WSJ readers on prop 19 93% yes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by topspin, Oct 19, 2010.

1. topspin

topspin BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +196
  2. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    I think the last official poll I saw the pro-prop 19 vote was just over 50%.

Of course the Obama Czars have been attacking the legislation saying that it will "increase violence" and trying to say that the FACT that prop 19 will save California millions upon millions is a "lie".

Let the fear-mongering begin.

3. Sheldon

Sheldon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,330
    Yep. And Holder said they're going to enforce the Federal law. The reason I think the millions in tax revenue is a lie--in better words: it won't become a full truth--is because the Feds will file an injunction against any county or city that tries to collect the tax revenue from marijuana sales.

The Feds won't enforce their law at the lower level, so people can grow and smoke their own few plants without a hassle. But the Feds would go after the large growers and distributors and retailers. If the retailer collects the tax and passes it on to the state, it's admitting to committing a Federal offense--and it leaves a paper trail. That's my understanding of it at least.

4. topspin

topspin BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +196
    we'll see, they are already collecting millions from medical MJ in Oakland alone.
    I say besides the fact that Obama is a pussy, holder is blowing smoke. If that were thier goal why did they allow the expansion of medical MJ?

5. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,723
    Obama's position on marijuana is and has been my main complaint against him and it demonstrated early on that he is receptive to corporate influence.

Federal judge Robert W. Sweet, a member of NORML and LEAP, stated long ago that, "Americans will know they have an honest president when he (or she) promotes the legalization of marijuana."

6. topspin

topspin BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +196
    I totally agree, many thought we were getting a non cookie cutter politician. Now we see he's beholden to the same corp daddy's. No end to the wars in the middle east or the war on drugs.

7. Sheldon

Sheldon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,330
    I have no idea. Holder said they weren't going to raid medical mary jane facilities, even though those are also a violation of Federal law.

It blows my mind that this "war" is still going on--that Obama actually increased funding to the DEA--even though all the logic and evidence goes against it. Such a waste of money.

8. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,723
    Because opposition to marijuana as medicine would present a negative (cruel) impression, whereas blocking legalization of marijuana as a recreational drug is readily justifiable.

Also, the availability of marijuana via prescription and bureaucratic control will restrict distribution to a level which is less than one percent of that which would occur if it were as legally available as alcohol or tobacco, so the level of "medical" distribution is tolerable to the corporations that lobby to prevent legalization. They will just apply pressure on their political puppets, such as Obama, to make it as difficult as possible to obtain medical authorization and supply, which is exactly what is taking place in New Jersey now under Governor Christy -- whom the people of New Jersey are yet to learn is a latent fascist.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  9. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    It won't become a full truth, that is granted. However the money saved from local and state law enforcement no longer furthering the fed's failed and useless drug policies could be substantial in and of itself. Being smart can make us alot of money in this situation, but just not being dumb can still save us money as well.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    Bullshit.

Show me where they said that.

:rolleyes: