you cant swim here if your black

Apparently several parents have lost their baby sitters as well... From the link: At the time, Valley Swim Club officials said race had nothing to do with it and that there were too many children for the lifeguards on duty.

• Banned
maybe if black kids were not kicked out of the pool they could learn to swim

...Valley Swim Club officials said race had nothing to do with it and that there were too many children for the lifeguards on duty.

They played it safe and got burned, what a great example for the public and other businesses.

Last edited:

Well they took the pool to court, had it shut down via their actions, and got some money, which is no doubt the only reason they took the pool to court. I don't approve of discrimination and I certainly believe it to be a bad business model, however, the owner/s of a property or business should be allowed to deny anyone they want for whatever reason (government institutions excluded). For the record, I would never swim at an establishment that denies entry to black people. Nevertheless, the Supreme Court erred on title 7 (I beleive it's called title 7) of the Civil Rights Bill. Where the punishment is supposed to fit the crime the money they received is certainly larger than the act of the supposed crime.

Last edited:

Well they took the pool to court, had it shut down via their actions, and got some money, which is no doubt the only reason they took the pool to court. I don't approve of discrimination and I certainly believe it to be a bad business model, however, the owner/s of a property or business should be allowed to deny anyone they want for whatever reason (government institutions excluded). For the record, I would never swim at an establishment that denies entry to black people. Nevertheless, the Supreme Court erred on title 7 (I beleive it's called title 7) of the Civil Rights Bill. Where the punishment is supposed to fit the crime the money they received is certainly larger than the act of the supposed crime.

That's nice of you to say that and, maybe it's just me and I have a very low opinion on humanity but I don't think that if that lawsuit wouldn't of happened that pool would not only still be open but be profitable as well. But, hey I could be totally wrong here and the community would rise up against the people who made that policy at the pool. But all in all I'm not mad to see a business who uses discrimination as a policy go down.

Apparently several parents have lost their baby sitters as well... From the link: At the time, Valley Swim Club officials said race had nothing to do with it and that there were too many children for the lifeguards on duty.

And the kids conveniently happened to be black...

And the kids conveniently happened to be black...

What part of race had nothing to do with it does your pea-brain not comprehend?

Forum List

Back