Wrong Color for Medal of Honor

Medal of Honor is being given to KIA's all the way back to the Korean (not)War.

Its about time.

`

Shame on your for making this about race when, IN FACT, the Medal of Honor ceremony we're watching right now honors those who did not get the medal they DESERVED because of their color. These deaths go back to Vietnam era and have been ignored for far too long.

BTW, this is not being carried of fox.
CNN is showing it, as is MSNBC but, as usual, not fox.

`

You're the one "making it about color" yapping about "deserved"...you've never served and have no business being in this thread. The reason Fox isn't carrying it is because it's a POLITICAL EVENT and has nothing to do with those chosen other than not being caucasion. And BTW, you don't have to be KIA to get the CMOH...3 of those he's using to look like he gives a flying fuck about the Armed Forces are still above ground.

It was on fox. I changed the channel when I could not stand seeing our highest honor debased by obama a second longer.

I have reservations about awarding individual medals and awards for actions in wars. Unit citations and other non-individualized awards are one thing, but holding an individual up for special praise and recognition bugs me. No one goes to war alone, nor is anyone's actions under fire a result of just them alone. Without everyone else on your team you'd have been picked off the first time you stood up. Saying one person in particular did something remarkable ignores everyone else in that incident.

I have reservations about awarding individual medals and awards for actions in wars. Unit citations and other non-individualized awards are one thing, but holding an individual up for special praise and recognition bugs me. No one goes to war alone, nor is anyone's actions under fire a result of just them alone. Without everyone else on your team you'd have been picked off the first time you stood up. Saying one person in particular did something remarkable ignores everyone else in that incident.
Ah, an extension of the left wing You-Didn't-Build-It mantra.

Vive la France!...
:eusa_clap:
France bestows Legion of Honor on 14 US vets for WWII efforts
March 28, 2014 WASHINGTON — They were willing to fight and risk death in France’s time of need, and this week in Washington, a grateful ally gave thanks.
Thirteen U.S. veterans of the Second World War pinned on the Legion of Honor, France’s highest decoration, in a ceremony at the French Embassy. Relatives of a 14th veteran who died days before the ceremony received the award in his name. “In the darkest hours of our history, if you had not been by our side, France would not have been liberated,” Olivier Sérot-Alméras, French consul general in Washington, told the men. “We know, and we will always remember what the price was — 60,000 American soldiers were laid to rest on French soil.” France has long given the Legion of Honor to U.S. veterans who made particular contributions to freeing the country from German occupation, but there is a special resonance to the ceremonies this year.

With the 70th anniversary of D-Day fast approaching, the number of living U.S. veterans who fought in France is in sharp decline, and many fewer are likely to see the next major anniversary of the invasion. Of those honored Wednesday, the youngest was 88, while most were in their 90s. Despite the intervening years, their memories of war — of both horrors and triumphs — remain incredibly vivid for several of the veterans who spoke to Stars and Stripes at the ceremony.

William E. Gast, 89, was a 19-year-old Army tech corporal when he drove a Sherman tank up Omaha Beach 10 minutes before the invasion was actually set to begin. Some of the men in his 743rd Tank Battalion never even made it to land, sinking into the surf while sealed inside vehicles that would become coffins. But after a moment of suspense, Gast felt his tank tracks grab, and the vehicle pulled out of the water. Unable to open his hatch for a better view, he relied on his commander for directions — with kicks on either shoulder telling him which way to turn. “I’m sitting in this tank, down in it with this little periscope, and I can see practically nothing,” he said. “I can hear the machine gun bullets hitting the side of the tank like throwing marbles at the side of a car — that’s what it sounded like inside the tank. And there were shells that exploded right beside me. You could feel the tank shake. Fortunately none of them hit us.”

Gast said he remains haunted by the possibility that while driving blind, he ran over some of his fellow soldiers. Later, while under heavy fire, he rescued several men whose car had been rocketed, and he was awarded the Silver Star as well as a Purple Heart. Memories of a fatal scouting mission haunt another veteran honored for by France for his heroism.

MORE

Judge: Decorated soldier won't get Medal of Honor

He is white so no one will be issuing a Medal of Honor for this soldier. But we will upgrade 20 some odd distinguished Cross for Hispanics and Jews.

While those men deserve the medal so does this soldier.

Ohh and this is not an attack on Obama, he can not do anything that I know of to upgrade the medal on his own. It takes action from Congress.

Isn't it sad that because of race a deserving man will still be denied his award?

What's really despicable and incredibly disrespecting of this and other soldier's heroism is that some internet fake like yourself would LIE about it being because of race.

Shame on you.

Forum List

Back