WSJ readers on prop 19 93% yes

I think the last official poll I saw the pro-prop 19 vote was just over 50%.

Of course the Obama Czars have been attacking the legislation saying that it will "increase violence" and trying to say that the FACT that prop 19 will save California millions upon millions is a "lie".

Let the fear-mongering begin.

Of course the Obama Czars have been attacking the legislation saying that it will "increase violence" and trying to say that the FACT that prop 19 will save California millions upon millions is a "lie".

Yep. And Holder said they're going to enforce the Federal law. The reason I think the millions in tax revenue is a lie--in better words: it won't become a full truth--is because the Feds will file an injunction against any county or city that tries to collect the tax revenue from marijuana sales.

The Feds won't enforce their law at the lower level, so people can grow and smoke their own few plants without a hassle. But the Feds would go after the large growers and distributors and retailers. If the retailer collects the tax and passes it on to the state, it's admitting to committing a Federal offense--and it leaves a paper trail. That's my understanding of it at least.

• Banned
we'll see, they are already collecting millions from medical MJ in Oakland alone.
I say besides the fact that Obama is a pussy, holder is blowing smoke. If that were thier goal why did they allow the expansion of medical MJ?

Obama's position on marijuana is and has been my main complaint against him and it demonstrated early on that he is receptive to corporate influence.

Federal judge Robert W. Sweet, a member of NORML and LEAP, stated long ago that, "Americans will know they have an honest president when he (or she) promotes the legalization of marijuana."

• Banned
Obama's position on marijuana is and has been my main complaint against him and it demonstrated early on that he is receptive to corporate influence.

Federal judge Robert W. Sweet, a member of NORML and LEAP, stated long ago that, "Americans will know they have an honest president when he (or she) promotes the legalization of marijuana."

I totally agree, many thought we were getting a non cookie cutter politician. Now we see he's beholden to the same corp daddy's. No end to the wars in the middle east or the war on drugs.

we'll see, they are already collecting millions from medical MJ in Oakland alone.
I say besides the fact that Obama is a pussy, holder is blowing smoke. If that were thier goal why did they allow the expansion of medical MJ?

I have no idea. Holder said they weren't going to raid medical mary jane facilities, even though those are also a violation of Federal law.

It blows my mind that this "war" is still going on--that Obama actually increased funding to the DEA--even though all the logic and evidence goes against it. Such a waste of money.

Because opposition to marijuana as medicine would present a negative (cruel) impression, whereas blocking legalization of marijuana as a recreational drug is readily justifiable.

Also, the availability of marijuana via prescription and bureaucratic control will restrict distribution to a level which is less than one percent of that which would occur if it were as legally available as alcohol or tobacco, so the level of "medical" distribution is tolerable to the corporations that lobby to prevent legalization. They will just apply pressure on their political puppets, such as Obama, to make it as difficult as possible to obtain medical authorization and supply, which is exactly what is taking place in New Jersey now under Governor Christy -- whom the people of New Jersey are yet to learn is a latent fascist.

Last edited:

Yep. And Holder said they're going to enforce the Federal law. The reason I think the millions in tax revenue is a lie--in better words: it won't become a full truth--is because the Feds will file an injunction against any county or city that tries to collect the tax revenue from marijuana sales.

The Feds won't enforce their law at the lower level, so people can grow and smoke their own few plants without a hassle. But the Feds would go after the large growers and distributors and retailers. If the retailer collects the tax and passes it on to the state, it's admitting to committing a Federal offense--and it leaves a paper trail. That's my understanding of it at least.

It won't become a full truth, that is granted. However the money saved from local and state law enforcement no longer furthering the fed's failed and useless drug policies could be substantial in and of itself. Being smart can make us alot of money in this situation, but just not being dumb can still save us money as well.

I have no idea. Holder said they weren't going to raid medical mary jane facilities, even though those are also a violation of Federal law.

It blows my mind that this "war" is still going on--that Obama actually increased funding to the DEA--even though all the logic and evidence goes against it. Such a waste of money.
You want to see an increase (of the import) of Heroin?? :eusa_eh:

I haven't read the proposition, but is it one of those weirdly worded ones where a vote for is actually a vote against? California is famous for that, as I recall from my earlier days of residency in the state.

Ironically, George Soros, who has claimed he wouldn't donate any campaign money has given $1 million to get the bill passed, so I'm assuming he's for legalizing marijuana. No?

Someday, it will probaby be packaged up by Monsanto and sold in the produce aisle along with bagged spinnach and all the independent growers will be put out of business.

Last edited:
Gotta love the hypocrisy of Californians... cigarettes bad.... pot good. Would seem to me that smoke is smoke.

WTF?

Last edited:
"One thing seems clear, though, if the measure is adopted: A quasi-black market will be replaced by a much more legal one, and prices for pot are likely to go down. It's impossible to know by how much, but a 2010 Rand study called "Altered State? Assessing How Marijuana Legalization in California Could Influence Marijuana Consumption and Public Budgets" estimates that retail prices could eventually drop by 80 percent. First, suggests Jonathan Caulkins, a public policy professor at Carnegie Mellon University and a co-author of the Rand study, there would be a "honeymoon" period of several years when production would ramp up as California product began to push out inferior Mexican pot across the country. Once that happens, you could have "a real change in industry structure," according to Caulkins. Growers would have to professionalize their operations and become even more industrial-scale to squeeze out smaller margins of profit. In such an environment, people probably won't make the $150,000 or so Jason says he clears every year, and "mom and pop" farmers will be wiped out. Jason is planning ahead. "You wanna go up top and walk through them fields of glory?" he asks. "If you can grow twice as much, you'll make the same amount of money, even if the price is half."

710.gif

Do any doctors prescribe cigs?

No, but a lot of them smoke. I once had a temporary gig at a hospital, and during break you had to go outside to smoke. The white coats outnumbered the business attire 3-1.

Forum List

Back