Yeah! It's About Time These Friggin Bicyclists Got Nailed!

nucular said:
Exactly my point. Bicyclists don't have designated roads or trails. It's a serious flaw in the nations transportation/energy plan. Sorry.
I don't have any problems riding a bike..I stay off the road when traffic is coming and pay attention to what's going on. There is no need for any designated roads or trails just for bikes. Good common sense works well. Most people commute an hr in most Metro areas, well beyond biking range. Those that are close enough to bike should use the sidewalks. In rural areas, just get off the damn road when traffic is coming.:eek2:

Mr. P said:
I don't have any problems riding a bike..I stay off the road when traffic is coming and pay attention to what's going on. There is no need for any designated roads or trails just for bikes. Good common sense works well. Most people commute an hr in most Metro areas, well beyond biking range. Those that are close enough to bike should use the sidewalks. In rural areas, just get off the damn road when traffic is coming.:eek2:

Nice to hear from someone who actually rides a bike, and you're right. The only problems I've had have been in NYC where some motorists think it's fun sport to sideswipe bikers. As far as commuting is concerned, my wife would drive from Brooklyn to midtown Manhattan, or vice versa, and I would bike. Guess who got home faster?

nucular said:
Nice to hear from someone who actually rides a bike, and you're right. The only problems I've had have been in NYC where some motorists think it's fun sport to sideswipe bikers. As far as commuting is concerned, my wife would drive from Brooklyn to midtown Manhattan, or vice versa, and I would bike. Guess who got home faster?

By the way.....I am a bicyclist too, and my original post wasn't a blanket indictment on all cyclists.

Eightball said:
By the way.....I am a bicyclist too, and my original post wasn't a blanket indictment on all cyclists.

I got a ticket when I was a teen in Boulder for breaking the speed limit on the highway while entering their lovely little Red Republic...

maybe we should start registering bikes (plates and all) as well as licensing bicyclists. There should be tests as well as a yearly tax, just as motorists have to do. I don't know how many news stories I see of people being hit by cars because they think the rules of the road don't apply to them, such as semaphores and ALL road signs.

New Topics

Forum List

Back