with breast cancer. In fact, the vast majority of breast cancer patients in America eat meat. Simply because there's a vast majority of people who eat meat than there are of people who don't in our nation.

Stop being so stupid.

You don't read well do you.

The woman bragged about her healthy vegan lifestyle and she died at F 55 yrs old. Always found that ironic.

Quit making up stuff in my posts. Don't fear death though because it sounds like you are. When it happens, you'll wish it happened decades ago. Take that to the bank.

Now I think we have nothing left to say...Good luck to you.

We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO

Meat is healthy for humans and in case you didn't know vegetarianism isn't natural for humans, then you can tell, if not through observance, then through your teeth. Vegetarian animals have no sharp or pointy teeth, basically either a toothless bone ridge or a mouth full of molars, like cows or sheep.
Actually it is. Primates became omnivores early in their existence and have remained so most of our history. Our ability to live on either vegetable matter or animals has been a real asset in our development. However, if you had to chose between living your life as a carnivore or a vegetarian, you would have a much healthier diet as a vegetarian and would probably live a lot longer. If you ate just meats, you would have to eat a lot of organ meat, heart, liver, eyeballs,etc to get the all nutrients you need. Unfortunately, an all meat die provides you with nutrients that cause problems as you age, namely saturated fats.

Last edited:
It's not meat in general IMO but red meat. I'm trying to cut back on red meat and be more balanced between chicken, turkey, salmon, and beef/pork.

that's pretty much what i eat when it comes to meat.

chicken & turkey. i'm not a fish eater & i'll have beef maybe 5x a year...

turkey sausage ( sweet italian ) is great in sauce for pasta & i'll take it out of its casing to make patties for grilling. add a slice of cheese & sauteed peppers.... yummmmm....
I eat beef/pork every week and grill salmon once a week also. You ought to try grilling salmon. If you do it right it right it's not "fishy" at all.
If you can get fresh salmon, grill it lightly, just enough to cook it but not so much as to dry it out. Serve it with just a little lemon and butter sauce, a baked potato and a fresh salad and Oh' my God, what great meal and it's good for you. Salmon is rich in fish oils.

You just described one of my favorite dinners.

Copper River salmon is the best. If you can get it buy it. It's expensive now but worth every penny. The season for that salmon starts at the end of May and continues in June. If you can find some, buy it. Costco usually sells it but you have to get there early in the morning or it will all be gone.
I've notice the price drops as you get further into the season. The first few days of the season can be insanely expensive.

I don't believe in god

Not to me it doesn't. I can't stand the taste of smell of it. That's why I don't eat it.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm completely supportive of you eating what you want, but I hate to see anyone's discomfort.

I agree. I fully support whatever people want to eat. I'm not eating it so why should I care?

However, cook the beef away from me. I will vomit and it won't stop until I'm dry heaving. The smell of it makes me very sick.

I highly recommend giving that a try though. Eat chicken or turkey or any other meat than beef for a few weeks. Then eat a hamburger or any beef. Your whole system will be stopped for at least a week.

You will notice you've lost weight though. That's some advice I give to those who want to lose weight. Stop eating beef. You'll lost about 10 lbs.
I believe in all things in moderation when comes eating and drinking. When I was kid, a family meal was not complete without meat. Today, I have no problem eating meals of just vegetables, but not all meals. I have several vegetarians in my family and they fix some great vegetarian meals.

It's not meat in general IMO but red meat. I'm trying to cut back on red meat and be more balanced between chicken, turkey, salmon, and beef/pork.

that's pretty much what i eat when it comes to meat.

chicken & turkey. i'm not a fish eater & i'll have beef maybe 5x a year...

turkey sausage ( sweet italian ) is great in sauce for pasta & i'll take it out of its casing to make patties for grilling. add a slice of cheese & sauteed peppers.... yummmmm....
I eat beef/pork every week and grill salmon once a week also. You ought to try grilling salmon. If you do it right it right it's not "fishy" at all.
If you can get fresh salmon, grill it lightly, just enough to cook it but not so much as to dry it out. Serve it with just a little lemon and butter sauce, a baked potato and a fresh salad and Oh' my God, what great meal and it's good for you. Salmon is rich in fish oils.

You just described one of my favorite dinners.

Copper River salmon is the best. If you can get it buy it. It's expensive now but worth every penny. The season for that salmon starts at the end of May and continues in June. If you can find some, buy it. Costco usually sells it but you have to get there early in the morning or it will all be gone.
I've notice the price drops as you get further into the season. The first few days of the season can be insanely expensive.

But it's worth every penny in my opinion. I usually buy a salmon, cut it up and put it in the freezer. I have salmon for the year. Last year I was only able to buy half of a fish. Bummer. I ran out of salmon in January.

Thank goodness it will be back soon.

I don't believe in god

I believe in all things in moderation when comes eating and drinking. When I was kid, a family meal was not complete without meat. Today, I have no problem eating meals of just vegetables, but not all meals. I have several vegetarians in my family and they fix some great vegetarian meals.

I agree. Too many people do things to excess these days.

I used to be vegetarian. I didn't set out to be but meat never appealed to me that much. I just realized one day I couldn't remember the last time I ate meat. I shrugged and really didn't give it much more thought.

When I decided it was time to have a child I put meat back into my diet. Mostly for the pregnancy. I eat seafood and poultry.

Put just about any seafood in front of me and it's gone. Fast. LOL. Especially salmon and crab. Yum.

I don't believe in god

I used to be vegetarian. I didn't set out to be but meat never appealed to me that much. I just realized one day I couldn't remember the last time I ate meat. I shrugged and really didn't give it much more thought.

When I decided it was time to have a child I put meat back into my diet. Mostly for the pregnancy. I eat seafood and poultry.

Put just about any seafood in front of me and it's gone. Fast. LOL. Especially salmon and crab. Yum.
When it comes to meat, I like really good steaks, prime cuts. I never bother with the inexpensive cuts. I rather eat chicken than cheap beef. Although Salmon is my favorite fish, I love fresh catfish and trout. Since moving to the northwest I've discovered mussels and love them.

I don't believe in god

I think I'll give that a shot. I don't know how long I'll stay with it, but I'll make at least a few days.

I don't believe in god

When it comes to meat, I like really good steaks, prime cuts. I never bother with the inexpensive cuts. I rather eat chicken than cheap beef. Although Salmon is my favorite fish, I love fresh catfish and trout. Since moving to the northwest I've discovered mussels and love them.
Oh yeah, I love a good quality steak but I have it maybe once or twice a month at the most. Actually you reminded me, I'm due!

I don't believe in god

I love halibut and orange roughy though can't find it much anymore. A decades long time friend's dad used to fish halibut in Alaska. She introduced me to the cheeks. That's the best.

If you moved to the west side of the Cascades in Washington go over to the peninsula to Hama Hama. It's a river with a campground and picnic areas. There's also the Hama Hama Store. The sell the BEST smoked salmon you've ever eaten that wasn't homemade. They smoke on Wednesdays and the salmon is ready on Thursdays. The Maple and Lemon Pepper are the best. They also have the BEST oysters, muscles and clams you've ever eaten. They grow it all right there on Hood Canal. They have a store and outdoor restaurant. The line is extremely long for the restaurant but so worth the wait.

I have never seen my kid move faster out of bed, dressed and in the car as when I knock on his door and tell them we're going to Hama Hama.

So is being a dumb britt

Couldn't get a real job?

I owned a financial services company since Reagan was prez, and retired at 50. So you are technically correct about a current job.

LOL Linda McCartney still died young and miserably

o-CAMILLA-HORSE-FUNNY-SPLASH-facebook.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back