Yes, this looks like the right place...

Just sensitive about bringing in "foreign" drama from other places. We have plenty of domestic drama here. And everyone (( even you :lol:)) gets a fresh start when they join USMB.. It's not evil. It's kinda an "Amnesty" plan...
Thanks for the explanation, I got worried there, for a minute. I agree completely about the need to avoid "bringing in "Foreign" drama". And it was never my intent to do so. In fact I had avoided answering the person in question for as long as possible.

Imo, there is a small percentage of people who cause the same problems on every board they frequent (infest?). And, that's one of the reasons I love the Ignore option. Using the Ignore feature can keep interactions with these folks to a minimum. Thanks again.

Oh, and if you do visit us downstairs in the Flame Zone try not to mention that you use the ignore function. :D
They know I use the iggie function. But I don't care. And neither do they. And I don't go in there except to hang from the rafters now and then. FZ days for me are over. :)
Well, I'm just trying to explore the various forums little at a time. And the FZ has the same kind of weird attraction as a car wreck, know what I mean? It's just curiosity. I have no interest in being a part of senseless brawls. I have this thread, for that. Lol...

Badlands is my favorite nasty pleasure. Some of the best discussions on USMB get "banished" to Badlands. AND it has it's own "Theme Songs". See the "stickies" at the top of the forum listings.
Wow. It sounds like the initiation into a secret club. Do they have a Special Handshake.

Or are their hands all sticky with... Eeeewwwww...

Thanks for the explanation, I got worried there, for a minute. I agree completely about the need to avoid "bringing in "Foreign" drama". And it was never my intent to do so. In fact I had avoided answering the person in question for as long as possible.

Imo, there is a small percentage of people who cause the same problems on every board they frequent (infest?). And, that's one of the reasons I love the Ignore option. Using the Ignore feature can keep interactions with these folks to a minimum. Thanks again.

Oh, and if you do visit us downstairs in the Flame Zone try not to mention that you use the ignore function. :D
They know I use the iggie function. But I don't care. And neither do they. And I don't go in there except to hang from the rafters now and then. FZ days for me are over. :)
Well, I'm just trying to explore the various forums little at a time. And the FZ has the same kind of weird attraction as a car wreck, know what I mean? It's just curiosity. I have no interest in being a part of senseless brawls. I have this thread, for that. Lol...

Badlands is my favorite nasty pleasure. Some of the best discussions on USMB get "banished" to Badlands. AND it has it's own "Theme Songs". See the "stickies" at the top of the forum listings.
Wow. It sounds like the initiation into a secret club. Do they have a Special Handshake.

I think your avie will get you in the door :lol:

Go see for yourself. You seem like you can take care of yourself pretty well. Either you will be reamed without vaseline so it burns..or you will be accepted. One way to find out, eh?

I think your avie will get you in the door :lol:

Go see for yourself. You seem like you can take care of yourself pretty well. Either you will be reamed without vaseline so it burns..or you will be accepted. One way to find out, eh?
Righties love my avie. ;)

And the symbolism is beautiful: it's meant to show that this Orange...thing.. is as ugly on the outside as he is on the inside. A fact that seems to elude his deluded supporters. Maybe because they want so badly to have someone to believe in. Anyone. Hopefully, a real man. Someone who'll tell them where to go, and what to do, what's true, what's not, etc. Someone who'll treat 'em rough and make 'em like it. They want to be his bitch.

The problem is, they latched onto a total phony. He's not a man. He's a Draft Dodging liar and a Flip-Flopper. He has the attention span of a flea and a brain to match. He's an inarticulate loud-mouth who acts tough because he stands behind a small army of bodyguards and now, Secret Service agents. He's Justin Bieber. A limp dick.

Guess I'll call it a night. A thunderstorm is rolling in, with lots of lightning. I'm gonna unplug my computer for this one. It's supposed to rain like crazy for the next couple of days.

Sorry to be so serious. Guess I'm ready to crash for the night.

Nice talking to you, Gracie.

Last edited:
Time to introduce myself, I suppose. I’ve been a member of another pol forum for about a year, and I like most members and the level of interaction. But the moderation there is, I feel, too clumsy and heavy-handed. And it seems to be squashing the life out of the place. Mods can be seen in almost every thread, commenting or keeping people in line. So much so, that the forum seems to be all about the Mods, when it should be about the interaction between forum members. That's why I started checking out other forums.

After lurking here for a while, I decided this is a lively, fun place. You have a wide variety of members, attitudes, and posts: serious, funny, insulting, etc. And the Mods seem to use a light touch — that’s really important.

I’m a registered Independent, and I piss off both lefties and righties at various times. I think trump is an incompentent imbecile and an embarrassment to humanity. But I can’t stand Hillary, either. America got screwed by both parties in the last election, imo. The single thing I like about trump is his tough stance on illegal immigration.

Imo, humor, and a bit of snark add a lot to the vitality of a forum. And, reading other members’ opinions about a variety of subjects is what I enjoy most. Long, serious debates can quickly get boring as they too often fill quickly with dull, repetitive, posts.

Two people have already earned their way onto my Ignore list. One is an foul-mouthed old member who thinks he knows it all. He insulted me, first thing, and used some curse words that would earn him a fat lip on the street. The other guy was just plain hateful and dumb. I didn’t have any interaction with him, but I don’t want to read his drivel in the future. So, maybe that was my Welcoming Committee. Lol...

I hope I’ll fit in here, and look forward to getting to know you all.
Welcome to USMB.

Time to introduce myself, I suppose. I’ve been a member of another pol forum for about a year, and I like most members and the level of interaction. But the moderation there is, I feel, too clumsy and heavy-handed. And it seems to be squashing the life out of the place. Mods can be seen in almost every thread, commenting or keeping people in line. So much so, that the forum seems to be all about the Mods, when it should be about the interaction between forum members. That's why I started checking out other forums.

After lurking here for a while, I decided this is a lively, fun place. You have a wide variety of members, attitudes, and posts: serious, funny, insulting, etc. And the Mods seem to use a light touch — that’s really important.

I’m a registered Independent, and I piss off both lefties and righties at various times. I think trump is an incompentent imbecile and an embarrassment to humanity. But I can’t stand Hillary, either. America got screwed by both parties in the last election, imo. The single thing I like about trump is his tough stance on illegal immigration.

Imo, humor, and a bit of snark add a lot to the vitality of a forum. And, reading other members’ opinions about a variety of subjects is what I enjoy most. Long, serious debates can quickly get boring as they too often fill quickly with dull, repetitive, posts.

Two people have already earned their way onto my Ignore list. One is an foul-mouthed old member who thinks he knows it all. He insulted me, first thing, and used some curse words that would earn him a fat lip on the street. The other guy was just plain hateful and dumb. I didn’t have any interaction with him, but I don’t want to read his drivel in the future. So, maybe that was my Welcoming Committee. Lol...

Diploma Dumbos

The grammar here is atrocious, most significantly by college graduates, showing once again that College Education Is a Fraud and Should Not Be Rewarded.
And your taste is in your mouth.

Nice try for a cheap put-down, but you missed, loser. Back to your rat hole. Thanks.
Sheep With Sheepskins

The low-talent student bootlickers who cheat their way to "success" (in a failed system) are responsible for our economic and political decadence. But since they control your mind, you are incapable of showing common sense about how absurd it is to give them responsible jobs just because they can go four or more years without a job, living like teenagers and afraid to grow up. Their learning diability in English means they were also inadequate in job-related courses, no matter what kind of grades they cheated to get. Not paying students the same wages paid to those who choose to get a job--instead of humiliating themselves by submitting to the childish student lifestyle your Masters mandate--attracts only the shallow end of the talent pool.

Welcome, Monkrules. I look forward to seeing you in threads now and then. We could use some more Independents here.
If you think ChrisL is ignore worthy, I hate to think what your ignore list will look like in another week. It's true she kicks ass better than most and she takes no prisoners, but she's always got a point.
There are much, much worse here. Don't let them drive you away.

Diploma Dumbos

The grammar here is atrocious, most significantly by college graduates, showing one again that College Education Is a Fraud and Should Not Be Rewarded.
Dos that meen mi coledge edumacation iz wortles? :dunno:
In the "Sage's" case... yes, college wouldn't help.
"If You're So Smart, Why Haven't You Made the Rich Richer?"

Help me with what? With becoming an ulcer-ridden corporate flunkie?

Oh, but it's always so much better to Stand Out, above the crowd.

Regardless, welcome to the forum. I suppose we need more Independents, anyway.
Hating Trump for appealing to people born in the working class is snobbery, not independence.

Diploma Dumbos

The grammar here is atrocious, most significantly by college graduates, showing one again that College Education Is a Fraud and Should Not Be Rewarded.

Translated means; Eye hav 2 put down the colege edumacated soz eye can mak mi selph fel beter.......

Diploma Dumbos

The grammar here is atrocious, most significantly by college graduates, showing once again that College Education Is a Fraud and Should Not Be Rewarded.
And your taste is in your mouth.

Nice try for a cheap put-down, but you missed, loser. Back to your rat hole. Thanks.
Sheep With Sheepskins

The low-talent student bootlickers who cheat their way to "success" (in a failed system) are responsible for our economic and political decadence. But since they control your mind, you are incapable of showing common sense about how absurd it is to give them responsible jobs just because they can go four or more years without a job, living like teenagers and afraid to grow up. Their learning diability in English means they were also inadequate in job-related courses, no matter what kind of grades they cheated to get. Not paying students the same wages paid to those who choose to get a job--instead of humiliating themselves by submitting to the childish student lifestyle your Masters mandate--attracts only the shallow end of the talent pool.
Please... seek help.

PS: YOU seem to be the one with learning DISABILITIES:

From your post:
"Their learning diability in English..."

Last edited:

Diploma Dumbos

Please, just go away. Stop embarrassing yourself by posting drivel.

Oh, but it's always so much better to Stand Out, above the crowd.

Regardless, welcome to the forum. I suppose we need more Independents, anyway.
Hating Trump for appealing to people born in the working class is snobbery, not independence.
And for you to choose the user name "The Sage of Main Street" is laughable, when you're the exact opposite of a sage.

Let's change your user name to something appropriate, say: The Moron of the Bowery.

Welcome, Monkrules. I look forward to seeing you in threads now and then. We could use some more Independents here.
If you think ChrisL is ignore worthy, I hate to think what your ignore list will look like in another week. It's true she kicks ass better than most and she takes no prisoners, but she's always got a point.
There are much, much worse here. Don't let them drive you away.
Thanks so much for your Welcome, Old Lady, I've enjoyed many of your posts. And I'm glad you're an active member here. You brighten the place up and bring some much needed sanity, too.

I have nothing against Chris. But I've never thought she "kicks ass". I just see her as loud, hyper-partisan, and hysterical. Not someone I'd want to spend any time around.

I lurked this board for a long time before joining. Over that time I became familiar with many USMB members and their views. That familiarity convinced me that there were a few people I would add to my Ignore list immediately, should I ever join USMB. I've now been a member for five whole days, and I only have three world-class idiots on my Ignore list, so far. I'm doing good, eh?

The Ignore list is simply a "sanity saver." I'm an older guy and don't have time or patience to read childish gibberish posted by morons. (Of course, that's just a matter of opinion. I post plenty of nonsense, too.)

Last edited:

Diploma Dumbos

Translated means; Eye hav 2 put down the colege edumacated soz eye can mak mi selph fel beter.......

Yew cann't finde a spale chicker? Jeesuis H Khriste.

Oh! You're speaking Minnesota! I couldn't for the life of me figure that one out. :eusa_doh:

Oh! You're speaking Minnesota! I couldn't for the life of me figure that one out. :eusa_doh:

Actually that is pretty good. That would fit in with dialogue in Fargo just fine. lol Don't cha know. Which is one of the Dakotas but close enough.

Forum List

Back