You can't know where you're going if you don't know where you've been

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I admit I don't *study* history, but, I read a lot about some history- US History mostly and some US State History-

And anyway, study is best done on your own time, though of course professors and peers can help. There’s no guarantee academia will provide you a proper education. I’m still embarrassed the university system let me graduate with high honors in history and politics without ever reading Tocqueville or Aristotle. In a good state, familiarity and understanding of both would naturally be among the minimum qualifications for suffrage.

Amen to the bold- it's very evident, especially on political message boards. I wonder if "academia" has required reading- learning about History, even a small part requires reading which doesn't appear to be in vogue on political message boards, and I will make an assumption on the statistics of the population in general since we are where we are and I think if we actually spent more time reading and less time bloviating we'd be much better off politically-

Study History, Young Man!
On Your Own Time

What history subject is "some"? School can only teach you the basics it takes OJT to get all the experience you need and each company runs their company different and all who graduate and get a job must be trained in that companies procedures and policies...School was never meant to be the all knowing institution for prepping people to live in society, this is not Star Trek and we are not Vulcans.
I raised four kids and they had to learn at school and at home, I also took them to work with me to see how an income is earned so they know exactly what they are getting into when they finish school.

Last edited:
  • Banned
What history subject is "some"? School can only teach you the basics it takes OJT to get all the experience you need and each company runs their company different and all who graduate and get a job must be trained in that companies procedures and policies...School was never meant to be the all knowing institution for prepping people to live in society, this is not Star Trek and we are not Vulcans.
I raised four kids and they had to learn at school and at home, I also took them to work with me to see how an income is earned so they know exactly what they are getting into when they finish school.
Didn't read the article huh?

"Some" means not all- an unspecified amount-

Forum List

Back