Writers

Delephinki

Rookie
May 31, 2009
Writers have been including global warming into their writings to provoke people to read what’s happening in an interesting fashion. However the main reasons would be to get people who are worried about global warming, and can’t understand the un-explanatory essays on the subject, to buy the book and for the writer to receive money. The writers, such as James Patterson, have suddenly introduced a strong global warming background into his Maximum Ride books to get more readers, however the people who enjoyed his books before hand are beginning to hate him for the sudden change. Now suddenly the scientists who brought up global warming are bringing up global cooling AGAIN. What are we supposed to do about the lies and should we believe these scientists?

Who are the liars?

This should be in another category as it is not about writing but about ideology or about choices as the teacher below outlines. I vote we take care of our planet, our mother.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ]YouTube - The Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See[/ame]

Writers have been including global warming into their writings to provoke people to read what’s happening in an interesting fashion. However the main reasons would be to get people who are worried about global warming, and can’t understand the un-explanatory essays on the subject, to buy the book and for the writer to receive money. The writers, such as James Patterson, have suddenly introduced a strong global warming background into his Maximum Ride books to get more readers, however the people who enjoyed his books before hand are beginning to hate him for the sudden change. Now suddenly the scientists who brought up global warming are bringing up global cooling AGAIN. What are we supposed to do about the lies and should we believe these scientists?

OK, some links for your bullshit.

I vote we take care of our planet, our mother.

Have you seen the extinction record of Momma Earth, most of that carnage occuring before humans ever evolved?

I say we put the crazy old, murderous bitch in an asylum.

Thanks for the video Midcan

That nameless dude has put what a lot of moderates have been thinking (why take chances) into a practical easy to understand argument.

Kudos to him.

Have another beer.

Or maybe not...

That would be more quixotic, perhaps even a wild trip into the idiotic, not paradoxical, unless I make more sense than you when I am drunk, which is probable.

Last edited:

That nameless dude has put what a lot of moderates have been thinking (why take chances) into a practical easy to understand argument.

Kudos to him.

Um ... here's the flaw:

If it is a natural cycle and one that we can do nothing to stop, then we won't survive it unless we use our efforts to figure out how to survive it. If all the money and time is wasted trying to stop something we cannot, then we are lost anyway.

Kudos to him.

Um ... here's the flaw:

If it is a natural cycle and one that we can do nothing to stop, then we won't survive it unless we use our efforts to figure out how to survive it. If all the money and time is wasted trying to stop something we cannot, then we are lost anyway.

I'll let the scientists come to the conclusion on whether its natural or man-made.

Kudos to him.

Um ... here's the flaw:

I'll let the scientists come to the conclusion on whether its natural or man-made.

So far, there is no evidence it is human influence only conjecture. So that leaves us with a 50/50 chance, do you want to bet our survival on that? The only reason they have been able to perpetuate the fear is by ignoring most science and only using the same flawed numbers found by a small handful of scientists, then reinterpreting them with each report to make it look like there is more evidence. In reality, there isn't enough evidence to determine one way or the other.

Um ... here's the flaw:

So far, there is no evidence it is human influence only conjecture. So that leaves us with a 50/50 chance, do you want to bet our survival on that? The only reason they have been able to perpetuate the fear is by ignoring most science and only using the same flawed numbers found by a small handful of scientists, then reinterpreting them with each report to make it look like there is more evidence. In reality, there isn't enough evidence to determine one way or the other.

We could argue this until we're both blue in the face, and probably still not get anywhere :tongue:

Plus I'm not gonna argue this topic cause its one of few that I'm still "fence sitting"

Respect your opinion though.

We could argue this until we're both blue in the face, and probably still not get anywhere :tongue:

Plus I'm not gonna argue this topic cause its one of few that I'm still "fence sitting"

I can respect that, I was once just of that mind as well ... until I found out what they were really doing and the real impact of all their "green" products and services. Look into recycling for instance, it doesn't do anything to stop the need of virgin products, and the chemicals used in the process are actually worse for the environment. The worst thing is that many places are now forcing recycling onto people, and using tax dollars to pay for it, simply because they were losing money in spite of many companies actually buying their material. They are using these limited findings and flawed numbers to push these products and services which benefit so few and have no real impact on the pollution level. See, I still don't like pollution, I love clean air, but the environmentalists are doing just as much harm for less product than anyone else. They even cloud the facts about truly clean energy, like nuclear, just to promote their specific forms of energy. It's all politics and no science, the environuts just do not really care, they use this as just a way to "sleep easy" at night mindlessly ignoring the real facts.

I can respect that, I was once just of that mind as well ... until I found out what they were really doing and the real impact of all their "green" products and services. Look into recycling for instance, it doesn't do anything to stop the need of virgin products, and the chemicals used in the process are actually worse for the environment. The worst thing is that many places are now forcing recycling onto people, and using tax dollars to pay for it, simply because they were losing money in spite of many companies actually buying their material. They are using these limited findings and flawed numbers to push these products and services which benefit so few and have no real impact on the pollution level. See, I still don't like pollution, I love clean air, but the environmentalists are doing just as much harm for less product than anyone else. They even cloud the facts about truly clean energy, like nuclear, just to promote their specific forms of energy. It's all politics and no science, the environuts just do not really care, they use this as just a way to "sleep easy" at night mindlessly ignoring the real facts.

Not trying to be snippity, but do you have some links I could look at?

I'll be sharing them with my family as well.

Not trying to be snippity, but do you have some links I could look at?

I'll be sharing them with my family as well.

I haven't done much online search about it, too lazy really, actually found out while I was in real life. But if you can find it, Penn and Teller's Bullshit has some of the facts, yes I did verify those facts. Most of the stories that show facts like this though vanish very quickly, hate to say conspiracy but it looks like it. But anyhow, they can't touch the show.
Penn & Teller: Bullshit! on Showtime - Official Home Page of Penn & Teller: Bullshit!

There are at least three episodes on the topics, one for the "green" movement where they get people like Old Rocks to sign a petition banning H2O (LOL) ... another about recycling specifically which I already knew those facts but it's nice to see in a humorous format ... and another about how one lady can't move back into her own house because of an endangered species, there's a ton more to that story that just makes you go hmmm ...

Several other good semi-related topics are about PITA and their torture of animals and bottled water (LOL).

Anyone who doubts humanity's effect on the world's climate hasn't seen LA when the smog is dense, or visited Pittsburgh with its intense smell of factories. When we were kids all the factories would dump into the creeks and rivers and the outcome obvious - they killed the living world. Today that goes on still. One only needs to extrapolate a bit to imagine the coal burning power plants, and their effect on our planet.

I want to add this The Story of Stuff with Annie Leonard to a thread in economics but it is worth adding here too.

The reason i believed this was worth posting was because we are paying for the research weather it gets resources or not.

Forum List

Back