Yeah! It's About Time These Friggin Bicyclists Got Nailed!

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
I have an bike pedestrian trail that a occassionally walk on for excercise in the San Jose, Ca. area near my home, and I'm forever being nearly side-swiped by careless, reckless bicylists that drive their bikes like their on the Autobahn. There is a posted bike speed limit on this trail(Los Gatos Creek Trail) but few cyclists care. The worst ones are the guys and gals that where the skin tight outfits with all kinds of decals and their aero-dynamic bullet shell helmets. They act like their Armstrong wanna-bees.

It was only a matter of time before some poor pedestrian would get nailed fatally by one of these unthinking, selfish.......@#$% bikers......I really don't have much sympathy for them. Just the other day, I had one come from behind me at about 25 mph. without a bit of verbal, or other audible warning that they were passing me as I walked along the trail. The bikers pedal missed my left ankle by about three inches. That pedal would have taken one big hunk of meat off my body if it caught me at that speed. Anyway, they are real rude folks, with a real bad, selfish attitude.

I notice that even on the streets, many of these bikers ignore traffic signals/signs.

I want to see these folks getting more citations!!!!!

I get the feeling they're the same ones that drive 20 mph or more over the speed limit on freeways/interstates/pikes, and are the ones that swerve from lane to lane like their driving a high horsepower, cowled motorcycle. It's basically a selfish nature/attitude that carries over into anything they do. The old me-myself-and I......thing.....anything or anyone else is secondary to their gratification. They're highly educated but have the stunted personality of a 3 year old.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/12/D8CIQME80.html
Ore. Bicyclist Charged With Manslaughter
Sep 12 12:21 PM US/Eastern

CORVALLIS, Ore.

A bicyclist was charged with manslaughter after he ran through a stop sign and struck and killed a 71-year-old woman, police said Monday.

Jean Calder died at Good Samaritan Hospital after she was struck Friday night as she crossed a street at an unmarked crosswalk, Corvallis police Capt. Ron Noble said.

Christopher A. Lightning, 51, was charged with manslaughter and reckless driving.

"A car and a bicycle are both vehicles and if they are operated in a way that could be criminal, then charges are filed equally in both situations," Noble said. "He was going right through a stop sign."

Lightning was being housed in Benton County jail with bail set at $57,500. He will be given a court-appointed lawyer at his arraignment in Benton County.

Here in Northern Nevada we have the same problem...kinda/ sorta...they are a obnoxious group as you alluded too...However we keep them off the horse,walker and other slow trails...keep them on the Geiger Grade to Reno and 341 to Carson...there they must be cautious as Nevada drivers give them little slack...and they are no match for vehicles! :crutch:

nucular said:
Automobiles have roads, pedestrians have sidewalks. Cyclists have nothing. Of course there are going to be conflicts.

cyclists have the road along with other vehicles...they just need a refresher course on how to play by the rules!

archangel said:
cyclists have the road along with other vehicles...they just need a refresher course on how to play by the rules!

I ride bike in an urban setting and have been threatened by motorists on numerous occasions. Motorists think they have exclusive right to the road, where instead what you say is correct. Bicyclists have an equal right. It's motorists who need to learn how to cope with bicyclists. We know how to cope with them or we don't survive.
:spank3: :spank3: :spank3:

nucular said:
I ride bike in an urban setting and have been threatened by motorists on numerous occasions. Motorists think they have exclusive right to the road, where instead what you say is correct. Bicyclists have an equal right. It's motorists who need to learn how to cope with bicyclists. We know how to cope with them or we don't survive.

motorcyclist have equal rights...peddle power must adhere to the rules of the road..always defer to the biggest and most powerful...or go out to the desert where ya can go crazy and wild and suffer no consequencies(Pun)

This thread COULD have been entitled: "About time J-walking pedestrians got what was coming to them!"

There are no winners in this situation...both the lady, and the rider, are victims of circumstance. :(

Sad story. :(

nucular said:

You're "Threatened by motorists" eh? Tell me was that by accident or did they intentionally single your pedalled self out? Motorists pretty much do have a right to the road. It was built for them, by them, (through various taxes), and is used mostly by them. But NOOOOOOOO!!!! Mr. Bicycle needs his rights too!! Get a car, merge into the left lane, and hit the pedal (Accelerator) and get with the program. Why am I not surprised your a bicycle boy?

Mr. P said:
Maybe we should allow wheelchairs on the road too..It makes about as much sense.

Exactly my point. Bicyclists don't have designated roads or trails. It's a serious flaw in the nations transportation/energy plan. Sorry.

-=d=- said:
This thread COULD have been entitled: "About time J-walking pedestrians got what was coming to them!"

There are no winners in this situation...both the lady, and the rider, are victims of circumstance. :(

Sad story. :(

No one J-walked.......she was crossing at a street corner and she was legally crossing as you don't have to have white or yellow lines delineating out a cross-walk to be considered a legal cross-walk zone.

ThomasPaine said:
You're "Threatened by motorists" eh? Tell me was that by accident or did they intentionally single your pedalled self out? Motorists pretty much do have a right to the road. It was built for them, by them, (through various taxes), and is used mostly by them. But NOOOOOOOO!!!! Mr. Bicycle needs his rights too!! Get a car, merge into the left lane, and hit the pedal (Accelerator) and get with the program. Why am I not surprised your a bicycle boy?

OK Dumbass,

The roads were built for horses and carriages, then they were used by bikes and automobiles came later. Much later. Read some history or just use common sense. Bicyclists pay taxes too, we are citizens. I for example most likely pay more taxes than you do. I also drive a car. I started riding a bike for transportation and health whenever possible as a reaction and protest against 9/11 and as a citizen of New York City. Why am I not surprised you are once again an idiot? Bicycles are the solution for many problems in this society, if we could only acknowledge that fact.

Mr. P said:
Maybe we should allow wheelchairs on the road too..It makes about as much sense.

Not surprisingly they seem to allow them here in Seattle. I've come across wheelchairs on the road before. Once in an area where cars were parked on both sides of the street (on a hill no less) so there was only room for one car to pass and here comes someone in a motorized wheelchair. Crazy. There were sidewalks on both sides of the street completely empty of people - you'd think the person would've driven there. And the sidewalks all have those easy access ramps on the corners. Go figure.

I think bikes should be relegated to the sidewalks as well. Hardly anyone is ever walking on them except in certain busy areas.

ScreamingEagle said:
I think bikes should be relegated to the sidewalks as well. Hardly anyone is ever walking on them except in certain busy areas.

That's dangerous. The US needs to acknowledge the legions of bicyclists who already exist and encourage more by building special bike trails, especially for bike commuters. Would improve traffic and parking problems. For every committed cyclist there are 3 who would bike but are afraid to because it's not safe or convenient.

nucular said:
OK Dumbass,

The roads were built for horses and carriages, then they were used by bikes and automobiles came later. Much later. Read some history or just use common sense. Bicyclists pay taxes too, we are citizens. I for example most likely pay more taxes than you do. I also drive a car. I started riding a bike for transportation and health whenever possible as a reaction and protest against 9/11 and as a citizen of New York City. Why am I not surprised you are once again an idiot? Bicycles are the solution for many problems in this society, if we could only acknowledge that fact.

over a hundred years ago for carriages and ponies. Damn and I thought Nuevo York was an advanced city. Bicycles pay taxes? Esa bicicleta capitalista del usuario merece pagar los impuestos. Dammit then these two wheelers need to pony up cuz we're in a deficit. Bicycles and tractor trailers are tearing up the roads for the rest of us; pay up. You pay more taxes than moi? Happy happy joy joy. I live in a low tax state. Pay up that money and pedal.

ThomasPaine said:
over a hundred years ago for carriages and ponies. Damn and I thought Nuevo York was an advanced city. Bicycles pay taxes? Esa bicicleta capitalista del usuario merece pagar los impuestos. Dammit then these two wheelers need to pony up cuz we're in a deficit. Bicycles and tractor trailers are tearing up the roads for the rest of us; pay up. You pay more taxes than moi? Happy happy joy joy. I live in a low tax state. Pay up that money and pedal.

BICYCLISTS pay taxes! Because we are citizens. Or I suppose you think all bicyclists are your other bogey man- the illegal immigrant.

:wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank:

All I know is that a bad automobile driver will probably be a bad cyclist as well. If you're discourteous as a auto driver, you'll be the same operating any mode of transportation. In other words, pedestrians beware on excercise/nature trails where pedal powered vehicles are allowed as well.

It's sad as you go out into the country to get awar from the hustle and bustle, and these bikers go back and forth by you like your on the freeway.

It's really sad to these these little infants being pulled along in these little little two-wheel carts with mosquito netting behind mommy or daddy's 21 speed racing bike. Most of the time the countryside flies by so fast the kid doesn't get any interaction with their parent. I don't even think it's safe if the their parent had an accident on the bike.

Anyway..........it's hurry hurry hurry...........never time to smell the roses....................it's always.........."got to keep my biceps and deltoids in movie star condition".

Eightball said:
All I know is that a bad automobile driver will probably be a bad cyclist as well. If you're discourteous as a auto driver, you'll be the same operating any mode of transportation. In other words, pedestrians beware on excercise/nature trails where pedal powered vehicles are allowed as well.

It's sad as you go out into the country to get awar from the hustle and bustle, and these bikers go back and forth by you like your on the freeway.

It's really sad to these these little infants being pulled along in these little little two-wheel carts with mosquito netting behind mommy or daddy's 21 speed racing bike. Most of the time the countryside flies by so fast the kid doesn't get any interaction with their parent. I don't even think it's safe if the their parent had an accident on the bike.

Anyway..........it's hurry hurry hurry...........never time to smell the roses....................it's always.........."got to keep my biceps and deltoids in movie star condition".

There are many kinds of cyclists, regardless of whether or how they drive a car. All I know is every mile ridden rather than driven is better for the individual and better for the environment. That's good enough for me.
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

ScreamingEagle said:
Not surprisingly they seem to allow them here in Seattle. I've come across wheelchairs on the road before. Once in an area where cars were parked on both sides of the street (on a hill no less) so there was only room for one car to pass and here comes someone in a motorized wheelchair. Crazy. There were sidewalks on both sides of the street completely empty of people - you'd think the person would've driven there. And the sidewalks all have those easy access ramps on the corners. Go figure.

Holly Cow, I wish I could say that's BS, but I believe you. GEEEEZZZZZZ

Forum List

Back