You are Wealthy Beyond Your Imagination

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
Had anyone asked me during what historic period the wealthiest person in history lived, I would have been certain it is someone today. Wrong!
The wealthiest person in history was Mansa Musa, King of Mali. His wealth is estimated to be the equivalent of $400 billion today.

Anyone reading this is in most conceivable respects far wealthier than was Mansa Musa.

Musa never had the pleasure of eating ice cream, chocolate cake, pineapple or macadamia nuts.
Musa never heard classical music, rock and roll, fireworks in the sky.
Musa never saw Hawaii, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone National Park, glaciers or snowcapped peaks.
Musa never snow skied, water skied, or lew in a commercial jet five miles above the earth.
Musa never played tennis, never saw many of the astounding wildlife from around the world
and under the oceans.
Musa never saw movies or photographs, even of himself, as has everyone reading this page.
Musa knew nothing of the chemistry, physics, astronomy and other sciences and subjects that are
elementary knowledge today to literate people.

Musa died in his forties. Today's life expectancy for Americans is around 80.

Last edited:
Great points. Some of us are also wealthy in time. We have time to kill, whereas the wealthy don't have that luxury. They have become servants to their wealth.

"Money is a wonderful servant, but a cruel master."

Wealth is measured by how much power you have in the world. It's not just money money and possessions. Ordinary people certainly have more comforts than they used to but do they have any more power over their lives? Can they bring sufficient resources to bear when crisis hits? Can they stand against the powers that be any better?

Pretty cool history & I read about this guy before.
I'm pretty sure the hidden wealth of the Rothschilds & Rockefellers would put any one elses reported net worth to shame by many orders of magnitude

Wealth is measured by how much power you have in the world. It's not just money money and possessions. Ordinary people certainly have more comforts than they used to but do they have any more power over their lives? Can they bring sufficient resources to bear when crisis hits? Can they stand against the powers that be any better?
People have more power over their lives than they realize. Sadly, most heap restrictions on themselves without giving it much thought. Patterns of conformity are built into us via the educational system, group think, etc.

Pretty cool history & I read about this guy before.
I'm pretty sure the hidden wealth of the Rothschilds & Rockefellers would put any one elses reported net worth to shame by many orders of magnitude.

What does it profit a man who gains the world but loses his soul. - The Holy Bible

Billionaires and millionaires have had everything they could want, and lost their souls.
Harvey Weinstein, will spend the rest of his life in prison for raping women
Jeffrey Epstein, killed himself in jail awaiting trial for raping minors
Phil Spector, died in prison at age 81 after murdering his girlfriend
Bernie Madoff, died in prison at age 81 after losing billions in a Ponzi Scheme
Bill Cosby, escaped prison but lives in disgrace for drugging and raping numerous women

Everyone reading this is far better off than any of these super wealthy and formerly "important"
big shots, n-est'ce pas?

Had anyone asked me during what historic period the wealthiest person in history lived, I would have been certain it is someone today. Wrong!
The wealthiest person in history was Mansa Musa, King of Mali. His wealth is estimated to be the equivalent of $400 billion today.

Anyone reading this is in most conceivable respects far wealthier than was Mansa Musa.

Musa never had the pleasure of eating ice cream, chocolate cake, pineapple or macadamia nuts.
Musa never saw Hawaii, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone National Park, glaciers or snowcapped peaks.
Musa never snow skied, water skied, or lew in a commercial jet five miles above the earth.
Musa never played tennis, never saw many of the astounding wildlife from around the world
and under the oceans.
Musa never saw movies or photographs, even of himself, as has everyone reading this page.
Musa knew nothing of the chemistry, physics, astronomy and other sciences and subjects that are

Musa didn't have a clue what he was missing though.

I'd take a couple billion in lieu of the skiing and jet travel.

People have more power over their lives than they realize. Sadly, most heap restrictions on themselves without giving it much thought. Patterns of conformity are built into us via the educational system, group think, etc.
Sadly your real power in the world can be measured directly by your credit score. To get a good credit score you have to play the game like a good little consumer.

Well, thanks to many dishonest citizens in my country, I will still be forced to play the lottery tonight.

Emperor Shenzong of Song (25 May 1048 – 1 April 1085), personal name Zhao Xu, was the sixth emperor of the Song dynasty of China. His original personal name was Zhao Zhongzhen but he changed it to "Zhao Xu" after his coronation. He reigned from 1067 until his death in 1085

Emperor Shenzong is said to have controlled over 30% of the global GDP during his reign as Chinese Emperor. Historians estimate his wealth or worth based on this to be about thirty trillion dollars.

This is my sign of wealth.

July 18 2018

Alabama college student walks almost 20 miles overnight to first day of work; CEO gives him his car.​

What started as every employee's worst nightmare had a pretty happy ending for Walter Carr, 20, a college student from Alabama.

The night before Carr's first day on the job, his 2003 Nissan Altima broke down.

He called his friends and his girlfriend to try to get a ride, but nothing worked out. He checked his GPS and saw that without a car it would take him about 7 hours to get from his house in Homewood, Alabama, to the town of Pelham for his first day at Bellhops moving company.

He decided to walk.

Sadly your real power in the world can be measured directly by your credit score. To get a good credit score you have to play the game like a good little consumer.
That is very true for those that live a mainstream lifestyle Occupied....~S~

That is very true for those that live a mainstream lifestyle Occupied....~S~
Oh there's a thousand ways to live outside the mainstream but you must be very clever and talented to make it work.

and under the oceans.

Perspective is cool.

On some board today I noted that some guy, I forget who, suggested that most people don’t seek to be “wealthy.” Instead, people most often seek to become worry-free regarding their finances.

It’s a valid distinction, imho.

I know I am wealthy when towards the end of any given month at the grocery store checking out with a full cart when most others have 3-5 items in theirs and leeringly look at me!

Enuff said.!!

and under the oceans.

Well. According to Flag Wavers Inc, the richest at the moment would be(been) Fidel Castro, K-D_2Short or PUTIN !
They hid their money in the mobile building that travels, in perpetual motion, below IRAQ. It's protectified-pertekterated by Soddy'z WMD's !!!

Forum List

Back