You can thank Republicans for Obama’s renewed popularity

Ahahaha Dem's couldn't get their existing voters to turn out what makes you think these Hispanics will vote?

Self-preservation from the closet-racists? (especially on national, presidential elections.)

Go ahead, explain the 2014 election where "vote for us because Republicans are racists" failed. You libs really are having a tough time coming to grips with voters rejecting you. :laugh:

Republicans do better when fewer people vote. They know it. Which is why republicans do better in off season elections. And why they have been working so hard to make voting more difficult.

But a general election year? Riddle me this batman......since 1988, how many times has the GOP convinced the electorate to vote for their candidate? And how many times have the democrats done the same thing?

More 'mid terms' excuses, in 2006 when Dem's took control of congress you people were singing a different tune. You people said it was a repudiation of Bush, the people had spoken, Dem's were given a mandate. Why are you people talking out your ass now? Never mind the fact that if Obama can't turn out your base nobody can.

Notice you didn't even take a shot at my question. And there's a simple reason: the answer is once.

That's right, the GOP has managed a grand total of once time in the last generation to convince the electorate to vote for their candidate. The democrats in comparison have managed it 5 times. Democrats do better when more people vote. Republicans when less do.

In 1990,GHWB,,,,by executive order allowed 1.5 million illegal immigrants to remain here and vote......Would you label these folks as "foreign invaders" too?

No, Congress passed a law that granted legal status to certain immigrants. Bush's executive actions merely delayed the deportation of family members, while the House and Senate finished their collaboration to address those family members.

Notice you didn't even take a shot at my question. And there's a simple reason: the answer is once.

That's right, the GOP has managed a grand total of once time in the last generation to convince the electorate to vote for their candidate. The democrats in comparison have managed it 5 times. Democrats do better when more people vote. Republicans when less do.

:wtf:

Are you really saying this nonsense?

:wtf:

Are you really saying this nonsense?

What part of my post do you disagree with?

Ahahaha Dem's couldn't get their existing voters to turn out what makes you think these Hispanics will vote?

Self-preservation from the closet-racists? (especially on national, presidential elections.)

Go ahead, explain the 2014 election where "vote for us because Republicans are racists" failed. You libs really are having a tough time coming to grips with voters rejecting you. :laugh:

Republicans do better when fewer people vote. They know it. Which is why republicans do better in off season elections. And why they have been working so hard to make voting more difficult.

But a general election year? Riddle me this batman......since 1988, how many times has the GOP convinced the electorate to vote for their candidate? And how many times have the democrats done the same thing?

Therefore, the biased SC decision to render obsolete sections 4 and 5 of the Voters' Rights Act.

Further, (and this should scare the heck out of R-Wers) the Census Bureau found that in 2012, for the first time, voting rates of black Americans exceeded that of whites: 66.2% of eligible black voters cast ballots in the last presidential election, compared with 64.1% of whites.

Therefore, the biased SC decision to render obsolete sections 4 and 5 of the Voters' Rights Act.

Further, (and this should scare the heck out of R-Wers) the Census Bureau found that in 2012, for the first time, voting rates of black Americans exceeded that of whites: 66.2% of eligible black voters cast ballots in the last presidential election, compared with 64.1% of whites.

Well golly gee, Gnatty why do you think the borthas and sistas came out? LMAO You're such a tool

blacks are 14% of the population and Hispanics 15%. Asians are 6%, but vote with the whites. native Americans are 3%. So that leaves whites as being 62% of the population. Quite often, the hispanics vote with the whites so why should whites give a hoot about more blacks voting, hmm?

Renewed popularity? RCP has him at 45% approve 50% disapprove that is what it has been give or take point for some time now.

Wow, that's actually pretty good.......GWB left office with a 22% approval his father ended his term with 56% approval and Clinton with a 68% approval.
All in all, Obama should be "happy" with his 45% and, based on the O/P, Obama should send a "thank you" note to the GOP congress.

Well golly gee, Gnatty why do you think the borthas and sistas came out?

I sure hope that you're not insinuating that blacks DO NOT have a right to vote for whomever they choose.......or, you could just be exposing your racist biases, right Irish.....?.

You can thank Republicans for Obama s renewed popularity - The Washington Post

The takeaway is that when the action in Washington exposes—and doesn’t smooth over—the fundamental differences between Republicans and Democrats, Obama’s favorability suffers. But when legislators accommodate the White House for the sake of avoiding “dysfunction,” the president benefits.

So if Republican politicians really want to advance conservative legislation, they have to embrace the reality that the only way to win a debate is to have one.

Gee, what a novel idea! Who would have guessed that engaging in a civil debate would be the way to get their conservative agenda passed?

It only happened throughout the Clinton administration. He worked with the GOP and together they came up with compromises that actually resulted in economic growth and prosperity for everyone.

But the dilemma for the rabid right today is that they hate Obama and don't want to do anything that improves his approval ratings. (Just look at Clinton's high approval ratings and they even tried impeaching him and failed!)

So if the extremist rightwing want to move their agenda they have to deal with Obama looking good.

They can't have their cake and eat it too.

:rofl:
So, are you saying that Obama's popularity is going up because the Republicans tried to work with him??

That makes no sense at all.......because you assholes want Obama to keep fucking with the GOP. Working with them pisses you off and pisses us off.....so the best thing both of them can do is never get anything done. That way nothing Obama wants gets passed.

Can you see my point, or are you really this out of touch??

Ask an adult to explain the article in the link to you.
No need.....maybe an adult can explain to you that my post said the article was BS.

Renewed popularity? RCP has him at 45% approve 50% disapprove that is what it has been give or take point for some time now.

Wow, that's actually pretty good.......GWB left office with a 22% approval his father ended his term with 56% approval and Clinton with a 68% approval.
All in all, Obama should be "happy" with his 45% and, based on the O/P, Obama should send a "thank you" note to the GOP congress.
If one wants to be happy that their approval rating has gone up slightly because they have basically done nothing for the last year and a half ok. Thats hardly what most would consider a major accomplishment but then what qaulifys as an accomplishment is not what it used to be.

If one wants to be happy that their approval rating has gone up slightly because they have basically done nothing for the last year and a half ok.

Now, now, lets be fair here......A major portion of this thread is bashing Obama for his executive order on immigration.....that, coupled with his pushing the TPP (which I'm against) does NOT constitute "doing nothing."

Well golly gee, Gnatty why do you think the borthas and sistas came out? LMAO You're such a tool

BTW, Irish, did you ever wonder why blacks came out to vote in higher numbers in 2012 instead of 2008???
Does it mean that Romney scared the hell out of these voters more than McCain?

BTW, Irish, did you ever wonder why blacks came out to vote in higher numbers in 2012 instead of 2008???
Does it mean that Romney scared the hell out of these voters more than McCain?

Now you're scrambling, is it any wonder I've always owned your dumb ass?

"It only happened throughout the Clinton administration. He worked with the GOP and together they came up with compromises that actually resulted in economic growth and prosperity for everyone."

And that's the problem – republicans who refuse to compromise, they seek only to implement their failed, extreme agenda.

Forum List

Back