WTF? (planetary 1-child law)

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by proletarian, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ☭proletarian☭

☭proletarian☭ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    So Laura just mentioned this and this is the first thing Google gave me

Canada’s National Newspaper calls for Worldwide One Child Policy
    WTF?!

The whole point of preserving the planet is so humans can continue to enjoy it, yes? Is not prescribing the forced reduction of the human population counter-intuitive? Is not the right to reproduce among the most fundamental of all rights? What if a woman ends up pregnant? Will they equire her by law to have an abortion and use physical force if she refuses? What the hell is going on in these peoples' minds?

Earth has enough resources to support the current population (and more) if the problem of distribution is overcome, and populations are self-regulatory in that no population will remain above the level that can be supported by available resources (aid counting as available resources)- leaving their arguments empty anyway.

Someone explain this to me; I just don't get it.

2. eagleseven

eagleseven Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    You've hit upon the fundamental problem of paternal autocracy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5STG8FYB94"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5STG8FYB94[/ame]

3. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Ya, well, fuck them!
    Caucasians are already at a low birthrate of 1.1 to 1.85 depending on the stats you choose to use. Compare that to 3.17 to 3.83 of other races.

Ironic as well that the articles author promoting a limit of 1 child, is a mother of 2. Fuckin' liberals very seldom live what they preach.

4. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,885
    Sounds like we could benefit from these people firmly placing condoms around their necks.

5. Neotrotsky

Neotrotsky Council to Supreme Soviet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,350

One does have to wonder how the welfare class of the Democratic party would respond to this idea

6. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    I got no response on a thread on this subject posted yesterday, I guess there isn't much interest yet.

7. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    most respectable people only have 1 or 2 kids anyway. this will help curb the overtaking of the world by ignorant poor people who cant keep their dick out of every girl they come across. I have been for sterilization of people unfit to raise kids for a long time.

8. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,688
    Ed from the Ed show on MSNBC was interviewing a guy for his show the other night where they were at
    some clinic. The theme of the show was Health Care and how this country sucks when it comes to taking care of peoples health care needs.The person who was being interviewed was complaining about the fact that he and the wife just had a baby and they don't have health care because they just can't afford it.

Let me see if I have this right. It's OK with everyone here that this couple can't afford health care but they had a baby? I'm sure that either the husband or the wife had some kind of coverage when they had the baby. If couples want to crank out the kids one after the other why do I have to subsidize that
    with my costs going up.Why should a company have to pick up the costs for their employees that want to have kids. Should the company be responsible for that?

You want to have kids,you should be able to provide for your family.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    Sterilization won't ever happen in the United States, but what SHOULD happen is to limit the number of children voluntarily brought into the world just so a person can increase welfare payments, which contributes to the ugly cycle of inner-city poverty, drug use and crime as those children are left to their own devices as soon as they're old enough to carry on a conversation.

As for sterilization in third world countries, I also don't see that happening. The reason men in some of the poorest and uneducated regions of Africa don't wear condoms is because of ancient religious or cultural beliefs. Women in those places might be more acceptable because they're the ones who literally bear the entire burden of raising the children, but not the men. And you're not going to change that for milleniums to come. And don't forget that sterilization won't stop the spread of AIDS either.

10. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    And here we go. Assuming that every situation is exactly like the one you describe. What's the saying? Oh yeaH, EPIC FAIL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.