You can be 18 to fight and die for this country but you can’t buy a pack of cigarettes. But you can buy a marijuana product.

beer slingers hate the 21 age limit....i had a guy come into the beer store i worked at....ask for id he gives me his military id clearly showing he is underage...which i point out...his reply...i am deploying tomorrow and want to spend this evening having a beer....sell me the beer and you will never see me again..so what the hell does one do? i am of the generation that drank at 18 and never understood the age limit.
The Feds extorted the states via highway funding to adopt the 21 year law.

You ignored the key words. It has to be prescribed by a doctor.

i see “Dispenseries“ around. Parking lots alwas seem pretty full? One place had to install Disneyland type crowd routing (cattle guard routing). So there seems to be a lot of Doctors writing prescriptions or…..you can just walk in?

beer slingers hate the 21 age limit....i had a guy come into the beer store i worked at....ask for id he gives me his military id clearly showing he is underage...which i point out...his reply...i am deploying tomorrow and want to spend this evening having a beer....sell me the beer and you will never see me again..so what the hell does one do? i am of the generation that drank at 18 and never understood the age limit.
In my state, and in my day, the legal age was 21, but if you were married, or in the military, there was no age limit.

Pot-induced psychosis is real; here's just one example:

MSN

Pot: An INCREDIBLY dangerous and addictive drug.

No, it isn't. Tens of millions of people smoke pot. You point to ONE case of something weird like that happening. Obviously, she had some rare reaction between the weed and her body chemistry. That happens even with approved medications. If it were "INCREDIBLY dangerous" as you say you'd be reading these stories daily.

Donald Trump helped bring us this new law where every state in the United States has a law where you have to be 21 to buy a pack of cigarettes. So that’s something I disagree with Mr. Trump on. Just doesn’t seem right. You can fight and die for this country in some war at the age of 18 , but you can’t buy a pack of smokes…🧐🤔

More of that "small" government conservatism.

Which states is marijuana legal at 18? Most states I thought the legal age was 21.

Marijuana is illegal in ALL STATES. You liberals can't spout the Supremacy Clause only when it's convenient, then tuck it way again just because you want to get high.

Donald Trump helped bring us this new law where every state in the United States has a law where you have to be 21 to buy a pack of cigarettes. So that’s something I disagree with Mr. Trump on. Just doesn’t seem right. You can fight and die for this country in some war at the age of 18 , but you can’t buy a pack of smokes…🧐🤔

But that same 18-year-old can buy a “medical“ marijuana product that gets him high. That makes no sense. Lots of the mass school shooters have been marijuana addicts also on anti-depressants…. Cigarettes do not cause a psychoactive effect but marijuana does.

Yet another case of the politicians failing the American people. They got to do a better job… give us common sense laws.
Did you miss this line from your link?

However, qualifying medical conditions could allow you to get your medical card as young as 18 without parental consent.

In other words, unless you have a medical condition, you will not be allowed to purchase marijuana. Compare that with buying cigarettes.

you are on the extreme side....pot isnt as dangerous as you are making it out to be....the age should be 21 medical or not....
21 is much too young on its face, and with trickle down use, thousands of lives are being destroyed.

But you're right that pot isn't as dangerous as I say - it's far MORE dangerous.

The Uvalde mass shooter was a pot addict among many other murderers driven to psychosis by this INCREDIBLY dangerous and addictive drug.

Opinion | Cannabis and the Violent Crime Surge

Cannabis and the Violent Crime Surge

A Review of Cases of Marijuana and Violence

that telequack prescription does not add much medical authority to the situation.

any argument here applies equally to alcohol tobacco and firearms.

at 21 you are as adult as i am.
Look - you're a good guy.

But where pot is concerned, 21 is FAR too young.

An INCREDIBLY dangerous and addictive drug destroying thousands - perhaps millions - of lives.

So it’s legal at 18 if they have a prescription written by a doctor? So, not any 18 can go into any pot store and buy it at anytime they like. Thanks for the clarification.
Trickle down means it's widely available to those well under 18.

Pot pimps don't care that thousands/millions of lives are being destroyed.

No, it isn't. Tens of millions of people smoke pot. You point to ONE case of something weird like that happening. Obviously, she had some rare reaction between the weed and her body chemistry. That happens even with approved medications. If it were "INCREDIBLY dangerous" as you say you'd be reading these stories daily.
See the numerous links I posted above.

Pot is an INCREDIBLY dangerous and addictive drug destroying untold lives daily.

The Uvalde mass murderer was a pot addict, as is this guy:

Neighbor who tossed an elderly Jewish woman off a balcony while yelling 'Allahu Akbar' avoids trial because he smoked weed

Did you miss this line from your link?

However, qualifying medical conditions could allow you to get your medical card as young as 18 without parental consent.

In other words, unless you have a medical condition, you will not be allowed to purchase marijuana. Compare that with buying cigarettes.
Easily gamed; more easily than with opioids.

Deadly addiction is destroying lives by the millions.

Forum List

Back