Yet Another Toddler Accidentally Shot And Killed His Mother

Brain357

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2013
A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother on Tuesday while she was driving in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It adds to a growing list of accidental shootings by toddlers.

Patrice Price, 26, was driving her security guard boyfriend’s car on Highway 175 when the 2-year-old fatally shot her in the back with a single bullet.

At least 69 children aged 17 and younger had picked up a gun and accidentally shot someone so far this year, according to data from gun control advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety, issued before this latest tragedy. At least 265 kids were responsible for accidental shootings in 2015.

A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother on Tuesday while she was driving in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It adds to a growing list of accidental shootings by toddlers.

Patrice Price, 26, was driving her security guard boyfriend’s car on Highway 175 when the 2-year-old fatally shot her in the back with a single bullet.

At least 69 children aged 17 and younger had picked up a gun and accidentally shot someone so far this year, according to data from gun control advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety, issued before this latest tragedy. At least 265 kids were responsible for accidental shootings in 2015.

Shit happens, more laws will never augment personal responsibility...

Shit happens, more laws will never augment personal responsibility...

There were a lot of mistakes made in this one, that is for sure.

Everytown?

If they say 69 incidents, the true number is very likely to be 20 or less.

Will the toddler be using the standard defense " I feared for my life" ?

They're after us.

Everytown?

Why would you doubt it? Seems like we hear about these stories regularly. The story of the gun activist woman being shot in the back by her child while driving is still really fresh.
Gun enthusiast mom shot in back by 4yo son
They want to perpetuate the specious image of guns as benign objects. The more people see guns as an inherent danger, the weaker their feeble argument for more guns on the streets. Their zeal for a totally armed society blinds them to facts. And it makes them myopic to the central fact that if there was no gun present, no one would be shot.

Everytown?

Why would you doubt it? Seems like we hear about these stories regularly. The story of the gun activist woman being shot in the back by her child while driving is still really fresh.

Because I've seen the way they have padded other reports.

I trust them as far as I could throw Bloombergs armed security patrol

People die.

The person at fault is the owner of the gun for not securing it better, and not the child nor the gun, well except for those old enough to know better ( child ).

Everytown?

You think they are finding dead people and then shooting the bodies just to pad their numbers?

Everytown?

They want to perpetuate the specious image of guns as benign objects. The more people see guns as an inherent danger, the weaker their feeble argument for more guns on the streets. Their zeal for a totally armed society blinds them to facts. And it makes them myopic to the central fact that if there was no gun present, no one would be shot.

If there are no people present, no gun will fire.

Everytown?

Well based on how easy it is to find these incidents I don't doubt the numbers.

Everytown?

If there are no people present, no gun will fire.
gcltte.jpg

Any home or car with a toddler should be made child-safe, not only guns are an issue, but medications, house cleaning products, poisons, etc.

Also, if you have a toddler, your pool should have a fence around it, with a locked gate.

This story is not a cautionary tale about guns, it is a cautionary tale about bad parenting.

Forum List

Back