XBox360

EB Games is doing pre-orders for $50. My dumb friend went for it. He's going to be $600 in on this thing before a decent game even comes out.

Dan said:
EB Games is doing pre-orders for $50. My dumb friend went for it. He's going to be $600 in on this thing before a decent game even comes out.

$600??? for a $400 console? That $50 gets applied towards the thing, right?

essplayn?

Well, yeah, but he's also planning on buying 3 extra controllers when it comes out, and you guys remember when the XBox first came out, Microsoft controllers were all you could get and they were $40 apiece? That's an extra $120 there, and then he's gotta buy at least one game, which they're saying will be between $60 and $65 apiece.

yep $59.99. Where do they justify the price increase? The console costs $100 more but why the games? Its not like it costs them anymore to make the damn things. It was the same thing when they went from $40 on the PSX, Saturn games up to $50 for PS2, DC, GC, XBox games. People just eat it up like they have endless supplies of money. And they wonder why piracy happens.

The console costs $100 more but why the games?

Very simple: because people will pay it.

I mean, does anybody honestly think that it's costing them more to make these 360 games than it did to make the original XBOX games? It's a shame, but there's not much we can do about it, other than waiting until the prices go down (that's exactly what I'm doing about it).

I am still pissed off as hell about the lack of a hard drive. I just want a frickn' hard drive. I hate messing with memory cards. I want to pop a game in the frickn' machine and pick up where I left off, not go through all those stupid cards trying to find which one has my saved game.

I don't need any wireless controllers, I don't need Live, and I don't need any fancy-schmancy headset. Just put a stupid HD in the thing. The fact that they obviously COULD, but DIDN'T so they could milk another $100 with the "full package" is what ticks me off.

theim said:
I am still pissed off as hell about the lack of a hard drive. I just want a frickn' hard drive. I hate messing with memory cards. I want to pop a game in the frickn' machine and pick up where I left off, not go through all those stupid cards trying to find which one has my saved game.

I don't need any wireless controllers, I don't need Live, and I don't need any fancy-schmancy headset. Just put a stupid HD in the thing. The fact that they obviously COULD, but DIDN'T so they could milk another $100 with the "full package" is what ticks me off.

Welcome to the video gaming industry. If you havent come to expect this by now, i assume you havent had a console for very long, lol. Of course they try to milk everything they can out of you. If anything, i think the $300 package is the rip off. They are using an inferior system to lure $300 out of unsuspecting holiday parent shoppers who are to ignorant to know the difference and therefore will shell out $300 because its less than $400.

I played a 360 today! Who wants to touch me?

They had a demo set up at my local Best Buy. I was also surprised to see that they had the games all out already, but with a note that said "not for sale until" whenever it comes out. That's just asking for shoplifters.

Anyway, I only played for a minute, I played Call of Duty 2 (I think. It was some sequel to a well-known army game, I know that). Unfortunately, I wasn't hugely impressed. The graphics are slightly better than the XBOX, especially close-up stuff (it was a 1st-person shooter, the gun and hand looked pretty amazing), but a boat that was far away from me looked crappy even by original XBOX standards.

I guess I was impressed, but not blown away. It wasn't anything where I said "woah, I have to have that NOW!" Then again, the last time I felt that way about a system was the Nintendo 64.

The last time i felt blown away by a new system was with the Dreamcast. Going from Playstation graphics up to DC graphics was unreal. I played NFL2k as my first game. After playing Madden 2000 to death on the PS1, it was astounding the difference graphics made there.

I dont know how much higher they can go right now with the graphics since everyone has been spoiled with the PS2, XBOX and GC.

seen an ad for a war game for the 360 yesterday i think. dont remember the name of it, something like brothers in arms? looked really good, but i think ill wait til the price comes down to someplace where we have them now. besides, halo3 will be the only game i play on it most likely.

So, did anyone get one?

Last I looked (yesterday around 6:00), 360s were going for $1600 on Ebay!!!!!

My friend who was supposed to get one didn't, but another one of my friends got one, he said Perfect Dark is awesome, way better than Halo 2.

My girlfriend's sister bought one of those assinine packages off an internet site for $1000. I told her she was a moron. She's thinking of selling it now on ebay though instead of giving it to her kids for xmas. So maybe she'll make a profit out of it. She might as well keep it now though.

Dan said:
So, did anyone get one?

Last I looked (yesterday around 6:00), 360s were going for $1600 on Ebay!!!!!

My friend who was supposed to get one didn't, but another one of my friends got one, he said Perfect Dark is awesome, way better than Halo 2.
hell i seen one retard on their with a starting bid of 2500.00! and you could buy it now for 7500! and as you would think there were no bids.
but i was going to post on this the other day. Jess and i were at wally world and they had one of them out playing games on it. looked sweet as hell! now i jsut have to figure out how to get one...hehehe
of course i would only get it for halo3 whenit comes out.

Forum List

Back