WTF? (planetary 1-child law)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I Meant Was You People Should Only Have One Child - Jim Geraghty on National Review Online

:rofl:

gotta love a good hypocrite.

"I left the business to stay at home with our two babies, Eric and Julie, for six years"

Diane Francis' Life

:rofl:
Your first link just took me to a dead end with a bing popup. I couldn't view the article.

see if you can find a kid to help you.

i didn't have a problem.
Maybe you are subscriber. Thanks for nothing.

I have considered being in favor of a policy that would allow the government to remove from the home children born after the limit was reached. The government could then place those infants in the homes of childless couple who qualified as adoptive parents. I think that knowing you will not be able to keep your excess children and even receive a fine could be a deterent to some of those who have no regard for the future.

when did you become a fascist?
Ever since I had a beer with your pal, Officer Crowley.

Nothing fascist about my tentative approval of such a policy. It's a drastic measure for sure but we are approaching times when drastic measures may be all we have left. People do not own their offspring, they are granted the priviledge of raising them if they are competent and responsible enough to do so.

As I said have considered being in favor of such a policy. If you know of reasons why I should not, I'd be glad to hear them.
Calling me a fascist just lowers you to the level to which xenofraud has stooped.

aww, touched a nerve.
do you get upset when people call round, shiny red fruits *apples*?
how about if the govt euthanizes childless people over the age of 40?
much less disruptive of families with the same end result.
plus we could then redistribute their accumulated wealth to other, more deserving poor people.

and, it's still fascism-a win-win for the govt knows best group

:thup:

Nothing fascist about my tentative approval of such a policy. It's a drastic measure for sure but we are approaching times when drastic measures may be all we have left. People do not own their offspring, they are granted the priviledge of raising them if they are competent and responsible enough to do so.

As I said have considered being in favor of such a policy. If you know of reasons why I should not, I'd be glad to hear them.
Calling me a fascist just lowers you to the level to which xenofraud has stooped.

aww, touched a nerve.
plus we could then redistribute their accumulated wealth to other, more deserving poor people.

More like I touched a nerve with you.

:cuckoo:

What does your rant about euthanizing childless couples have to do with the question of how to ethically reduce overpopulation by lowering the birthrate?

I guess you were unable to answer my question so you threw out a strawman.

doofus! :lol:

aww, touched a nerve.

What does your rant about euthanizing childless couples have to do with the question of how to ethically reduce overpopulation by lowering the birthrate?

no strawman. what use to childless people serve?

they don't help to improve the gene pool, which is the reason for human life.

if the goal is population reduction, why should euthanasia not be considered?

aww, touched a nerve.

"Welcome to Carousel"
carousel.jpg

If we cannot find a way to replace non-renewable resources with renewable forms, we're toast. We have to stop developing farmland into suburbs or highrise apartments. If we don't limit population, nature will do it for us.

aww, touched a nerve.

Childless people are to be applauded. They sacrifice the desire to have children and to create a safety net for themselves in their old age for the cause of saving the planet from over population.The reason for human life, if there really is any, is much more than improving the gene pool.

Euthanasia should be considered, but only if the person in question has requested it themselves.
So back to proving that I am a facist because I believe we need to stop encouraging people to have too many kids. What you got?

Childless people are to be applauded. They sacrifice the desire to have children and to create a safety net for themselves in their old age for the cause of saving the planet from over population.The reason for human life, if there really is any, is much more than improving the gene pool.

Euthanasia should be considered, but only if the person in question has requested it themselves.
So back to proving that I am a facist because I believe we need to stop encouraging people to have too many kids. What you got?

childless people are too selfish to sacrifice their own comfort for the overall good of the species, therefore they should be euthanized.

seems pretty simple to me.

If we cannot find a way to replace non-renewable resources with renewable forms, we're toast. We have to stop developing farmland into suburbs or highrise apartments. If we don't limit population, nature will do it for us.
Agreed, what are your thoughts on how to limit population?

Good point. And I think we see that all the time, with major earthquakes, floods, famine, etc., that Mother Nature wipes out everything in the path of destruction with one fell swoop. Too bad that it has to hurt so bad, though. Just like God, Mother Nature doesn't consider pain as a factor in regulating life.

childless people are too selfish to sacrifice their own comfort for the overall good of the species, therefore they should be euthanized.

I should have known better than to expect an intelligent response from you.

consistency is one of my more admirable qualities.

Good point. And I think we see that all the time, with major earthquakes, floods, famine, etc., that Mother Nature wipes out everything in the path of destruction with one fell swoop. Too bad that it has to hurt so bad, though. Just like God, Mother Nature doesn't consider pain as a factor in regulating life.
Mother Nature may just decide to wipe us out completely if we don't try to prevent it now. Limiting the population to what this earth can reasonably sustain is imperative to our and our children's survival.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anguille again
:eusa_whistle:

☭proletarian☭;1801019 said:
So Laura just mentioned this and this is the first thing Google gave me

A planetary law, such as China’s one-child policy, is the only way to reverse the disastrous global birthrate currently, which is one million births every four days.

One does have to wonder how the welfare class of the Democratic party would respond to this idea

The welfare class will not like this one bit because they are paid by the democrats to have as many kids as possible,the Dems will reward them with more benefits in return for votes.

hmmmm?

are we not operating under the law, NEWT GINGRICH welfare reform rules? what the heck are you babbling about?

In the USA, we need to change tax and entitlement laws. As long as we reward people for having children.... If everyone knew that they were responsible for all the costs of providing for themselves and their children, they would be more conservative.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anguille again
:eusa_whistle:
Don't you dare try to placate me with rep*!! :eusa_hand:

(I assume you intended pos rep)

You called me a fascist, you Defender of the Cambridge Police State!! :tongue:

*Chocolate and flowers might do the trick though.

In the USA, we need to change tax and entitlement laws. As long as we reward people for having children.... If everyone knew that they were responsible for all the costs of providing for themselves and their children, they would be more conservative.
True. The difficulty lies in how to sanction the parents without harming the children. No child should have to go without decent housing because their parent cannot afford it but if a parent isn't going to be able to buy a trophy home because he will need the spend the money on the kid, nothing wronf with that.

It's very complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back