For Your What the Fuck File if true

DamnYankee

No Neg Policy
Apr 2, 2009
Subject: Another Shock to the System
Sent: Wed, 27 May 2009 9:48 pm

This came from a friend of of a friend who taught at Mississippi State University (near Starkville) and at The University of Mississippi (Ole Miss).

I wanted to give ya'll some disturbing information. I work with the Catch-A-Dream Foundation which provides hunting and fishing trips to childen with life-threatening illnesses? It is a great program needless to say. This past weekend we had our annual banquet/fundraiser event in Starkville. As part of the program, we had scheduled Sgt. 1st Class Greg Stube, a highly decorated U.S. Army Green Beret and inspirational speaker who was severely injured while deployed overseas and didn't have much of a chance for survival. Greg is stationed at Ft. Bragg and received permission from his commanding officer to come speak at our function. Everything was on go until President Obama made a policy that NO U.S. SERVICEMAN CAN SPEAK AT ANY FAITH-BASED PUBLIC EVENTS ANYMORE. Needless to say, Greg had to cancel his speaking event with us. Didn't know if anyone else was aware of this new policy. Wonder why this was not in the news, what other similar "changes" are coming in the future?

Many items are not newsworthy. This, of course, is the new "transparency". Any confirmation of this?

Added: Can you provide a link for this? If not, then it's just an email hoax.

Gee, I was kinda hoping THAT might be provided by someone else -- if, of course, they had any info on this "new policy" one way or the other.

This came from a friend of a friend
The friend I know. Their (other) friend I do not?

Anything else?

Last edited:
How is speaking at the fund raiser for a private charity considered to be a "public" event??

And is the "Catch-A-Dream" foundation really "faith-based"?

Excellent.

This particular fund-raiser would not be a public event, so the complaint isn't a valid one.

I would say that it is, however, "faith based".

http://catchadream.org/learn/index.html

Now, if this were a public event, would it have been prohibited? Is the policy, in fact, in effect? I don't give a damn one way or the other, BTW, except for the issue of who is permitted to speak where.

The original article link.Starkville Daily News - New DOD policy forces change in speaker for banquet

Links to memos from DOD dates ranging from May 2009 back to August 1997 on ethical issues and conduct.
Guidance

Without reading all those embedded links, what I've come up with is this:

Fundraising

There are several rules that cover fundraising activity, both in an official capacity and in a personal capacity, that are applicable to DoD employees, including SGEs. Although it is not likely that you will be asked to participate officially in the solicitation of funds or the endorsement of a fundraising effort, you should seek the guidance of this Office prior to such participation.

Generally, you may fundraise in your personal capacity. However, you may not fundraise in the Federal workplace (except for collecting gifts-in-kind, such as food, clothing and toys), and you may not solicit funds from any person that you know is a prohibited source whose interests may be substantially affected by performance or non-performance of your official duties. Finally, please do not use or permit use of your official title, position, or authority associated with your position to further the fundraising effort.

Maybe it was the fundraising that was a problem although it wasn't on the government property?

:rofl:

Some people will believe anything. :lol:

Gee.... I took you for a thinker at least part of the time... :eusa_shhh:

I am. On this thread apparently the only one. :eusa_whistle:

Unless of course you're suggesting I should consider this blatant fabrication as some sort of hypothetical. Sorry, I just don't see much value in that.

There is no evidence of you doing anything other than being a wise ass. No problem. I have an affinity for a few....

So...is "catch a dream" foundation a religious group? And does Jesus allow you to say the F-bomb? Just wondering. Your outrage rings a little hollow. Perhaps, you could fake a innocuous name like...I don't know, "Hats for Colitis" or something. Be sincere. And don't say naughty words, it gives the whole thing away, they will know yer a christian for sure, boyo.

So...is "catch a dream" foundation a religious group? And does Jesus allow you to say the F-bomb? Just wondering. Your outrage rings a little hollow. Perhaps, you could fake a innocuous name like...I don't know, "Hats for Colitis" or something. Be sincere. And don't say naughty words, it gives the whole thing away, they will know yer a christian for sure, boyo.

Maybe if you actually read what was said?
http://www.usmessageboard.com/consp...r-what-the-fuck-file-if-true.html#post1245104

<chuckle>

Gee.... I took you for a thinker at least part of the time... :eusa_shhh:

Unless of course you're suggesting I should consider this blatant fabrication as some sort of hypothetical. Sorry, I just don't see much value in that.

There is no evidence of you doing anything other than being a wise ass. No problem. I have an affinity for a few....

Guilty as charged.

Still, better to be a wiseass than a peddler of disinformation. :eusa_whistle:

The original article link. Starkville Daily News - New DOD policy forces change in speaker for banquet

Links to memos from DOD dates ranging from May 2009 back to August 1997 on ethical issues and conduct.
Guidance

Guilty as charged.

<chuckle> Aside from the thread title, guessin' you missed a beat.... So, all's left now is whether THE POLICY is in place or not.... Now I'm just an information sponge here, waitin' to soak it all up.... Whadda you got?

So...is "catch a dream" foundation a religious group? And does Jesus allow you to say the F-bomb? Just wondering.

Jesus did not set rules as such for speech/specific words SW2, He did say abide in the Ten Commandments and added one. Love one another. He also made a comment about the rules men makeup and set upon one another that He never set.

Granted the slang used in speech today is not all proper English when one is chatting in such a setting as this forum and the F word is used probably way too much. Each person has to find for themselves that narrow gate He set. I'd have to ask what harm does it do to another in making an exclamation in saying, "What the fuck? in a loose conversation about a government policy that may seem extreme?" I still chuckle about vice president Cheney telling Leahy, "fuck yourself". Not saying it should have been said, just saying stuff happens.

Such silly stuff reminds me of an older teenager coming to me and telling me my preteen had flip him off. I gave the young man with a questioning look while I pondered the thought for a moment. He said to me as if I had not heard him the first time, "He gave me the bird". I had to ask the young man, "Did it hurt you?" He said, "Well no but?"

So...is "catch a dream" foundation a religious group? And does Jesus allow you to say the F-bomb? Just wondering.

Jesus did not set rules as such for speech/specific words SW2, He did say abide in the Ten Commandments and added one. Love one another. He also made a comment about the rules men makeup and set upon one another that He never set.

Granted the slang used in speech today is not all proper English when one is chatting in such a setting as this forum and the F word is used probably way too much. Each person has to find for themselves that narrow gate He set. I'd have to ask what harm does it do to another in making an exclamation in saying, "What the fuck? in a loose conversation about a government policy that may seem extreme?" I still chuckle about vice president Cheney telling Leahy, "fuck yourself". Not saying it should have been said, just saying stuff happens.

Such silly stuff reminds me of an older teenager coming to me and telling me my preteen had flip him off. I gave the young man with a questioning look while I pondered the thought for a moment. He said to me as if I had not heard him the first time, "He gave me the bird". I had to ask the young man, "Did it hurt you?" He said, "Well no but?"

I suppose had I wanted to get enmeshed in a theology debate with that unpronounceable named one, I might have responded that Jesus said "Judge not lest ye be judged."

The original article link. Starkville Daily News - New DOD policy forces change in speaker for banquet

Guidance

Guilty as charged.

<chuckle> Aside from the thread title, guessin' you missed a beat.... So, all's left now is whether THE POLICY is in place or not.... Now I'm just an information sponge here, waitin' to soak it all up.... Whadda you got?

It's pretty common for disinformation peddlers to actually start believing their own bullshit. And for the record, I've missed nothing. The OP was bullshit when you posted it and it still remains bullshit.

Guidance

Guilty as charged.

It's pretty common for disinformation peddlers to actually start believing their own bullshit. And for the record, I've missed nothing. The OP was bullshit when you posted it and it still remains bullshit.

I saw it on the Internet, so it must be true...good grief, people, when are you going to wake up that most of this JUNK is just that. You have the entire Internet to check it out, BEFORE you go posting a slobbering repeat of disinformation. USE IT.

snopes.com: Military Speakers at Faith-Based Events

Obama: No Military Personnel at Faith-Based Events - Urban Legends

FINALLY! One would think that neither of you understood the words "if true" in the title! Now, I thank you very much, Maggie. You've been extremely helpful!

Forum List

Back