Wyoming has highest gun per capita rate...and below average murder rate, guns don't cause murder.

It's not just about density of population or guns, but the type of people. Wyoming's mostly all white. Few blacks, few muslims . Not racist, just facts of life here in America. I'm sure the diversity crowd will change all this if, heaven forbid, bill clinton's wife becomes president.

Wyoming's mostly white (as is Vermont) because neither has a history of either (1) slavery or (2) industrial expansion, which are the two factors that created significantly black populations. Two factors which, we might add, carry their own tensions with them when they arrive.

So trying to boil down to "what color people are" while completely ignoring the context that put them there is just dishonest at best and racist-baiting at worst.

It's so damned obvious it is painful to even have to point out, yet all the demofucks keep saying guns are the problem. One of the biggest lies of our generation

And yet --- not one of you asshats can actually link the evidence. Kinda elusive for a "biggest lie'" don't you think?

blacks have half the guns but murder at 5 times the rate, so now it is 'population density', what a load of shit

Check the crime rate -- irrespective of race --- for, say, Boston.(89 square miles, over 13,000 pop density, about 25% black). Now compare that with, say, Tate County Mississippi (404 square miles, 63 pop density, about 31% black).

You let us know how the crime rates compare.

Finally, learn to read. The poster is deliberately mischaracterizing what MY point is. I think I have a rough idea what my own point is before I write it down.

It's not just about density of population or guns, but the type of people. Wyoming's mostly all white. Few blacks, few muslims . Not racist, just facts of life here in America. I'm sure the diversity crowd will change all this if, heaven forbid, bill clinton's wife becomes president.

Wyoming's mostly white (as is Vermont) because neither has a history of either (1) slavery or (2) industrial expansion, which are the two factors that created significantly black populations. Two factors which, we might add, carry their own tensions with them when they arrive.

So trying to boil down to "what color people are" while completely ignoring the context that put them there is just dishonest at best and racist-baiting at worst.

I am not ignoring 'context' if anything I am saying that 'context' (i.e. race) is the problem, NOT the guns. Glad you agree with me, it ain't the fucking guns

It's so damned obvious it is painful to even have to point out, yet all the demofucks keep saying guns are the problem. One of the biggest lies of our generation

And yet --- not one of you asshats can actually link the evidence. Kinda elusive for a "biggest lie'" don't you think?

blacks have half the guns but murder at 5 times the rate, so now it is 'population density', what a load of shit

Check the crime rate -- irrespective of race --- for, say, Boston.(89 square miles, over 13,000 pop density, about 25% black). Now compare that with, say, Tate County Mississippi (404 square miles, 63 pop density, about 31% black).

I gave you links loser, read them if you care, but the data is clear enough

blacks cause more crime, congrats on figuring out what most of us knew long ago

I am not ignoring 'context' if anything I am saying that 'context' (i.e. race) is the problem, NOT the guns. Glad you agree with me, it ain't the fucking guns

I said that in my first post. First three words. Then I went on to state the obvious further -- that it's not the fucking guns, it's the fucking population density. Several other posters noted the same thing. It's not some kind of secret.

Little slow today?

I gave you links loser, read them if you care, but the data is clear enough

blacks cause more crime, congrats on figuring out what most of us knew long ago

Yuh huh. You gave me links for that comparison challenge BEFORE I posted it didya.

Isn't your planet special.

I said that in my first post. First three words. Then I went on to state the obvious further -- that it's not the fucking guns, it's the fucking population density. Several other posters noted the same thing. It's not some kind of secret.

Little slow today?

you have shown nothing, only loose statements, show it with data

I have shown a very strong correlation with race, let's see you do the same with population density

Actually, Vermont does have a history involving slavery since they were bound by the Constitution's Fugitive Slave Clause and the Fugitive Slave Acts of 1793 and 1850. While they may not have had slaves, and that's questionable up to a certain point, they were required to return any that fled to Vermont or allow slave owner to retrieve them.

My that limited history with slavery and industrial expansion into Wyoming that significantly reduced black populations is why Wyoming doesn't have a high per capita murder rate. The roughly 8200 that live there know they're outnumbered by a factor of 72:1 by those that own guns.

On the other side of the coin, Chicago has approximately 3 million people is 37% black. Look at the gun violence they have.

Nigeria: 500 ppl/square mile, gun ownership:1.5 guns per 100, murder rate:10.3 per 100000

Switzerland: 523 ppl/sq mile, gun ownership: 45.7guns per 100, murder rate:0.5 per 100,000

it isn't population density either, inverse relationship to guns, race is the only correlation

Nigeria Crime Facts & Stats
List of countries and territories by population density - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Estimated number of guns per capita by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, Vermont does have a history involving slavery since they were bound by the Constitution's Fugitive Slave Clause and the Fugitive Slave Acts of 1793 and 1850. While they may not have had slaves, and that's questionable up to a certain point, they were required to return any that fled to Vermont or allow slave owner to retrieve them.

Oh poster please. Your desperation here is pathetic. :lmao:
Vermont has never had slavery, period. Nor did it have the industrial expansion of WWI causing a massive migration as did Chicago. And Cleveland. And Detroit. And Indianapolis. And Pittsburgh. And St. Louis. Etc etc etc.

On the other side of the coin, Chicago has approximately 3 million people is 37% black. Look at the gun violence they have.

And look at the population density they have. .11,868.
Your black percentage, if accurate, is comparable to my Tate County Mississippi citation. Go ahead -- look it up. And while you do, thanks for making my point for me, although it was already made in post fucking two.

Vermont has never had slavery, period. Nor did it have the industrial expansion of WWI causing a massive migration as did Chicago. And Cleveland. And Detroit. And Indianapolis. And Pittsburgh. And St. Louis. Etc etc etc.

Your black percentage, if accurate, is comparable to my Tate County Mississippi citation. Go ahead -- look it up. And while you do, thanks for making my point for me, although it was already made in post fucking two.

I didn't say it had slavery. I said it has a history involving slavery and that is absolutely true.

My point is when you have a bunch of blacks, you have a bunch of crime. That should tell you something.

I didn't say it had slavery. I said it has a history involving slavery and that is absolutely true.

My point is when you have a bunch of blacks, you have a bunch of crime. That should tell you something.

No Hunior. You tried to pull in some lame association based on being part of the same country that had laws ABOUT slavery and tried to sell it as having slavery. You lose.

No Hunior. You tried to pull in some lame association based on being part of the same country that had laws ABOUT slavery and tried to sell it as having slavery. You lose.

I clearly stated that Vermont has a history involving slavery. Unless you can show where they were exempt from the Fugitive Slave Clause in the Constitution, that's true. I stated it like it is. If you're too stupid to grasp that, maybe it should be taught to you in a different manner.

I clearly stated that Vermont has a history involving slavery. Unless you can show where they were exempt from the Fugitive Slave Clause in the Constitution, that's true. I stated it like it is. If you're too stupid to grasp that, maybe it should be taught to you in a different manner.

Really, are you this dense? You actually believe that being part of a country that has a law about something ---- makes that state "involved" in it?

Are you fucking stupid?

Once again for you kid on the short bus --- Vermont has never had a history of slavery .... and that means "practiced within its borders".

Holy SHIT you're dense.

Really, are you this dense? You actually believe that being part of a country that has a law about something ---- makes that state "involved" in it?

Are you fucking stupid?

That's how the Constitution and federal laws work you stupid fucking piece of shit.

The recent pervert decision by the SCOTUS about faggots marrying is a prime example. Every state that is a part of the country is involved in the implementation of that decision. Are you willing to say that a state can refuse to apply it?

Waukesha, WI: murder rate 1.2 per 100,000 violent crime: 135 per 100,000 population density: 3309/sq mile, per capita income: $28.8K, blacks 2.8%
Fort Washington, MD: murder rate ( they won't say, I wonder why?) Violent crime: 436 per 100,000 population density: 1747/sq mi, per capita income: $45K blacks 38.6%

http://www.city-data.com/city/Waukesha-Wisconsin.html
Fort Washington, MD - 20744 - Real Estate Information
http://www.city-data.com/city/Fort-Washington-Maryland.html

why did I pick fort Washington? Because blacks brag about it

Living It Up: 10 Affluent Black Neighborhoods
Building Black Wealth: Even though buying a home has become riskier, these African-American communities are still going strong.

this also happened this year there:

Mother, toddler killed in shooting in Fort Washington Mother, toddler killed in shooting in Fort Washington

I picked Waukesha because it is right next to Milwaukee, a hub of violent crime

So let us summarize: a suburb that black folks hold up as a model has violent crime rate of over 4 times a white suburb like Waukesha. It has a population density half that of Waukesha. They also have double the per capita income in Fort Washington.

Conclusion: it is blacks, not population density, not guns, just blacks that cause high crime and murder

Are you fucking stupid?

Once again for you kid on the short bus --- Vermont has never had a history of slavery .... and that means "practiced within its borders".

Holy SHIT you're dense.

no you are dense, or density should I say.

you assertion is debunked about density

blacks can more money, more room, less guns, and they STILL murder more

Population of Balitmore..2013...... 622,104

344 homicides in 2015... 90% from guns....

Deadliest year in Baltimore history ends with 344 homicides

population of Vermont.....626,562
It pains me to disagree with you. It really does. It isn't just a matter of numbers. It's a matter of congestion. The people of Vermont just don't live on top of each other like they do in Baltimore.

Rats and humans form very similar social structures. When a rat colony gets too crowded, the rats stop cooperating. They start killing one another indiscriminately and they eat their babies.

That's Baltimore.

Sorry to disagree with you..that isn't the argument the gun grabbers make......they make the specific argument that more guns mean more gun crime...they state that if you have more guns.....that automatically means more people will shoot each other...

Also..they state that more gun laws will reduce gun murder rates....

Vermont has the least restrictive gun laws in the country.......

Baltimore has every single gun law that the anti gunners want?.they have assault weapon ban, magazine limits, waiting periods, gun registration, fingerprinting gun owners...every single law...and higher gun murder rates........

Guns are not the issue.....the ill to commit murder is the issue.....

Also...Chicago has 3 million people.

New York has 8 million people.

They both have the same extreme gun control...Chicago has a higher gun murder rate than New York.....

The same applies between Chicago and L.A.......

Access to guns does not create gun crime or murder...even in these cities with gun crime......the actual gun crime is isolated to very small areas of the city...it is not a city wide problem.....so even there he is wrong....

Criminal culture and the willingness to commit murder are the issue...not guns....

You're actually close here --- it's GUN culture, not "criminal culture". Criminals and criminal culture exist with or without guns.

But since you've brought up comparisons I am incited to quote one of my own. This is from a couple of years ago so the time references may be that old but the comparison applies....

I give you two cities, split by a river, kinda like Minneapolis and St. Paul are but this is a different pair of cities.

Obviously being next to each other, these cities have much in common regionally, climatically, industrially and so on. They are less than a mile apart, connected by a bridge and a tunnel. But the two cities show a stark difference in one area.

The city to the west recorded 377 total homicides in 2011 and 327 in 2010, according to police statistics(1), carrying a homicide rate of around 50 per 100,000 people
Across the bridge in the same time period, there was a total of one. For both years put together. A rate of 0.30. From September 27, 2009 to November 22, 2011 in that city, there were no murders at all. Zero.

What's going on here?

One of them is in Canada. The cities are Detroit and Windsor.

I haven't determined how many of those homicides were committed by firearm, but for a guide, out of 386 Detroit homicides in 2012, 333 were by firearm. Over 86%. (1)

And the one murder that finally broke the 2011 streak in Windsor? It was a stabbing.

People in his city of about 215,000 have a saying, Blaine said Friday afternoon: "In Windsor, when a 7-Eleven is held up, it usually is a knife. In Detroit, it is an Uzi."

It's not that there's no crime in Windsor, an industrial city that has seen its own economic challenges. "We're no different than any other major metropolitan area," Corey said. (here)

704 to 1 in homicide; several hundred to zero in gun deaths.
Detroit: at or near the highest murder rate in its country; Windsor: lowest in its country.
Less than a mile apart.

What's driving the difference? Gun control? Or gun culture?

Resources/further reading:
(1) 2012 Crime/Homicide Stats

(2) Freep.com 1/3/13

A Tale of Two Cities

Murder-Free Two Years

The fault lies not in our guns but in ourselves. To our values we are underlings.

Criminal culture, not gun culture......

So you believe there are no criminals without guns. Isn't that instructive.

Nope.....357,000,000 guns in the United States, almost all of them are used for legititmate purposes, self defense, competition, hunting, collecting.....a tiny number of them are used for crime..

The American gun culture is one of responsible ownership and law abiding people........

Criminal culture in the United States is excessively violent...our non gun murder rate is higher than the murder rate of other countries...it isn't the American gun culture responsible for that.......

Our criminal culture is different than that of other Countries criminal culture.....Europe, Japan....they all have access to guns, they use them for crime, they don't commit murder with them.

Waukesha, WI: murder rate 1.2 per 100,000 violent crime: 135 per 100,000 population density: 3309/sq mile, per capita income: $28.8K, blacks 2.8%
Fort Washington, MD: murder rate ( they won't say, I wonder why?) Violent crime: 436 per 100,000 population density: 1747/sq mi, per capita income: $45K blacks 38.6%

http://www.city-data.com/city/Waukesha-Wisconsin.html
Fort Washington, MD - 20744 - Real Estate Information
http://www.city-data.com/city/Fort-Washington-Maryland.html

why did I pick fort Washington? Because blacks brag about it

Building Black Wealth: Even though buying a home has become riskier, these African-American communities are still going strong.

this also happened this year there:

Mother, toddler killed in shooting in Fort Washington Mother, toddler killed in shooting in Fort Washington

I picked Waukesha because it is right next to Milwaukee, a hub of violent crime

So let us summarize: a suburb that black folks hold up as a model has violent crime rate of over 4 times a white suburb like Waukesha. It has a population density half that of Waukesha. They also have double the per capita income in Fort Washington.

Conclusion: it is blacks, not population density, not guns, just blacks that cause high crime and murder

Actually, it is the high rate of single teenage mothers, for generations, that has created a culture of crime and murder....and accepts criminality as the norm. You have a higher population density in Japan.......and their criminals get guns.....but, all of their crime is extremely low....because their people do not tolerate it...as a group...they do not glorify it or excuse it or protect it the way our inner city minorities do.....

Forum List

Back