Yasmin Alibhai-Brown: Distortions and Outright Lies.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
It wouldn’t be a Yasmin Alibhai-Brown column on Israel if it didn’t include some sort of disclaimer. Usually we are told that some of her best friends are Jews. Only the “good Jews” of course – the ones who have a serious problem with Israel.
In her latest piece for the International Business Times, “Israel marks some dark anniversaries in 2017 – It must make this year about hope not hate,” Alibhai-Brown states:

::After the Second World War, the case for a Jewish state was absolute. I read Anne Frank as a teenager and understood why Israel had to exist. I even believed the appealing myth that Israelis made the desert bloom. I support the right of this state to exist, and yes, bloom. But I do not, cannot, on humanitarian grounds, back all Israeli actions since they settled on their promised land.::

That’s awfully nice of you Yasmin.

Except that the rest of her article is full of distortions and outright lies.

Yasmin Alibhai-Brown: Distortions and Outright Lies | HonestReporting

Last edited:
  • Banned
In critiquing the 1917 Balfour Declaration that paved the way for a Jewish homeland, she writes:

In that tide of history, five million inhabitants were displaced – and the suffering of the Palestinians only got worse.

Where does this figure of five million come from? In 1948, the creation of the State of Israel witnessed the displacement of some approximately 750,000 Palestinians. A greater number of Jews from Arab countries subsequently arrived in Israel having been thrown out of their homes.

But that’s not the only exaggeration:

• Banned
Alibhai-Brown then moves on to outright lies, claiming:

^the rights of non-Jewish people are not protected by the state which sees itself as an exemplary democracy.^

In fact, the rights of non-Jews are absolutely protected by Israeli law.

^the rights of non-Jewish people are not protected by the state which sees itself as an exemplary democracy.^

Need more like her. So little left for us to laugh at these days of radical Islamists killing us infidels all over the world to honor Allah.

• Banned

Need more like her. So little left for us to laugh at these days of radical Islamists killing us infidels all over the world to honor Allah.

I watched her bleeding heart hand wringing act earlier today on TV.

In critiquing the 1917 Balfour Declaration that paved the way for a Jewish homeland, she writes:

In that tide of history, five million inhabitants were displaced – and the suffering of the Palestinians only got worse.

Where does this figure of five million come from?
From UNRWA.
Is this person worth a special thread?

• Banned

Where does this figure of five million come from?
From UNRWA.
Is this person worth a special thread?

It's not the person. But the stuff she comes out with. Ignorance and lies.

You don't have to read it if you don't want to.

Last edited:

I watched her bleeding heart hand wringing act earlier today on TV.
Funnny funny funny.

Forum List

Back