WSJ readers on prop 19 93% yes

we'll see, they are already collecting millions from medical MJ in Oakland alone.
I say besides the fact that Obama is a pussy, holder is blowing smoke. If that were thier goal why did they allow the expansion of medical MJ?

I have no idea. Holder said they weren't going to raid medical mary jane facilities, even though those are also a violation of Federal law.

It blows my mind that this "war" is still going on--that Obama actually increased funding to the DEA--even though all the logic and evidence goes against it. Such a waste of money.
You want to see an increase (of the import) of Heroin?? :eusa_eh:
Do you actually believe the DEA has ever effected the slightest reduction in the availability of heroin in the U.S.? Heroin is and always has been readily available to anyone anywhere in the USA who has the money to pay for it. The DEA is and always has been a total waste of tax money and if you'll research the increase of recreational drug use in America you'll find that it has occurred in direct proportion to the rise in DEA activity.

Narcs are the scumbags of law enforcement and the DEA represents the highest scumbag level of them all. If you want to learn more about that agency, pick up a book called, Deep Cover, by former DEA agent, Michael Levine. It's an eye-opener and is likely to piss you off to know how your tax money is wasted supporting this bunch of exalted jerkoffs.

Obama's increase in the funding of this utterly counterproductive agency clearly reveals him to be a phony who does not deserve a second term.

Gotta love the hypocrisy of Californians... cigarettes bad.... pot good. Would seem to me that smoke is smoke.

WTF?
Your assumption that "smoke is smoke" is as wrong as two left feet.

The average cigarette contains a number of extremely harmful substances which enhance their taste, their nicotine delivery and their addictive properties. Also, if you look closely at a cigarette you will see a series of faint rings running its length. These are rings of potassium nitrate, which is a volatile chemical. The purpose of those rings is to keep the cigarette burning. Burning potassium nitrate is highly carcinogenic.

A joint rolled from cleanly grown marijuana in ordinary, non-treated rolling paper contains none of the toxins found in any tobacco cigarette.

Don't be seduced by the Reefer Madness nonsense that's being fed to you by corporate interests. Smoking ordinary cigarettes is 100% more medically harmful than is smoking marijuana.

Last edited:

I just looked at the polls, and it seems MJ lags by about 5%. It is a dead heat. I support 19, and don't use it, but feel it should be legalized. But many non-using people are the kind that unless it has some direct benefit for themselves they won't help the MJ crowd.

So, you users need to show them some benefit they will personally gain through legalizing it. CA's govenor, Conade the destroyer Arnie just signed a bill to drop being caught with MJ to a $100 MJ fine, not a misdemeaner jail sentence. That is a start towards saying, hey this stuff might not be bad for you.

Gotta love the hypocrisy of Californians... cigarettes bad.... pot good. Would seem to me that smoke is smoke.

WTF?

The average cigarette contains a number of extremely harmful substances which enhance their taste, their nicotine delivery and their addictive properties. Also, if you look closely at a cigarette you will see a series of faint rings running its length. These are rings of potassium nitrate, which is a volatile chemical. The purpose of those rings is to keep the cigarette burning. Burning potassium nitrate is highly carcinogenic.

A joint rolled from cleanly grown marijuana in ordinary, non-treated rolling paper contains none of the toxins found in any tobacco cigarette.

Don't be seduced by the Reefer Madness nonsense that's being fed to you by corporate interests. Smoking ordinary cigarettes is 100% more medically harmful than is smoking marijuana.

Inhaling any smoke in your lungs is harmful and causes unrepairable damage to the lungs. But we shouldn't be concerned with all the other particulates we breath in our daily routine, according to the rightys, so what is a lil MJ smoke. If you are really worried, I think the Bong scrubs the smoke for the user. I maybe wrong.:eusa_angel:

I just looked at the polls, and it seems MJ lags by about 5%. It is a dead heat. I support 19, and don't use it, but feel it should be legalized. But many non-using people are the kind that unless it has some direct benefit for themselves they won't help the MJ crowd.

So, you users need to show them some benefit they will personally gain through legalizing it. CA's govenor, Conade the destroyer Arnie just signed a bill to drop being caught with MJ to a $100 MJ fine, not a misdemeaner jail sentence. That is a start towards saying, hey this stuff might not be bad for you.
I've never expected Prop. 19 to pass and I'm prepared for major disappointment on Tuesday because I also expect the Republicans to take the House and Senate. That's how much faith I have in the common sense of the American voting public.

Apologies for the pessimistic tone but re: Schwarzeneggar's bill, marijuana was decriminalized in New York City throughout the 60s and 70s. Possession of up to 55 grams (two ounces) was a summons offense, punishable by a $25 fine. The only thing the cops paid any attention to was DUI, distribution to minors, public sale and brazen public use. People grew it in their back yards and on apartment terraces, there were head shops all over the place and the going price for an ounce of primo weed was around $50.

There were no problems associated with the liberal marijuana policy in NYC. None. But when the corporatist bastard, Ronald Reagan, came to power it all changed. Federal money poured into drug law enforcement and the prisons quickly filled with otherwise law-abiding, decent citizens for nothing more than petty marijuana offenses.

And President "change" has just increased funding for the DEA, which will negate Prop. 19 even if it does pass.

"A conversation about California’s Prop 19, which would legalize marijuana in the state, took an interesting turn on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher Friday night when guest Zach Galifianakis lit up a joint.

1197086068917675051egore_Thumb_Up_.svg.med.png

92.gif
92.gif
92.gif

I'm holding out hope, the robo pollls still show a double digit lead. Some folks are comfortable telling other people they are pro cannabis.

WTF?

I hope your presumption isn't that just because the ingestion of a plant, without additives, isn't harmful. There are hundreds of plants that are fatal if eaten. With marijuana, of course, you also have to consider that it's mind-altering and people who think they're fine to drive take the risk that the vehicle then becomes the deadly weapon. My limited exposure to weed is that most people who love it also love alcohol--side by side. A potential double-whammy.

vaporizing is the future of cannabis consumption.

It probably soon won't matter what or how people are ingesting their high. Too many are already talking/writing/acting as though they're loaded half the time anyway.

no shortage of reefer madness from the poor people, we need more in the investor class who know the fear mongering is bullshit personified.

Damned near every person I went to B school with smoked.

They're now the captains of industry reaching the highest positions they're likely to attain.

They know that the horror stories some of us believe about marijuana are a load of malarky.

They don't CARE if people smoke pot.

Why should they?

Most of them, I do not doubt gave it up, but in the right circumstances most of them would take a toke, too.

Last edited:
It's time to legalize all drugs. period.

I don't give a rat's ass if someone wants to smoke, shoot, or snort in the privacy of their own homes. It's their choice.

Damned near every person I went to B school with smoked.

They're now the captains of industry reaching the highest positions they're likely to attain.

They know that the horror stories some of us believe about marijuana are a load of malarky.

They don't CARE if people smoke pot.

Why should they?

Most of them, I do not doubt gave it up, but in the right circumstances most of them would take a toke, too.

I can say the exact same thing. Black, white, latino, and asian just about everybody I knew in High School did marijuana or knew somebody that did smoke regularly, as did I. I'm wondering who the hell are these people that are going to vote against prop 19? Do they live in a bubble or a cave somewhere? Why on Earth would you vote AGAINST peoples rights to do what they want on their own property?

I just don't understand this, at all.

reefer madness is alive and well. In Sept the booze lobby, Feds went into full spin mode on the lies of how bad pot is. Telling people 19 would allow them to work stoned and feds would crack down hard if passed. Facist control folks, having democrats sadly doesn't decrease facism or wars for profit.

Forum List

Back