Yet Another Toddler Accidentally Shot And Killed His Mother

How many times have you shot in defense?

Never, how is that relevant? Are only those who have shot in self defense qualified to have an opinion on the topic? How many times have you shot in self defense?

So you would be safe with any caliber. Thanks.

By that rationale, I don't need to wear a helmet when riding my bike, because I have never fallen and hit my head. Thanks for the insight to your logic. Think I'll still put on that helmet even though it offends your reasoning.

We have examples of people having needed a helmet. None where caliber was too small.

That's because no one carries a .22 handgun and/or because they were killed by their attacker.

ever heard of Jimmy Cirillo? He carried a Beretta 22 short as a backup

I remember some tough guy saying "Hey jimmy what are you going to do with that little wimpy gun and JC, who had it hidden in the palm of his hand stuck it in the Tough guy's face and said
Shoot you in the eyeball tough guy

Neither do you.

But then again you are not an expert are you? You probably think you know more than the majority of cops and the FBI when it comes to pistols

So your claim is then false.

So the FBI and almost every cop in the country are wrong and you are right. Got it

Where do they state a .22 won't work for defense? Most people never need a gun period. Of those that do almost none ever need to shoot. For that tiny fraction of a percent that do shoot a .22 will work fine. Most are more accurate with a .22.

Unless you are deadly accurate, a .22 is not going to stop someone angry or high. A .22 is good for a close and personal assassination if you are using a hollowpoint.

Not everyone is angry or high.

So if you are faced with someone angry and high, your going to say "time out" I have to go home to get my angry and high gun...?

At least I have actually shot a gun so I know what I'm talking about

I have shot many guns. I also don't openly lie like you.

Sure you have..

You act like it is a rare thing. That is funny.

Straight from the NRA, and yes, I trust their view more than yours-

Plenty of affordable rifles and handguns are available chambered in .22 Long Rifle. However, they should be avoided for home-defense. The .22 round produces low levels of stopping power, allowing an assailant to continue doing harm long after he or she has been struck by the bullet. Rimfire guns like the .22 are more likely to jam or fail to fire due to faulty primers than center-fire shotgun, rifle or handgun cartridges. The .22s are terrific for plinking, small-game hunting and practice but they have no place in a home-defense lineup.

Yes cause they aren't trying to sell more expensive guns and ammo.

You know what boys, use whatever gun you want, use a BB gun for all I care or an unloaded bazooka, whatever makes you feel cozy. Others like mE will opt for a 9mm Glock. I'm sure you'll be fine.

So now you switch to using a 22 for protection is better because you less likely to suffer hearing loss. You win......I can't argue with your type.

It is one benefit of a .22. Most people will shoot it more accurately and faster too. Not switching. It is added to the fact nobody has ever needed bigger.

Then answer the question as to why cops don't carry .22s

If that's all anyone needs and they won't go deaf shooting it why wouldn't all cops be carrying them?

FYI I am just as accurate with a .45 as a .22

Is pulling out your gun and letting the criminal walk away an option for a cop? You really just don't get it.

So if a criminal is more afraid of a 9 mm or a .40 than a .22 why would you want a .22?

I really doubt they are staring at he barrel to try and determine the caliber. You are funny.
You point a .22 at me and I'll know it's a .22

At least I have actually shot a gun so I know what I'm talking about

I have shot many guns. I also don't openly lie like you.

Sure you have..

You act like it is a rare thing. That is funny.

Straight from the NRA, and yes, I trust their view more than yours-

Plenty of affordable rifles and handguns are available chambered in .22 Long Rifle. However, they should be avoided for home-defense. The .22 round produces low levels of stopping power, allowing an assailant to continue doing harm long after he or she has been struck by the bullet. Rimfire guns like the .22 are more likely to jam or fail to fire due to faulty primers than center-fire shotgun, rifle or handgun cartridges. The .22s are terrific for plinking, small-game hunting and practice but they have no place in a home-defense lineup.

Yes cause they aren't trying to sell more expensive guns and ammo.
says the guy who doesn't own a gun will never carry a gun and thinks no one should have a gun

What makes you qualified to tell anyone what kind of gun they should carry for SD?

I'll answer that for you

nothing

Neither do you.

But then again you are not an expert are you? You probably think you know more than the majority of cops and the FBI when it comes to pistols

So the FBI and almost every cop in the country are wrong and you are right. Got it

Where do they state a .22 won't work for defense? Most people never need a gun period. Of those that do almost none ever need to shoot. For that tiny fraction of a percent that do shoot a .22 will work fine. Most are more accurate with a .22.

Unless you are deadly accurate, a .22 is not going to stop someone angry or high. A .22 is good for a close and personal assassination if you are using a hollowpoint.

So you want to take the chance that guy bold enough to attack you or your wife is a calm cool collected and polite criminal?

Never, how is that relevant? Are only those who have shot in self defense qualified to have an opinion on the topic? How many times have you shot in self defense?

So you would be safe with any caliber. Thanks.

By that rationale, I don't need to wear a helmet when riding my bike, because I have never fallen and hit my head. Thanks for the insight to your logic. Think I'll still put on that helmet even though it offends your reasoning.

We have examples of people having needed a helmet. None where caliber was too small.

That's because no one carries a .22 handgun and/or because they were killed by their attacker.

ever heard of Jimmy Cirillo? He carried a Beretta 22 short as a backup

I remember some tough guy saying "Hey jimmy what are you going to do with that little wimpy gun and JC, who had it hidden in the palm of his hand stuck it in the Tough guy's face and said
Shoot you in the eyeball tough guy

Hey if you want to get right in a guy's face and shoot a pellet gun can kill.

The question is why would you want to get that close to a guy when you can hold him off at a distance?

So if you are faced with someone angry and high, your going to say "time out" I have to go home to get my angry and high gun...?

Angry or high does not necessarily mean that you will need an elephant gun for the stopping power.

Angry or high does not necessarily mean that you will need an elephant gun for the stopping power.

A 9mm or a .40 is by no means an elephant gun they just happen to be the calibers of choice for law enforcement all over the world

Why is that do you think?

So you want to take the chance that guy bold enough to attack you or your wife is a calm cool collected and polite criminal?

Oh come on now, you don't always need an elephant gun. And the smaller calipers like the 22 & 25 are plenty good enough for personal protection. Better that, than pepper spray.

Oh come on now, you don't always need an elephant gun. And the smaller calipers like the 22 & 25 are plenty good enough for personal protection. Better that, than pepper spray.

It's your choice.

Use whatever you want just don't tell me or anyone else what they should use

and You still haven't answered the question why doesn't any law enforcement agency in the world issue .22s their their officers if they are adequate for self defense after all a cop is only supposed to shoot if his or someone else's life is in danger

It's your choice.

and You still haven't answered the question why doesn't any law enforcement agency in the world issue .22s their their officers if they are adequate for self defense after all a cop is only supposed to shoot if his or someone else's life is in danger

Cops need an all purpose gun so the smaller calipers won't work for them. And they're far more likely to need a gun than you or me.

A 9mm or a .40 is by no means an elephant gun they just happen to be the calibers of choice for law enforcement all over the world

Why is that do you think?

I already answered your question

It's your choice.

Cops need an all purpose gun so the smaller calipers won't work for them. And they're far more likely to need a gun than you or me.

Cops are only supposed to shoot if their life or someone else's life is in danger. That doesn't sound "all purpose" to me it sounds like the same defense argument you are using

And you do know that most cops never fire their weapons in their career don't you?

So if that is the case why do cops opt for 9mm and .40 caliber handguns?

It's because they provide the best protection for their size and weight. Since now you can get small frame concealable hand guns in those calibers why would you opt for a .22?

It might be good enough it might not cops certainly don't think they are good enough for their defense

But like I said you use whatever you want

We might as well be arguing about 8 vs 6 vs 4 cylinder engines. BTW I'll always take the 8 but that's just me

It's your choice.

Cops are only supposed to shoot if their life or someone else's life is in danger. That doesn't sound "all purpose" to me it sounds like the same defense argument you are using

And you do know that most cops never fire their weapons in their career don't you?

It's because they provide the best protection for their size and weight. Since now you can get small frame concealable hand guns in those calibers why would you opt for a .22?

It might be good enough it might not cops certainly don't think they are good enough for their defense

We might as well be arguing about 8 vs 6 vs 4 cylinder engines. BTW I'll always take the 8 but that's just me

If the vast majority of cops never actually use their firearms during their career, than I'd say the likelihood of you, or me needing a gun to shoot somebody is quite small. So much so, that one cannot justify carrying a firearm for personal protection.

It's your choice.

If the vast majority of cops never actually use their firearms during their career, than I'd say the likelihood of you, or me needing a gun to shoot somebody is quite small.

So that means you should carry a gun in a caliber that most people who carry guns for defense find unsuitable
Got it.

It's your choice.

If the vast majority of cops never actually use their firearms during their career, than I'd say the likelihood of you, or me needing a gun to shoot somebody is quite small.

So that means you should carry a gun in a caliber that most people who carry guns for defense find unsuitable
Got it.

No. What that really means is that there is no need for you to be packing heat. Of any caliber.

It's your choice.

Got it.

No. What that really means is that there is no need for you to be packing heat. Of any caliber.

Except for the one time you might need it. But hey your house will probably never burn down so why have insurance?

But now why don't you just be honest here instead of telling people what caliber gun they should carry just stick to your real argument that no one needs to carry a gun period?

Got it.

Except for the one time you might need it. But hey your house will probably never burn down so why have insurance?

But now why don't you just be honest here instead of telling people what caliber gun they should carry just stick to your real argument that no one needs to carry a gun period?

Insurance is a sucker bet when I self-insure. Waste of money so to say.

Got it.

Insurance is a sucker bet when I self-insure. Waste of money so to say.

Yeah if you happen to have enough money to rebuild your house on hand who needs insurance?

Forum List

Back