Wright, the pretended Reverend lashes out at Jews & shows his ignorance of the Bible

I read Act 10:34-35----in translation I missed the "anymore"------from where do you get the idea
that God favored people based on race or nation BEFORE peter made the comment
which is attributed to him in "Acts" The "anymore"" does not appear in his comment, If I remember
correctly-----Peter would have been in Rome at that time (???)

Multiple translations of Deut. 7:6 from the Bible: :)

Deuteronomy 7:6
Amplified Bible (AMP)
6 For you are a holy and set-apart people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a special people to Himself out of all the peoples on the face of the earth.

New International Version (NIV)
6 For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

King James Version (KJV)
6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

what are the implications of this particular status ? only jews get to go to heaven? If there is any creed
that considers only SOME PEOPLE WORTHY------it is Christianity-------christian dogma, since its inception,
REQUIRES that no matter what a person is or does during his life time------he is doomed to hell for simply
not believing that Jesus is the "son" of "GOD". There is no such assertion either in the
"Old Testament" or in the many volumes of jewish commentary. In fact there are examples of specific
non jews who are considered "righteous" (which means they are ok-------for etermal life etc) Poor Dante
had to invent some special places ------not quite in heaven----even for people like Moses since he
was not "saved""----------He put Daniel some place good justifying that move with ----"DANIEL KNEW"
The rabbinic explanation which------believe it or not is actually ancient----is that the big time
special status of jews is that they get to live without eating shrimp and lobster-----as a sign of that
favored status. Balaam was a gentile------quite pagan no less------he is considered to be a PROPHET.
You want to feel special------don't eat shrimp tacos. Remember? salvation is a matter of FAITH----
acts don't count......just "believe". I have never understood that rationale----something like the
Tinkerbelle doctrine-------if all the children in the world clap their hands and say I DO BELIEVE IN FAIRIES--------Tinkerbelle survives. Peter does not say anything ------even in translation that is not consistent
with existing Pharisee thought of his time------except that "anymore" part. I will assume that
ACTS was written in Greek--------I haven't got a chance with Greek--------(I googled----the answer is vague---
no one seems to be sure--Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic---probably greek)

Last edited:
what are the implications of this particular status ? only jews get to go to heaven? If there is any creed
that considers only SOME PEOPLE WORTHY------it is Christianity-------christian dogma, since its inception,
REQUIRES that no matter what a person is or does during his life time------he is doomed to hell for simply
not believing that Jesus is the "son" of "GOD". There is no such assertion either in the
"Old Testament" or in the many volumes of jewish commentary. In fact there are examples of specific
non jews who are considered "righteous" (which means they are ok-------for etermal life etc) Poor Dante
had to invent some special places ------not quite in heaven----even for people like Moses since he
was not "saved""----------He put Daniel some place good justifying that move with ----"DANIEL KNEW"
The rabbinic explanation which------believe it or not is actually ancient----is that the big time
special status of jews is that they get to live without eating shrimp and lobster-----as a sign of that
favored status. Balaam was a gentile------quite pagan no less------he is considered to be a PROPHET.
You want to feel special------don't eat shrimp tacos. Remember? salvation is a matter of FAITH----
acts don't count......just "believe". I have never understood that rationale----something like the
Tinkerbelle doctrine-------if all the children in the world clap their hands and say I DO BELIEVE IN FAIRIES--------Tinkerbelle survives. Peter does not say anything ------even in translation that is not inconsistent
with existing Pharisee thought of his time------except that "anymore" part. I will assume that
ACTS was written in Greek--------I haven't got a chance with Greek--------(I googled----the answer is vague---
no one seems to be sure--Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic---probably greek)

Going to bed rosie :) ...didn't read all of this post from you but it was nice talking to you.

Forum List

Back