WTF. Our marines were NOT allowed Live AMMO at the embassy and now people are dead

We still don't know WHO was guarding the Libyan Embassy for us! All we know is we have a dead Ambassador and three others!!

Apparently Marines aren't allowed live rounds in Cairo, is this the Obama Embassy Defense Doctrine for the entire ME?
Gee, Frances, why don't you go over to Egypt and tell all the idiots that the marines don't have live ammo?

why don't they have live ammo?
I bet they do. I realize that the marine guard serves under the authority of the ranking embassy person but I don't think that supervision includes the authority to tell the marines what ammo they may use.

But go on with your hysteria and hatred of America.

If this 'no live rounds' thing is true.. and policy at other embassies... the end blame should go to the President, regardless of who instituted the policy... and regardless of what letter they have after their name. If that turns out to be the case, this seriously affects Obama's re-election chances.

and any chance Hilary ever had of being President has evaporated too.

The President takes an oath to defend the Constitution, not to defend people.

The President is supposed to protect the CITIZENS of the UNITED states. HE FAILED..

So did GDub but it didn't keep him from getting re-elected.
9/11 was in the works Way before Bush was in office but he gets blamed for the whole thing.. The economy was bad before Obama was in office and Bush gets blamed for the whole thing even though we are almost 4 years in .. You guys blame OBAMA for nothing...

Gee, Frances, why don't you go over to Egypt and tell all the idiots that the marines don't have live ammo?

I bet they do. I realize that the marine guard serves under the authority of the ranking embassy person but I don't think that supervision includes the authority to tell the marines what ammo they may use.

yes, right sister,, I'm betting they didn't. There are no dead terrorists lying about.

So, the Marines blogging about it are liars?

I tell you what. You find this marine blog that states that marines serving at that embassy don't have ammo and I'll answer your question.

I tell you what. You find this marine blog that states that marines serving at that embassy don't have ammo and I'll answer your question.

read the OP, dipshit.

25 Years Later, America Fails Lessons of Beirut Marine Barracks Bombing

It was a tragic event in U.S. and Marine Corps history. But even more tragic is that 25 years later, America hasn’t learned any of the lessons loudly broadcast in that and related episodes for Americans in Lebanon and in other interactions with Muslims around the world bent on our destruction.
The most basic of lessons should have been learned before President Reagan sent the Marines on this failed mission: No good deed goes unpunished. Even more basic: Why do a good deed for barbarians? We shouldn’t have been there. We should have let Israel and the Maronites finish the clean-up job they began, and things would have been different in Lebanon and the Mid-East today . . . for the better.
Instead, we sent our Marines there, and made them sitting duck targets, ordering them to sit with unloaded rifles and a weak barbed wire perimeter, lest we offend the Muslims. Our Marines were ordered to keep ammunition in their belts, not their guns.

We have to remember this video has been around since last spring and now, on Sept. 11th, the Muslims become irate. Does that not seem peculiar? The protests have spread throughoput the Middle East and our grand leader is still MIA.

After saying yesterday, Egypt is not our ally, he is now walking that back....something about "ally is an art???"

Last edited:
I can't say I'm surprised as you've shown yourself to be unintelligent.

IF this is true, and it's looking like it is, then Obama needs to resign, today.
Well his advisers should tell him to, but Obama doesn't hire people to make hard calls. He hires them to feed his oversized ego. He can't handle the truth, which is why he is a weak man and cannot change the downhill spiral staircase he picked when he picked yes-men and yes-women to be his confidantes. He doesn't want advice. He wants to dictate good or bad orders and have his yes-men salute him.

according to a blog? wtf?

Time Magazine is reporting it.

What

"Senior U.S. officials decline to discuss it, but it’s clear there were no U.S. Marines protecting U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and his beleaguered staff at the Benghazi consulate Tuesday night. Marines are routinely posted to U.S. diplomatic outposts around the world, but the “interim” facility in Benghazi apparently was defended only by a handful of U.S. security officers and local hires. The Marines have let it be known that the two unidentified U.S. officials who died at Benghazi were not Marines.

As any Marine’ll tell you, if there had been Marines at Benghazi, they’d be among those killed."

Read more: What

That's what I thought too.

The Mexican gang Holder armed had more firepower than the people guarding our Embassies.

where's doo dad today? oh that's right,, he's in Colorado campaigning.. I bet his guards have real bullets.

25 Years Later, America Fails Lessons of Beirut Marine Barracks Bombing

It was a tragic event in U.S. and Marine Corps history. But even more tragic is that 25 years later, America hasn’t learned any of the lessons loudly broadcast in that and related episodes for Americans in Lebanon and in other interactions with Muslims around the world bent on our destruction.
The most basic of lessons should have been learned before President Reagan sent the Marines on this failed mission: No good deed goes unpunished. Even more basic: Why do a good deed for barbarians? We shouldn’t have been there. We should have let Israel and the Maronites finish the clean-up job they began, and things would have been different in Lebanon and the Mid-East today . . . for the better.
Instead, we sent our Marines there, and made them sitting duck targets, ordering them to sit with unloaded rifles and a weak barbed wire perimeter, lest we offend the Muslims. Our Marines were ordered to keep ammunition in their belts, not their guns.

You'd think Obama would have learned from that, no?

You'd love to turn someone in to attack watch wouldn't you Toke Rose.

One might have thought that someone would have learned from it. However, indications are that the people with the ambassador were firing back at the attackers. But were in no way armed for this kind of attack.

Forum List

Back