ARRA track where the money is going

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Recovery.gov

I came across the evening thought some of you may want to take a look at it.

Award Progress
Figures shown are for contracts only

Updated 10/10/2009
http://www.recovery.gov/Style Library/Images/RGOV/chart_awardprogress_home.jpg

Distributing and Reporting

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 distributes the $787 billion as follows:
http://www.recovery.gov/Style Library/Images/RGOV/chart_DistAndReport.jpg
CHAIRMAN'S CORNER

Earl E. Devaney is chairman of the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board, which manages this website and oversees spending under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.

http://www.recovery.gov/Style Library/Images/RGOV/chairman-logo.gif

October 13, 2009

For those of us at the Recovery Board, October is a pivotal month. For the first time since our founding in February under the Recovery Act, we will be posting data from recipients of Recovery funds on our website, Recovery.gov. As many of you no doubt know, we built this new, state-of-the-art website so that we could provide you, the American people, with an inside look at how your money is being spent.
Oct 13 More from the Chairman at link...

Who's on the board..doesn't really say. Just says twelve Inspector Generals. I can't say for sure that is all good since I know how much waste was in government before that so many ignored. Hopefully he picked people with integrity.

The Board The Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board was created by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 with two goals:

* To provide transparency in relation to the use of Recovery-related funds
* To prevent and detect fraud, waste, and mismanagement

Earl E. Devaney was appointed by President Obama to serve as chairman of the Recovery Board. Twelve Inspectors General from various federal agencies serve with Chairman Devaney. The Board issues quarterly and annual reports to the President and Congress and, if necessary, “flash reports” on matters that require immediate attention.

In addition, the Board maintains the Recovery.gov website so the American people can see how Recovery money is being distributed by federal agencies and how the funds are being used by the recipients.

Still looking at all the links. It appears that Earl Devaney is working on keeping everyone honest as possible.

In order to see on the ARRA site where or who exactly these 19,000 organizations are or where they are spending the money use the map.

AWARD TYPE CONTRACTS @ FPDS.gov
AWARD TYPE GRANTs @ USASpending.gov
AWARD TYPE LOANS @ USASpending.gov

It appears no one else is looking at this to see if their area has gotten any money. I typed our zip into the interactive map. It says there were two grants given in this area. Odd I went searching further to see who the outfits are that supposedly got this half million dollars. I searched and found that same name in North Carolina for one of those grants, nothing around these parts named the same. Discover a connection for a business in Des Moines that does commercial art but no money spent here. The other quarter million seems to have been paid to a small paving company that comes up on the Internet as being in California. Help, WHERE'S THE MONEY ACTUALLY GOING?

Cool I'm checking our zip from the little area where we lived for so many years. This really does not surprise me but it is somewhat irritating since I know some of these businesses. WTF is the government doing giving out $100,000.00 grants to established and existing businesses? Again use the map and check your zip code to see who got what in your area. It appears that almost million and a half went to a Michigan School district but it is listed as being put into Idaho.

Forum List

Back