YHWH

& ^^^ there ^^^ is the conflict.

homosexuality = sin

incest = not.

incest is not perfect, no matter the reason.

god could have created as many people as he wanted without the sin of incest between parents & children or between siblings.

don't you know? i already gave the passages from the OT.
You do realize those are allegorical accounts, right?

A parable is an allegorical tale.
Where the scriptures are full of literary devices that by no means can justify to claim the characters or relationships mentioned are fictitious.

I know. But you don't believe that, do you?

not really. although i believe there is energy that outlasts any living thing on earth. i like to think that is ones' 'soul', along with conscience.

A parable is an allegorical tale.
Where the scriptures are full of literary devices that by no means can justify to claim the characters or relationships mentioned are fictitious.
There are many different literary styles employed in the Bible. You have to read each passage and place it in its proper context to figure that out. It's not that hard. For instance the first eleven chapters of Genesis are allegorical accounts of world history that had been passed down orally for thousands of years.

not really. although i believe there is energy that outlasts any living thing on earth. i like to think that is ones' 'soul', along with conscience.
I was just referring to reading the bible literally.

But yeah, I wouldn't necessarily call it energy because I believe it's beyond energy or at least our understanding of energy. But to me... man's preference for good over evil coupled with his refusal to abandon that concept even when he violates it tells me there is something connecting us all. And I don't think it's just a coincidence that the universe popped into existence being hardwired to produce life and intelligence. By every account I have ever read, our universe is considered to be unnatural, as in it the more natural or likely state would be of a lifeless universe.

& ^^^ there ^^^ is the conflict.

homosexuality = sin

incest = not.

incest is not perfect, no matter the reason.

god could have created as many people as he wanted without the sin of incest between parents & children or between siblings.

don't you know? i already gave the passages from the OT.

Incest is sin. They were much closer to perfection back then. You who cannot even create a blade of grass has no clue to why God did the things he did. You think you can question the one who created all this creation.

I was just referring to reading the bible literally.

But yeah, I wouldn't necessarily call it energy because I believe it's beyond energy or at least our understanding of energy. But to me... man's preference for good over evil coupled with his refusal to abandon that concept even when he violates it tells me there is something connecting us all. And I don't think it's just a coincidence that the universe popped into existence being hardwired to produce life and intelligence. By every account I have ever read, our universe is considered to be unnatural, as in it the more natural or likely state would be of a lifeless universe.

i believe in angels - maybe not with the halos & wings ... but spiritual beings & certainly in those that once lived in human form can 'visit' or surround us - because i've experienced that, as did other members of my family enough times with enough similarities to not believe otherwise. JWs will tell you that is trickery by satan.

i've also personally seen a UFO (at the same time as scores of other people ) - so i don't think 'we' are alone.

Incest is sin. They were much closer to perfection back then. You who cannot even create a blade of grass has no clue to why God did the things he did. You think you can question the one who created all this creation.

as a free moral agent, i can certainly question why incest wasn't all that sinful when it was needed to populate the earth ... but was after.

i can question why homosexuality is considered a sin, but not offering up ones' daughters to be raped instead of allowing the act of homosexuality & then proceed to commit incest with those same daughters.

i can question why abortion wasn't all that sinful, when it was once bibically sanctioned.

as a free moral agent, i can certainly question why incest wasn't all that sinful when it was needed to populate the earth ... but was after.

i can question why homosexuality is considered a sin, but not offering up ones' daughters to be raped instead of allowing the act of homosexuality & then proceed to commit incest with those same daughters.

i can question why abortion wasn't all that sinful, when it was once bibically sanctioned.
Where is abortion sanctioned?

Where is abortion sanctioned?

for the last time - it's

numbers 5: 11-31.

a man, who even suspects his wife of adultery & possibly be pregnant ----
would be forced to drink a concoction made by a priest & a 'curse' would be brought on. that 'curse', resulting in a miscarriage. women forever have used that phrase ' curse ' when referring to menstruation.

for the last time - it's

numbers 5: 11-31.

a man, who even suspects his wife of adultery & possibly be pregnant ----
would be forced to drink a concoction made by a priest & a 'curse' would be brought on. that 'curse', resulting in a miscarriage. women forever have used that phrase ' curse ' when referring to menstruation.

It says nothing about a miscarriage. You assume that is what it is saying.

It says nothing about a miscarriage. You assume that is what it is saying.

making her belly swell & thighs rot & bringing a 'curse' means to make her miscarry, should she be pregnant by another man.

like i said ... using the word 'curse' has been used by females forever... it derives from the bible.

the god in the OT also brought death to people for so many reasons, what & how they ate food ... first (post) born children .... not keeping the sabbath 'holy' ...

so to think he wouldn't, or couldn't command a miscarriage to a suspected unfaithful wife? c'mon...............

making her belly swell & thighs rot & bringing a 'curse' means to make her miscarry, should she be pregnant by another man.

like i said ... using the word 'curse' has been used by females forever... it derives from the bible.

the god in the OT also brought death to people for so many reasons, what & how they ate food ... first (post) born children .... not keeping the sabbath 'holy' ...

so to think he wouldn't, or couldn't command a miscarriage to a suspected unfaithful wife? c'mon...............
Sorry, i meant to say abortion.

Forum List

Back