Yes, Another Thing BO Said That Isn't Happening

WASHINGTON — Although President Obama has vowed that citizens will be able to track "every dime" of the $787 billion stimulus bill, a government website dedicated to the spending won't have details on contracts and grants until October and may not be complete until next spring — halfway through the program, administration officials said.

Recovery.gov now lists programs being funded by the stimulus money, but provides no details on who received the grants and contracts. Agencies won't report that data until Oct. 10, according to Earl Devaney, chairman of the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board, which manages the website.

Details thin on stimulus contracts - USATODAY.com
-----

I know, I know. It takes time. These things aren't as easy as it sounds. Blah Blah Blah

He promised it. He isn't delivering.

Again.

I get deja vu more and more each day.

WASHINGTON — Although President Obama has vowed that citizens will be able to track "every dime" of the $787 billion stimulus bill, a government website dedicated to the spending won't have details on contracts and grants until October and may not be complete until next spring — halfway through the program, administration officials said.

Recovery.gov now lists programs being funded by the stimulus money, but provides no details on who received the grants and contracts. Agencies won't report that data until Oct. 10, according to Earl Devaney, chairman of the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board, which manages the website.

-----

I know, I know. It takes time. These things aren't as easy as it sounds. Blah Blah Blah

Again.

I know, I keep almost typing "Bush" instead of "Obama".

It takes a considerable amount of time to find web developers capable of publishing such information, as it is very complex in nature. My thoughts are that we will need to increase funding towards a new "czar" that will be call "Federal Head of Web Development for Governmental Reporting". We could definitely use the additional spending.

Wait .. what? ... give me the info, I'll have it published and easy to read in 7 days ... guaranteed, and I'll only charge 1 mill, since it's for the government.
LOL! Give me that data and I'll publish it in 15 minutes and I'll do it for FREE!

-----

Again.

I know, I keep almost typing "Bush" instead of "Obama".

sure ya do....

It takes a considerable amount of time to find web developers capable of publishing such information, as it is very complex in nature. My thoughts are that we will need to increase funding towards a new "czar" that will be call "Federal Head of Web Development for Governmental Reporting". We could definitely use the additional spending.

:lol: That was sarcasm?

-----

Again.

Misleading title. Your own article say that it will be happening, just as Obama said.

-----

Again.

Misleading title. Your own article say that it will be happening, just as Obama said.

Ummm, the point of this is "when"? The stimulus was passed months ago. He must be busy working on a plan for the soon to be released prisoners at Gitmo...... :eusa_whistle:

-----

Again.

Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah. You want instant gratification for a complex situation.

Tracking How Stimulus Dollars Are Tracked
Observers Offer Ideas About Web Site

By Ed O'Keefe
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, April 30, 2009

A vocal cross section of technology experts, academics, good-government groups and federal employees weighed in this week on the future of Recovery.gov, the Obama administration's Web site that officials promise will eventually track every single dollar of the federal stimulus.

Since the site's launch in late February, observers have raised concerns about its design, the technologies used and whether it will serve its promised purpose. At stake is the government's accounting of the $787 billion stimulus package and the administration's first big experiment in adapting technologies the Obama team successfully used during the 2008 presidential campaign to the task of government oversight.

The Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board, in partnership with the National Academy of Public Administration, on Monday launched "A National Dialogue," an online forum at Home — The National Dialogue that continues through May 3.

Users of the site can post an idea, comment on others and vote on their preferred suggestions. The forum received more than 300,000 visits in its first seven hours and more than 1.5 million by Tuesday night, according to Earl E. Devaney, chairman of the recovery accountability board and the site's de facto managing editor.

Devaney has $84 million at his disposal and will soon finish hiring a staff of 30 to oversee the site and coordinate oversight efforts with federal inspectors general and state auditors.

The Web site must be able to collect and display by mid-October spending information on each stimulus-funded project. Devaney's team has several critics: High-tech firms and good-government groups want the ability to download and analyze spending figures and redistribute them across third-party sites.

Some Web designers have said they dislike the site's design. Lawmakers have expressed concern that Devaney has not acted quickly enough to report on funds already distributed. Still others say this week's forum has been dominated by technology companies looking for an easy way to pitch their products to government officials.

In response, Devaney has asked for patience and suggested that skeptics grade the site's progress on a monthly basis. The board has considered several design models, including a display that mirrors traditional newspaper Web sites, he said.

President Obama appointed Devaney chairman of the board in late February, a move widely praised by lawmakers and members of the federal oversight community because of Devaney's reputation for being highly independent. Some call him "the Bob Vila of government," a repairman-for-hire assigned to address difficult situations over his 40-year federal career as a Secret Service agent, director of criminal enforcement at the Environmental Protection Agency and inspector general at the Interior Department.

The label is one he embraces, he said, because "I actually don't get excited unless something is broken."

"While I may not have the technical expertise, I'm perfectly capable -- I think -- of finding the best people in the country and pulling them together," he said yesterday during one of his first interviews since taking the job.

His staff has kept close watch on this week's forum and has reached out to users for more information. "We have to make this site robust enough to accept this huge tidal wave of data that's going to come rushing in here in October. That's the challenge. That's what keeps me up at night," he said.

-----

Again.

Ummm, the point of this is "when"? The stimulus was passed months ago. He must be busy working on a plan for the soon to be released prisoners at Gitmo...... :eusa_whistle:

And of course stopping the War on Terror.... :lol:

I'm still trying to figure out why bo thought giving the bondholder 29 cents on the dollar was "fair"??????

Because he said it was. He is Obama. Everyone should fall into line and do everything he suggests.

It's to make the country better. Just ask him, he'll tell you.

One of my ex's had a shirt with a saying similar to that on it.

"I'm a nice guy, just ask me". Should have been my first clue he was a scumbag.:lol:

The reason Obama is screwing over the bondholders is obvious. The unions helped buy his entrance to the WH and need to be paid off now. So what if the folks with pensions and stock options needed for retirement are hurt...wonder how many of them voted for the guy who is now stealing from them...bet they didn't see that coming....oops.

Thank you for proving to me further what I believe because for you to call him a "scumbag" is exactly why I'm so glad that we're on opposite ends of the political spectrum. You're the reason I'm pro-choice

obama-uncle-sam1.jpg

didn't obama claim he was tech savvy....

more promise the world and get a pebble instead

Great point. The problem is that he isn't up to speed on ASP, which is what Biden demands the new website's format to be in. Because no one messes with Joe, we will need to fund the training and education of a new branch of the Federal government to learn and excel at ASP in order to create this site.

Who needs all that? Just export through Open Office to MySQL and then set up a website with PHP, took me two weeks to learn PHP and MySQL.

Sure, but the stimulus-tracking .gov website needs to collect all the data on an ongoing basis 24/7 from all those states/counties/cities/hamlets/agencies/whatever. If they're not on the same page, literally, then what good is the website?

In the meantime, several independent watchdog sites have appeared. This one does a daily tracking of projects:

Stimulus Watch: Keeping an Eye on Economic Recovery Spending

It sounds to me like the GOP is headed for a Senate delegation of 35 seats in 2010, if their major concerns are how fast a website can get up and running, and whether or not Obama's birth certificate is fake.

I'm still trying to figure out why bo thought giving the bondholder 29 cents on the dollar was "fair"??????

The bondholders can still opt to prepare their own bid for the company using the par value of their claims as part of their financing. But do I want the same type of greedy hedge fund investors who played a large part in destroying the banking industry to have controlling interest in an already distressed auto manufacturer? I don't think so.

Great point. The problem is that he isn't up to speed on ASP, which is what Biden demands the new website's format to be in. Because no one messes with Joe, we will need to fund the training and education of a new branch of the Federal government to learn and excel at ASP in order to create this site.

Who needs all that? Just export through Open Office to MySQL and then set up a website with PHP, took me two weeks to learn PHP and MySQL.

Sure, but the stimulus-tracking .gov website needs to collect all the data on an ongoing basis 24/7 from all those states/counties/cities/hamlets/agencies/whatever. If they're not on the same page, literally, then what good is the website?

In the meantime, several independent watchdog sites have appeared. This one does a daily tracking of projects:

I have a problem with watchdog groups of any sort, they always have a slant on things.

However, as for the tracking, Linux uses MySQL as a default database, just install Ubuntu on all their computers and there won't be any conflicts, the updates can then be automated and the databases synchronized with little effort, and they wouldn't even have to relearn how to use computers (Ubuntu is as easy as Windoze to use). It's not as difficult as it sounds, or at least as some make it sound. I've done it between businesses before, it's what I do for a living (freelance). Doing it with a Windoze system would require a bit more work, but even then it's do-able.

Again.

It's already gotten so that when he says don't worry about something, I think that's something I should start worrying about. When he says don't worry about a GM auto warrantee, I begin to believe the warrantee won't really be there when I need it.

You got that right. oblahma is a con man and a liar. Problem is there's too damn many pea brains in America that get tingles up their legs when he talks, and don't give a rats ass what he said. Just so long as he's talking they're happy, just hearing his voice.

Thank God there's enough people in this country that actually LISTEN to what this little lop eared grifter says, and we KNOW he's a liar. Hopefully if we keep pointing it out the starry eyed oblahma worshipers will wake up someday out of their zombie like trance he has them under.

Define "enough." And where might those throngs of "people" be? Nevermind. I already know.

It sounds to me like the GOP is headed for a Senate delegation of 35 seats in 2010, if their major concerns are how fast a website can get up and running, and whether or not Obama's birth certificate is fake.

Yeah, I don't think the concern is over the website. I think the concern is aimed at the information that was promised is not yet, nor will it soon be, available. You see, there's a difference between concerns over technical issues and concerns over being promised something that one might actually be counting on.

As for fake birth certificates, well, hell, apparently technicalities don't matter much anymore. Of course we all know that it would have never been ignored if it involved a republican candidate. Remember the fuss over a piece of paper that showed whether or not Bush actually completed all of his military service? A much smaller issue in reference to whether or not a presidential candidate is ACTUALLY born in the U.S. But we can't quabble over that now can we? The damage is done...actually it's far from done, the damage has only just begun.

Because he said it was. He is Obama. Everyone should fall into line and do everything he suggests.

It's to make the country better. Just ask him, he'll tell you.

One of my ex's had a shirt with a saying similar to that on it.

"I'm a nice guy, just ask me". Should have been my first clue he was a scumbag.:lol:

The reason Obama is screwing over the bondholders is obvious. The unions helped buy his entrance to the WH and need to be paid off now. So what if the folks with pensions and stock options needed for retirement are hurt...wonder how many of them voted for the guy who is now stealing from them...bet they didn't see that coming....oops.

Thank you for proving to me further what I believe because for you to call him a "scumbag" is exactly why I'm so glad that we're on opposite ends of the political spectrum. You're the reason I'm pro-choice

Uh huh, and did you notice she said "one of my" ex's?? You kinda hafta wonder who's the scumbag if she's running through significant others like water. Maybe they were escaping.

I have a problem with watchdog groups of any sort, they always have a slant on things.

However, as for the tracking, Linux uses MySQL as a default database, just install Ubuntu on all their computers and there won't be any conflicts, the updates can then be automated and the databases synchronized with little effort, and they wouldn't even have to relearn how to use computers (Ubuntu is as easy as Windoze to use). It's not as difficult as it sounds, or at least as some make it sound. I've done it between businesses before, it's what I do for a living (freelance). Doing it with a Windoze system would require a bit more work, but even then it's do-able.

You can click on any specific project listed in the stimuluswatch.org site. But I seriously doubt anyone who posts here intends to do that. Nor would they take time to read any great long pdf entry or probably even the .gov website when it's up. Where this issue is concerned, they're only here to amuse themselves with their caustic comments. Being temporarily smug is always an upper.

Take your suggestion to the website link within the Washington Post article I posted. It might get more attention than here.

Forum List

Back