Yet Another Toddler Accidentally Shot And Killed His Mother

Do you guys wear hearing protection on the street? Being able to hear well after first shot might save your life.

Exposure to noise greater than 140 dB can permanently damage hearing. Almost all firearms create noise that is over the 140-dB level. A small .22-caliber rifle can produce noise around 140 dB, while big-bore rifles and pistols can produce sound over 175 dB. Firing guns in a place where sounds can reverberate, or bounce off walls and other structures, can make noises louder and increase the risk of hearing loss. Also, adding muzzle brakes or other modifications can make the firearm louder. People who do not wear hearing protection while shooting can suffer a severe hearing loss with as little as one shot, if the conditions are right. Audiologists see this often, especially during hunting season when hunters and bystanders may be exposed to rapid fire from big-bore rifles, shotguns, or pistols.

So now you switch to using a 22 for protection is better because you less likely to suffer hearing loss. You win......I can't argue with your type.

It is one benefit of a .22. Most people will shoot it more accurately and faster too. Not switching. It is added to the fact nobody has ever needed bigger.

Then answer the question as to why cops don't carry .22s

If that's all anyone needs and they won't go deaf shooting it why wouldn't all cops be carrying them?

FYI I am just as accurate with a .45 as a .22

Is pulling out your gun and letting the criminal walk away an option for a cop? You really just don't get it.

So if a criminal is more afraid of a 9 mm or a .40 than a .22 why would you want a .22?

I really doubt they are staring at he barrel to try and determine the caliber. You are funny.

So now you switch to using a 22 for protection is better because you less likely to suffer hearing loss. You win......I can't argue with your type.

It is one benefit of a .22. Most people will shoot it more accurately and faster too. Not switching. It is added to the fact nobody has ever needed bigger.

If that's all anyone needs and they won't go deaf shooting it why wouldn't all cops be carrying them?

Is pulling out your gun and letting the criminal walk away an option for a cop? You really just don't get it.

So if a criminal is more afraid of a 9 mm or a .40 than a .22 why would you want a .22?

The scenario you are purposefully ignoring (or maybe I'm giving you too much credit) is that IF you have to shoot do you only want a .22 that might not stop someone hell bent on getting his hands on you.

You seem to assume that all people who would assault you would not have to be stopped and would all run away

That is an ill advised assumption

You must have lots of examples where a .22 wasn't enough. Let's hear them.

Bottom line, when you shoot, you shoot to kill. Higher caliber has more killing power. You are arguing on a sinking ship...jump off.

How many times have you shot in defense?

Never, how is that relevant? Are only those who have shot in self defense qualified to have an opinion on the topic? How many times have you shot in self defense?
He's never even shot at a paper target

You always talk out of your ass? Seems like it.

At least I have actually shot a gun so I know what I'm talking about

I have shot many guns. I also don't openly lie like you.

The scenario you are purposefully ignoring (or maybe I'm giving you too much credit) is that IF you have to shoot do you only want a .22 that might not stop someone hell bent on getting his hands on you.

You seem to assume that all people who would assault you would not have to be stopped and would all run away

I don't need them I'll take the advice of law enforcement not you who have never even held a gun

Never, how is that relevant? Are only those who have shot in self defense qualified to have an opinion on the topic? How many times have you shot in self defense?

Sure you have..

I don't need them I'll take the advice of law enforcement not you who have never even held a gun

Of course a liar needs no facts for his ridiculous claims.

Sure you have..

You act like it is a rare thing. That is funny.

Sure you have..

Straight from the NRA, and yes, I trust their view more than yours-

Plenty of affordable rifles and handguns are available chambered in .22 Long Rifle. However, they should be avoided for home-defense. The .22 round produces low levels of stopping power, allowing an assailant to continue doing harm long after he or she has been struck by the bullet. Rimfire guns like the .22 are more likely to jam or fail to fire due to faulty primers than center-fire shotgun, rifle or handgun cartridges. The .22s are terrific for plinking, small-game hunting and practice but they have no place in a home-defense lineup.

Sure you have..

Plenty of affordable rifles and handguns are available chambered in .22 Long Rifle. However, they should be avoided for home-defense. The .22 round produces low levels of stopping power, allowing an assailant to continue doing harm long after he or she has been struck by the bullet. Rimfire guns like the .22 are more likely to jam or fail to fire due to faulty primers than center-fire shotgun, rifle or handgun cartridges. The .22s are terrific for plinking, small-game hunting and practice but they have no place in a home-defense lineup.

Well, at least you admit you're under the control of a lobbyist who really doesn't give a fuck if you accidentally shoot a toddler. Besides paying off congress, their job is to lie to you so you'll buy lots and lots of guns.

Indeed, isn't it time for you to run out and buy some more so you can be safe going to church, school, restaurants, grocery stores and the corner bar?

RWNJs are so damn gullible.

Sure you have..

Yes cause they aren't trying to sell more expensive guns and ammo.

Sure you have..

Well, at least you admit you're under the control of a lobbyist who really doesn't give a fuck if you accidentally shoot a toddler. Besides paying off congress, their job is to lie to you so you'll buy lots and lots of guns.

Indeed, isn't it time for you to run out and buy some more so you can be safe going to church, school, restaurants, grocery stores and the corner bar?

You sound pussy whipped

Care to explain how it is "clear" which happens more often?

Millions of planes land safely each day. NO news reports. At least thousands had some incident during flight but the flight crew handled it without incident. No news, no headlines no deaths.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

So what? ALL stats are from the past. Everything you post has already happened too

So I can quickly find examples of dead kids just from the last couple of weeks. It is clear which happens more often.

View attachment 73249

Seems way off topic.
Hits home, 100% on topic of the OP. Millions of children have been murdered in the past century because citizens could not protect themselves with guns.

Who is talking about taking away guns?

Lame Duck President Obama and Democrat nominee Hillary Clinton do
So what? ALL stats are from the past. Everything you post has already happened too

So I can quickly find examples of dead kids just from the last couple of weeks. It is clear which happens more often.

View attachment 73249

Seems way off topic.
Hits home, 100% on topic of the OP. Millions of children have been murdered in the past century because citizens could not protect themselves with guns.

Who is talking about taking away guns?

That would be Lame Duck President Obama and the greatly flawed Democrat candidate for president Hillary Clinton. But only behind closed doors. For evidence, see President Obama's gun voting record in Chicago.

But it's the past so it doesn't count according to you.

Stop being such a dick. We all know that any accidental gun death gets reported far more than anytime someone uses a gun in a legit self defense scenario

We do? Defenses are going to be pretty exciting stories. The problem is lawful defenses are rare.

Prove it

ALL deaths are reported all self defense cases are not. The numbers are skewed to begin with.

It is your claim. You prove it. I am certain they get reported as they happen.

SOme cop responds to a call where a guy says he scared off a person breaking and entering with his gun. That story never makes it to the national wire.

Some kid accidentally shoots mommy and it's picked up by every major national news outlet

You have to be especially naive to think otherwise

Really? Because those stories do make the news.

Only in your dreams and you say so here to support your failed position.

Even more proof that you're a deeply stupid man. And it shows.
Then why don't cops carry pistols chambered for .22LR?

For personal protection silly. The rounds small size plus low velocity means no through and through, so the round hits every major organ in your body by the time it finally stops moving.

My Personal preference is for the 5 shot hammer less 38. Small and still packs a punch.

A hollow point means no through and through
And cops don't use their pistols for personal protection?

If a .22 is so good why carry a .38?

I'll take my Springfield .45 XDS with the 3 in barrel over a .38

You have never fired a shot in defense so it doesn't really matter.

That makes a difference how?

I have fired in self-defense and offense. So what?

I don't have that data and neither do you but law enforcement agencies do not think a .22 round is sufficient for the defense of their agents and officers
Case Closed: FBI Says 9mm Is The Best Pistol Round - Grand View Outdoors

They are the experts here not you

So you don't know any case where it wasn't enough. Thanks.

Neither do you.

But then again you are not an expert are you? You probably think you know more than the majority of cops and the FBI when it comes to pistols

So your claim is then false.

So the FBI and almost every cop in the country are wrong and you are right. Got it

Where do they state a .22 won't work for defense? Most people never need a gun period. Of those that do almost none ever need to shoot. For that tiny fraction of a percent that do shoot a .22 will work fine. Most are more accurate with a .22.

Unless you are deadly accurate, a .22 is not going to stop someone angry or high. A .22 is good for a close and personal assassination if you are using a hollowpoint.

Bottom line, when you shoot, you shoot to kill. Higher caliber has more killing power. You are arguing on a sinking ship...jump off.

So you would be safe with any caliber. Thanks.

By that rationale, I don't need to wear a helmet when riding my bike, because I have never fallen and hit my head. Thanks for the insight to your logic. Think I'll still put on that helmet even though it offends your reasoning.

We have examples of people having needed a helmet. None where caliber was too small.

That's because no one carries a .22 handgun and/or because they were killed by their attacker.

So you don't know any case where it wasn't enough. Thanks.

Neither do you.

But then again you are not an expert are you? You probably think you know more than the majority of cops and the FBI when it comes to pistols

So your claim is then false.

So the FBI and almost every cop in the country are wrong and you are right. Got it

Where do they state a .22 won't work for defense? Most people never need a gun period. Of those that do almost none ever need to shoot. For that tiny fraction of a percent that do shoot a .22 will work fine. Most are more accurate with a .22.

Unless you are deadly accurate, a .22 is not going to stop someone angry or high. A .22 is good for a close and personal assassination if you are using a hollowpoint.

Not everyone is angry or high.

[

Hey its Lughead =the sock puppet. A panty soiling gun hater who is a joke on several forums.

Forum List

Back