Yankees!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Really glad to have the Yankees back, especially with my NYRangers down two games to the 'Canes....

Just now, LeMahieu celebrated today, his 10 year MLB anniversary, with a grand slam against the White Sox!!!!

About 800 players in all of baseball have made it to 10 years......the average is about 3 1/2 years.

Know how much time a player needs in the majors to qualify for life-time medical coverage???

One day.

Should MLB take any action against Donaldson as they are contemplating ? Would it be truly justified or would it be mere posturing and virtue signaling by MLB? Is Donaldson entitled to a presumption of innocence here?

Should MLB take any action against Donaldson as they are contemplating ? Would it be truly justified or would it be mere posturing and virtue signaling by MLB? Is Donaldson entitled to a presumption of innocence here?

Are you talking about the racist MLB that moved the all-star game to kiss the feet of the Democrats??????

I had to turn off the game on ESPN yesterday because they kept accusing Donaldson of racism.

I heard what he said, and his needling of Anderson was just what I'd expect in sports: get under the skin of the opponent.
Anderson knew how to respond in this millieu.....cry racism.

I'm disappointed in Boone and LaRussa.

Some background to this story showing that the cry of racism is silly and false.

American Thinker

May 23, 2022

A new Black Sox Scandal?​

By Michael Widlanski

Excerpt:

The Chicago White Sox were once a great team that got involved in a scandal a century ago -- the so-called “BlackSox” betting scandal in which some Sox players were implicated in throwing games.

Because of the scandal, the World Series of 1919 became a black mark in history, and a great star, “Shoeless Joe” Jackson (who may not have been involved in the betting scandal) was tainted and thrown out of baseball. Now the White Sox are involved in another ugly scandal of their own making.

A hundred years later, the Sox, a team struggling with a much poorer record than their actual player roster would indicate, are accusing the team with the best record in baseball of racism.

LINK

Are you talking about the racist MLB that moved the all-star game to kiss the feet of the Democrats??????

I had to turn off the game on ESPN yesterday because they kept accusing Donaldson of racism.

I heard what he said, and his needling of Anderson was just what I'd expect in sports: get under the skin of the opponent.
Anderson knew how to respond in this millieu.....cry racism.

I'm disappointed in Boone and LaRussa.
I tend to agree. Is it possible that Donaldson had some other agenda? Yes. But his explanation seems reasonable. And I also agree with you that the ESPN recounting of the incident took sides and presumed guilt.

Some background to this story showing that the cry of racism is silly and false.

American Thinker

May 23, 2022

A new Black Sox Scandal?​

By Michael Widlanski

Excerpt:

The Chicago White Sox were once a great team that got involved in a scandal a century ago -- the so-called “BlackSox” betting scandal in which some Sox players were implicated in throwing games.

Because of the scandal, the World Series of 1919 became a black mark in history, and a great star, “Shoeless Joe” Jackson (who may not have been involved in the betting scandal) was tainted and thrown out of baseball. Now the White Sox are involved in another ugly scandal of their own making.

A hundred years later, the Sox, a team struggling with a much poorer record than their actual player roster would indicate, are accusing the team with the best record in baseball of racism.

LINK

I was really disappointed in Paul O'Neill, who came on the FAN radio show, but declined to talk about the situation.....

Happily, the hosts cancelled the interview.

I tend to agree. Is it possible that Donaldson had some other agenda? Yes. But his explanation seems reasonable. And I also agree with you that the ESPN recounting of the incident took sides and presumed guilt.

Seems LaRussa believes the word 'Jackie' is 'racist.'

America today......I never thought I'd see this.

Seems LaRussa believes the word 'Jackie' is 'racist.'

America today......I never thought I'd see this.
LaRussa is an old fart. And he probably finds it helpful to support his guy in a bogus cry of racism. I am saddened by the Yankees’ skipper apparently deciding to kow tow to the MLB brain trust’s “woke” response. I had more respect for Mr. Boone.

Frankly, it makes more sense to me to believe Donaldson’s version of the story.

LaRussa is an old fart. And he probably finds it helpful to support his guy in a bogus cry or racism. I am saddened by the Yankees’ skipper apparently deciding to kow tow to the MLB brain trust’s “woke” response. I had more respect for Mr. Boone.

Frankly, it makes more sense to me to believe Donaldson’s version of the story.

Yup.

I wonder if this is too political for Judge or Stanton.

If I were Judge, I’d pull Donaldson aside and have a true heart to heart. If Josh could convince me that his version is the truth, I’d speak up on behalf of my own teammate.

While I agree that there is no room in MLB for racist shit, there’s also no room in MLB for denying the accused a presumption of innocence. And Judge’s voice alone might set the scales right. I am not sure how Stanton might react. It would be great if the two of them joined forces to stand up for their teammate and in support of our belief that guilt isn’t supposed to be the default judgment.

If I were Judge, I’d pull Donaldson aside and have a true heart to heart. If Josh could convince me that his version is the truth, I’d speak up on behalf of my own teammate.

While I agree that there is no room in MLB for racist shit, there’s also no room in MLB for denying the accused a presumption of innocence. And Judge’s voice alone might set the scales right. I am not sure how Stanton might react. It would be great if the two of them joined forces to stand up for their teammate and in support of our belief that guilt isn’t supposed to be the default judgment.

I just don't know if that's possible for anyone these days......especially one who would like to remain in good standing with the black community.

This is what the Democrats have done to America.

I used to work in an office full of liberals and progressives — in a deep blue wasteland. I am quite a bit more circumspect and polite in the real world than I am on line. Nevertheless, I chose to be forthright about my political inclinations. As it turns out, liberals and progressives are highly judgmental and remarkably closed-minded when it come to any discussion about matters such as race. Therefore, from my own personal experience, I can vouch for the claim that it takes a certain degree of political “courage” to speak up in the face of a majority of the “woke.”

I can see how Judge might not wish to complicate his life. But I hope he chooses to be a voice for fairness. I’m not sure it will matter. I suspect that the brain trust in the MLB offices have already prejudged the Donaldson matter and that he is going to get sanctioned.

I used to work in an office full of liberals and progressives — in a deep blue wasteland. I am quite a bit more circumspect and polite in the real world than I am on line. Nevertheless, I chose to be forthright about my political inclinations. As it turns out, liberals and progressives are highly judgmental and remarkably closed-minded when it come to any discussion about matters such as race. Therefore, from my own personal experience, I can vouch for the claim that it takes a certain degree of political “courage” to speak up in the face of a majority of the “woke.”

I can see how Judge might not wish to complicate his life. But I hope he chooses to be a voice for fairness. I’m not sure it will matter. I suspect that the brain trust in the MLB offices have already prejudged the Donaldson matter and that he is going to get sanctioned.

Such is the state of affairs in America today.

I don't see a way back.

At time guys needle each other. At some point we have to get past this. That remark may have been a bit of sarcasm more than anything racist.

At time guys needle each other. At some point we have to get past this. That remark may have been a bit of sarcasm more than anything racist.

Get past it????

I want it to continue!!!!!

With increased intensity!!!!!!!!

Sports is an advanced society's version of warfare.....

Perhaps you've read Desmond Morris's....

1653330853474.png

LaRussa should be suspended for injecting this slander....'racism.'

Really glad to have the Yankees back, especially with my NYRangers down two games to the 'Canes....

Just now, LeMahieu celebrated today, his 10 year MLB anniversary, with a grand slam against the White Sox!!!!

About 800 players in all of baseball have made it to 10 years......the average is about 3 1/2 years.

Know how much time a player needs in the majors to qualify for life-time medical coverage???

One day.
My friend Doug Gladstone wrote a book you'd like "A Bitter Cup of Coffee" regarding that and the issue of pensions

Calling someone "Jackie Robinson" isn't a slur or an attack. I've often referred to Clarence Thomas as the "Jackie Robinson of the Supreme Court" without ill intent, and to HW Bush as the "Branch Rickey of the WH" because of their pioneer moves to break the color barrier at the Supreme Court.

Calling someone "Jackie Robinson" isn't a slur or an attack. I've often referred to Clarence Thomas as the "Jackie Robinson of the Supreme Court" without ill intent, and to HW Bush as the "Branch Rickey of the WH" because of their pioneer moves to break the color barrier at the Supreme Court.

The majority of calls into the WFAN agree with that.
At 3:00 I'm gonna catch Michael Kay...

A lawyer called in and said he'd take the case for free if Donaldson was suspended and wanted to sue MLB....he go for $200 million.

I never heard Anderson use the term 'racist,' just LaRussa.

Imagine, we've reached the point where they're talking of fining or suspending becasue someone was offended.

I'm pleased with Michael Kay's analysis just now on ESPN radio!

He put it in the sports context.....getting under an opposing player's skin....that's Donaldson.

What's great is that he's on the most racist network...ESPN.....which is always anti-white, pro-Democrat propaganda.

You might remember this...

Jemele Hill Is The Latest Example Of The Racial Dividing Line ...​

https://www.npr.org › 2017/09/17 › espn-flap-shows-peo...

Sep 17, 2017 — The ESPN host called the president a "white supremacist" and "bigot." ESPN has not suspended her; conservatives are calling it a double ...

Forum List

Back