Yes, this looks like the right place...

Welcome to USMB. My hands are not heavy. In fact, it's easy to live a moderation free existence here.
Hello again.

Well, so much for my idea that moderation was light on this board.

I just had my second post deleted for today. The mod said I was discussing ā€˜other boardsā€™. In response to a post, I had referred to ā€œthat other boardā€ to a person who was familiar with the situation. I didnā€™t name the board in question, it was simply a reference point in an exchange of posts. In fact, I donā€™t really know why either of the two posts were deleted.

So, in my short time here, Iā€™m at 23 posts written, two deleted. If I keep up the good work Iā€™ll soon have a negative post count. Lol...

Guess Iā€™ll take off my boots and relax. Hang it up for today while I still have a couple of posts that can still be read. :bye1:

"I just had my second post deleted for today. The mod said I was discussing ā€˜other boardsā€™."

Well it's there in the forum rules, perhaps you should read them to avoid more happenings.

View attachment 143210

USMB Rules and Guidelines
I have read the rules, but I haven't memorized them.

Apparently someone got bent because of an exchange in which another poster and I were referencing an incident that took place on another forum we were both familiar with. The forum name was never mentioned, but I guess that didn't matter to the Mod.

I thought this forum was 'lightly' moderated. Guess I was wrong.

Just sensitive about bringing in "foreign" drama from other places. We have plenty of domestic drama here. And everyone (( even you :lol:)) gets a fresh start when they join USMB.. It's not evil. It's kinda an "Amnesty" plan...
Thanks for the explanation, I got worried there, for a minute. I agree completely about the need to avoid "bringing in "Foreign" drama". And it was never my intent to do so. In fact I had avoided answering the person in question for as long as possible.

Imo, there is a small percentage of people who cause the same problems on every board they frequent (infest?). And, that's one of the reasons I love the Ignore option. Using the Ignore feature can keep interactions with these folks to a minimum. Thanks again.

Oh, and if you do visit us downstairs in the Flame Zone try not to mention that you use the ignore function. :D

Time to introduce myself, I suppose. Iā€™ve been a member of another pol forum for about a year, and I like most members and the level of interaction. But the moderation there is, I feel, too clumsy and heavy-handed. And it seems to be squashing the life out of the place. Mods can be seen in almost every thread, commenting or keeping people in line. So much so, that the forum seems to be all about the Mods, when it should be about the interaction between forum members. That's why I started checking out other forums.

After lurking here for a while, I decided this is a lively, fun place. You have a wide variety of members, attitudes, and posts: serious, funny, insulting, etc. And the Mods seem to use a light touch ā€” thatā€™s really important.

Iā€™m a registered Independent, and I piss off both lefties and righties at various times. I think trump is an incompentent imbecile and an embarrassment to humanity. But I canā€™t stand Hillary, either. America got screwed by both parties in the last election, imo. The single thing I like about trump is his tough stance on illegal immigration.

Imo, humor, and a bit of snark add a lot to the vitality of a forum. And, reading other membersā€™ opinions about a variety of subjects is what I enjoy most. Long, serious debates can quickly get boring as they too often fill quickly with dull, repetitive, posts.

Two people have already earned their way onto my Ignore list. One is an foul-mouthed old member who thinks he knows it all. He insulted me, first thing, and used some curse words that would earn him a fat lip on the street. The other guy was just plain hateful and dumb. I didnā€™t have any interaction with him, but I donā€™t want to read his drivel in the future. So, maybe that was my Welcoming Committee. Lol...

I hope Iā€™ll fit in here, and look forward to getting to know you all.
Diploma Dumbos

The grammar here is atrocious, most significantly by college graduates, showing one again that College Education Is a Fraud and Should Not Be Rewarded.
And your taste is in your mouth.

Nice try for a cheap put-down, but you missed, loser. Back to your rat hole. Thanks.
I think you will do well here :lol:

Just don't whine. Especially in the Flame Zone arena.:biggrin:
Down there...give back better than what is dished. Or try to. :)
Thanks for being so thoughtful, Gracie. It's much appreciated.

Hello again.

I just had my second post deleted for today. The mod said I was discussing ā€˜other boardsā€™. In response to a post, I had referred to ā€œthat other boardā€ to a person who was familiar with the situation. I didnā€™t name the board in question, it was simply a reference point in an exchange of posts. In fact, I donā€™t really know why either of the two posts were deleted.

So, in my short time here, Iā€™m at 23 posts written, two deleted. If I keep up the good work Iā€™ll soon have a negative post count. Lol...

Guess Iā€™ll take off my boots and relax. Hang it up for today while I still have a couple of posts that can still be read. :bye1:

"I just had my second post deleted for today. The mod said I was discussing ā€˜other boardsā€™."

Well it's there in the forum rules, perhaps you should read them to avoid more happenings.

View attachment 143210

Apparently someone got bent because of an exchange in which another poster and I were referencing an incident that took place on another forum we were both familiar with. The forum name was never mentioned, but I guess that didn't matter to the Mod.

Just sensitive about bringing in "foreign" drama from other places. We have plenty of domestic drama here. And everyone (( even you :lol:)) gets a fresh start when they join USMB.. It's not evil. It's kinda an "Amnesty" plan...
Thanks for the explanation, I got worried there, for a minute. I agree completely about the need to avoid "bringing in "Foreign" drama". And it was never my intent to do so. In fact I had avoided answering the person in question for as long as possible.

Imo, there is a small percentage of people who cause the same problems on every board they frequent (infest?). And, that's one of the reasons I love the Ignore option. Using the Ignore feature can keep interactions with these folks to a minimum. Thanks again.

Oh, and if you do visit us downstairs in the Flame Zone try not to mention that you use the ignore function. :D
They know I use the iggie function. But I don't care. And neither do they. And I don't go in there except to hang from the rafters now and then. FZ days for me are over. :)

Time to introduce myself, I suppose. Iā€™ve been a member of another pol forum for about a year, and I like most members and the level of interaction. But the moderation there is, I feel, too clumsy and heavy-handed. And it seems to be squashing the life out of the place. Mods can be seen in almost every thread, commenting or keeping people in line. So much so, that the forum seems to be all about the Mods, when it should be about the interaction between forum members. That's why I started checking out other forums.

After lurking here for a while, I decided this is a lively, fun place. You have a wide variety of members, attitudes, and posts: serious, funny, insulting, etc. And the Mods seem to use a light touch ā€” thatā€™s really important.

Iā€™m a registered Independent, and I piss off both lefties and righties at various times. I think trump is an incompentent imbecile and an embarrassment to humanity. But I canā€™t stand Hillary, either. America got screwed by both parties in the last election, imo. The single thing I like about trump is his tough stance on illegal immigration.

Imo, humor, and a bit of snark add a lot to the vitality of a forum. And, reading other membersā€™ opinions about a variety of subjects is what I enjoy most. Long, serious debates can quickly get boring as they too often fill quickly with dull, repetitive, posts.

Two people have already earned their way onto my Ignore list. One is an foul-mouthed old member who thinks he knows it all. He insulted me, first thing, and used some curse words that would earn him a fat lip on the street. The other guy was just plain hateful and dumb. I didnā€™t have any interaction with him, but I donā€™t want to read his drivel in the future. So, maybe that was my Welcoming Committee. Lol...

I hope Iā€™ll fit in here, and look forward to getting to know you all.
Oh, but it's always so much better to Stand Out, above the crowd.

Regardless, welcome to the forum. I suppose we need more Independents, anyway.

AND...flacaltenn is awesome. Easy going, fair, and I have a crush on him so don't be getting all up in his face, m'kay?

(j/k) :D

Have you looked at the Flame Zone area yet? Badlands? Rubber Room? Go take a gander, then tell me this board does not have light moderation. The basement is full of..well...you'll see. No other board would allow that crap.:lol:
Yeah, I agree. Flacaltenn seems really cool. I've met some pretty nice people here, so far. On the other hand, of course, there are a few of the...others...

I checked out one of the wild forums for a few minutes late last night. But I was too sleepy to get a real sense of the place.

Oddly enough the Flame Zone is probably the friendliest place on this board. I know Gracie doesn't like it, but she is weird. Always sending me nudes no matter how many times I ask her to chill out.
I visited one of the Flame Zone forums the other night and didn't see any hostility. But I was only there for a minute or two. Since I've already had two posts deleted (out of about 20) maybe I'll have to live in the Flame Zone in order to keep from being banned before I even get started here. :razz:
I highly recommend staying away from the Flame Zone. I'm not allowed in there anymore, but if I had the choice, I'd still stay out.

Hello again.

View attachment 143210

Thanks. I appreciate the heads up.

I use the Ignore option for people who prove themselves to be brain-dead, or nearly so. Folks who hammer the same meaningless point over and over, even when that point is trivial beyond belief.

When someone's posts are so ignorant and hateful that they become painful to read ā€” that, is when they earn a place on my Ignore list. I don't like using it, but I'm not a masochist. And I refuse to needlessly expose myself to messages that are mind-boggling in their stupidity, or express only brainless anger. That's what the Ignore feature is for, imo.

Thanks again. I have a lot to learn about this place. Negotiating this forum is more like driving a winding mountain road than cruising a peaceful country highway. Lol...

View attachment 143210

Thanks. I appreciate the heads up.

I use the Ignore option for people who prove themselves to be brain-dead, or nearly so. Folks who hammer the same meaningless point over and over, even when that point is trivial beyond belief.

When someone's posts are so ignorant and hateful that they become painful to read ā€” that, is when they earn a place on my Ignore list. I don't like using it, but I'm not a masochist. And I refuse to needlessly expose myself to messages that are mind-boggling in their stupidity, or express only brainless anger. That's what the Ignore feature is for, imo.

Thanks again. I have a lot to learn about this place. Negotiating this forum is more like driving a winding mountain road than cruising a peaceful country highway. Lol...
You'll figure it out soon enough. If you have any questions, there are plenty of people that you can ask.

AND...flacaltenn is awesome. Easy going, fair, and I have a crush on him so don't be getting all up in his face, m'kay?

Have you looked at the Flame Zone area yet? Badlands? Rubber Room? Go take a gander, then tell me this board does not have light moderation. The basement is full of..well...you'll see. No other board would allow that crap.:lol:
Yeah, I agree. Flacaltenn seems really cool. I've met some pretty nice people here, so far. On the other hand, of course, there are a few of the...others...

I checked out one of the wild forums for a few minutes late last night. But I was too sleepy to get a real sense of the place.

Oddly enough the Flame Zone is probably the friendliest place on this board. I know Gracie doesn't like it, but she is weird. Always sending me nudes no matter how many times I ask her to chill out.
I visited one of the Flame Zone forums the other night and didn't see any hostility. But I was only there for a minute or two. Since I've already had two posts deleted (out of about 20) maybe I'll have to live in the Flame Zone in order to keep from being banned before I even get started here. :razz:

WHAT?? 20 posts and no formal warning yet? Slacker... :whip:If I told you how hard it really is to get perm banned from this place, you might just run amok.

We do enforce the simple rules that we have. Once you get the "cheat sheet" -- no probs.
Well, thatā€™s good news....I think. What do people call you for short? It takes half an hour to write your user name. Do you have a nick-name, like Bob, or Hey You? I think my pal Gracie said she has eyes for you. Surely she canā€™t be calling you flacaltenn in her ā€˜warmerā€™ notes to you... :)

Btw, I actually did read the Rules. I thought they were simple too. And I thought I understood them. But I still I managed to bend a couple of them ā€” in the eyes of a Moderator whose eyesight I refuse to question publicly, being the gentleman I am.

Where do they hide this Magical Cheat Sheet you keep mentioning? Is it for sale on the black market? Is selling it your second income enhancer?

WHAT?? 20 posts and no formal warning yet? Slacker... :whip:If I told you how hard it really is to get perm banned from this place, you might just run amok.

We do enforce the simple rules that we have. Once you get the "cheat sheet" -- no probs.
Well, thatā€™s good news....I think. What do people call you for short? It takes half an hour to write your user name. Do you have a nick-name, like Bob, or Hey You? I think my pal Gracie said she has eyes for you. Surely she canā€™t be calling you flacaltenn in her ā€˜warmerā€™ notes to you... :)

Btw, I actually did read the Rules. I thought they were simple too. And I thought I understood them. But I still I managed to bend a couple of them ā€” in the eyes of a Moderator whose eyesight I refuse to question publicly, being the gentleman I am.

Where do they hide this Magical Cheat Sheet you keep mentioning? Is it for sale on the black market? Is selling it your second income enhancer?
I call him sweetcakes. You may use that term as well if you wish.:gay:

Seriously..I call him Flacal.

View attachment 143210

They know I use the iggie function. But I don't care. And neither do they. And I don't go in there except to hang from the rafters now and then. FZ days for me are over. :)
Well, I'm just trying to explore the various forums little at a time. And the FZ has the same kind of weird attraction as a car wreck, know what I mean? It's just curiosity. I have no interest in being a part of senseless brawls. I have this thread, for that. Lol...

Here's the cheat sheet. Wait -- we got to be alone....

:eusa_shhh: :eusa_shhh: :eusa_shhh: :eusa_shhh: :eusa_shhh:

In Zone2 and 3 which is 95% of USMB -- if you respect the SPECIFIC TOPIC of the thread and your posts contain something specific to that topic -- moderation doesn't care what ELSE you throw in.. (with a few caveats about bestiality, pedo accusations, family attacks -- like in the Site wide rules)

So -- if you're contributing to the topic -- you're invisible to us. Make the check out to FCT C/O Forum Foundries at the address on the home page link. A quick $100 ought to cover it. :mm:

Don't like FLAC -- sounds nasty -- prefer FCT..

Well, I'm just trying to explore the various forums little at a time. And the FZ has the same kind of weird attraction as a car wreck, know what I mean? It's just curiosity. I have no interest in being a part of senseless brawls. I have this thread, for that. Lol...

Badlands is my favorite nasty pleasure. Some of the best discussions on USMB get "banished" to Badlands. AND it has it's own "Theme Songs". See the "stickies" at the top of the forum listings.

I highly recommend staying away from the Flame Zone. I'm not allowed in there anymore, but if I had the choice, I'd still stay out.
Gad, is it really that bad. Someone told me there's vomit on the floor, and everything! Do those people smell bad, too...? Ackkk...

Gad, is it really that bad. Someone told me there's vomit on the floor, and everything! Do those people smell bad, too...? Ackkk...
I imagine them in my mind as a big assed biker bar full of rowdy guys and gals that love nothing more than to trip you, spit in your drink, laugh if you fall off your stool.

I imagine them in my mind as a big assed biker bar full of rowdy guys and gals that love nothing more than to trip you, spit in your drink, laugh if you fall off your stool.

Or babies learning their 1st bad words.. :rofl:

Here's the cheat sheet. Wait -- we got to be alone....

:eusa_shhh: :eusa_shhh: :eusa_shhh: :eusa_shhh: :eusa_shhh:

In Zone2 and 3 which is 95% of USMB -- if you respect the SPECIFIC TOPIC of the thread and your posts contain something specific to that topic -- moderation doesn't care what ELSE you throw in.. (with a few caveats about bestiality, pedo accusations, family attacks -- like in the Site wide rules)

So -- if you're contributing to the topic -- you're invisible to us. Make the check out to FCT C/O Forum Foundries at the address on the home page link. A quick $100 ought to cover it. :mm:

Don't like FLAC -- sounds nasty -- prefer FCT..
I can do that!

Actually I once belonged to a board (can I say that?) that had the same kind of 'system' in place. Posters would go into a thread, give each other Holy Hell, then, at the end, they'd throw in a bone containing a throwaway sentence touching on the initial topic of the thread. Is that what you mean, hypothetically speaking?

Of course, not being able to accuse opponents of engaging in beastiality is kind of a bummer... But I'll just have to deal with it, I suppose.

Now, I don't get it. You don't like to be called FLAC because it sounds nasty. You prefer FCT. But, doesn't FCT sound sorta nasty, in the past tense? :redface:

The hundred dollars is on the way. I'm sending a brand new One Hundred Dollar Bill instead of a cheesy old check. Please handle it carefully, as the ink may not be fully dry...

New Topics

Forum List

Back