ARRA track where the money is going

Discussion in 'Economy' started by RodISHI, Oct 23, 2009.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Recovery.gov

I came across the evening thought some of you may want to take a look at it.

CHAIRMAN'S CORNER

Who's on the board..doesn't really say. Just says twelve Inspector Generals. I can't say for sure that is all good since I know how much waste was in government before that so many ignored. Hopefully he picked people with integrity.

2. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Still looking at all the links. It appears that Earl Devaney is working on keeping everyone honest as possible.

In order to see on the ARRA site where or who exactly these 19,000 organizations are or where they are spending the money use the map.

AWARD TYPE CONTRACTS @ FPDS.gov
    AWARD TYPE GRANTs @ USASpending.gov
    AWARD TYPE LOANS @ USASpending.gov

3. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    It appears no one else is looking at this to see if their area has gotten any money. I typed our zip into the interactive map. It says there were two grants given in this area. Odd I went searching further to see who the outfits are that supposedly got this half million dollars. I searched and found that same name in North Carolina for one of those grants, nothing around these parts named the same. Discover a connection for a business in Des Moines that does commercial art but no money spent here. The other quarter million seems to have been paid to a small paving company that comes up on the Internet as being in California. Help, WHERE'S THE MONEY ACTUALLY GOING?

4. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Cool I'm checking our zip from the little area where we lived for so many years. This really does not surprise me but it is somewhat irritating since I know some of these businesses. WTF is the government doing giving out $100,000.00 grants to established and existing businesses? Again use the map and check your zip code to see who got what in your area. It appears that almost million and a half went to a Michigan School district but it is listed as being put into Idaho.