LDS prophesy of the last days

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
Ezekiel 37:15-17
15 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?
19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.

We believe this bible prophecy to be about the Bible and Book of Mormon. The stick of Judah being the Bible and the stick of Joseph being the Book of Mormon. We believe that in ancient times, God led those of the tribe of Joseph out from the land of Israel and brought them to the Americas. The Book of Mormon is a history of these people as recorded by prophets of God here upon the American continents. Through the restoration of the gospel, the Book of Mormon has come to light and is now in the hands of missionaries and layed before the eyes of those who receive them.

When Jesus came to this earth he ministered only to the house of Israel. In the Americas, the gospel was also taught to those of the house of Israel. Jesus did not minister unto the Gentiles. Later Peter, the head apostle, was instructed to take the gospel to the Gentiles. The Apostle Paul became the great Gentile missionary. The gospel was to go to the Jew first and then to the Gentile. But in the latter-days, the gospel was to first come unto the Gentile first and then unto the Jew (or house of Israel).

1 Nephi 13:42
42 And the time cometh that he shall manifest himself unto all nations, both unto the Jews and also unto the Gentiles; and after he has manifested himself unto the Jews and also unto the Gentiles, then he shall manifest himself unto the Gentiles and also unto the Jews, and the last shall be first, and the first shall be last.

Since the time of the restoration of the gospel in these latter-days the gospel has been preached to the Gentile nations. But that time is soon to end and is known as the time of the Gentiles being fulfilled.

Luke 21:24
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Joseph Smith taught the following:

JST, Luke 21:25-26
25 And he answered them, and said, In the generation in which the times of the Gentiles shall be fulfilled, there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations with perplexity, like the sea and the waves roaring. The earth also shall be troubled, and the waters of the great deep;
26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth. For the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Latter-day scripture also teaches:

Doctrine and Covenants 45:15-59
15 Wherefore, hearken and I will reason with you, and I will speak unto you and prophesy, as unto men in days of old.
16 And I will show it plainly as I showed it unto my disciples as I stood before them in the flesh, and spake unto them, saying: As ye have asked of me concerning the signs of my coming, in the day when I shall come in my glory in the clouds of heaven, to fulfil the promises that I have made unto your fathers,
17 For as ye have looked upon the long absence of your spirits from your bodies to be a bondage, I will show unto you how the day of redemption shall come, and also the restoration of the scattered Israel.
18 And now ye behold this temple which is in Jerusalem, which ye call the house of God, and your enemies say that this house shall never fall.
19 But, verily I say unto you, that desolation shall come upon this generation as a thief in the night, and this people shall be destroyed and scattered among all nations.
20 And this temple which ye now see shall be thrown down that there shall not be left one stone upon another.
21 And it shall come to pass, that this generation of Jews shall not pass away until every desolation which I have told you concerning them shall come to pass.
22 Ye say that ye know that the end of the world cometh; ye say also that ye know that the heavens and the earth shall pass away;
23 And in this ye say truly, for so it is; but these things which I have told you shall not pass away until all shall be fulfilled.
24 And this I have told you concerning Jerusalem; and when that day shall come, shall a remnant be scattered among all nations;
25 But they shall be gathered again; but they shall remain until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
26 And in that day shall be heard of wars and rumors of wars, and the whole earth shall be in commotion, and men’s hearts shall fail them, and they shall say that Christ delayeth his coming until the end of the earth.
27 And the love of men shall wax cold, and iniquity shall abound.
28 And when the times of the Gentiles is come in, a light shall break forth among them that sit in darkness, and it shall be the fulness of my gospel;
29 But they receive it not; for they perceive not the light, and they turn their hearts from me because of the precepts of men.
30 And in that generation shall the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
31 And there shall be men standing in that generation, that shall not pass until they shall see an overflowing scourge; for a desolating sickness shall cover the land.
32 But my disciples shall stand in holy places, and shall not be moved; but among the wicked, men shall lift up their voices and curse God and die.
33 And there shall be earthquakes also in divers places, and many desolations; yet men will harden their hearts against me, and they will take up the sword, one against another, and they will kill one another.
34 And now, when I the Lord had spoken these words unto my disciples, they were troubled.
35 And I said unto them: Be not troubled, for, when all these things shall come to pass, ye may know that the promises which have been made unto you shall be fulfilled.
36 And when the light shall begin to break forth, it shall be with them like unto a parable which I will show you—
37 Ye look and behold the fig trees, and ye see them with your eyes, and ye say when they begin to shoot forth, and their leaves are yet tender, that summer is now nigh at hand;
38 Even so it shall be in that day when they shall see all these things, then shall they know that the hour is nigh.
39 And it shall come to pass that he that feareth me shall be looking forth for the great day of the Lord to come, even for the signs of the coming of the Son of Man.
40 And they shall see signs and wonders, for they shall be shown forth in the heavens above, and in the earth beneath.
41 And they shall behold blood, and fire, and vapors of smoke.
42 And before the day of the Lord shall come, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon be turned into blood, and the stars fall from heaven.
43 And the remnant shall be gathered unto this place;
44 And then they shall look for me, and, behold, I will come; and they shall see me in the clouds of heaven, clothed with power and great glory; with all the holy angels; and he that watches not for me shall be cut off.
45 But before the arm of the Lord shall fall, an angel shall sound his trump, and the saints that have slept shall come forth to meet me in the cloud.
46 Wherefore, if ye have slept in peace blessed are you; for as you now behold me and know that I am, even so shall ye come unto me and your souls shall live, and your redemption shall be perfected; and the saints shall come forth from the four quarters of the earth.
47 Then shall the arm of the Lord fall upon the nations.
48 And then shall the Lord set his foot upon this mount, and it shall cleave in twain, and the earth shall tremble, and reel to and fro, and the heavens also shall shake.
49 And the Lord shall utter his voice, and all the ends of the earth shall hear it; and the nations of the earth shall mourn, and they that have laughed shall see their folly.
50 And calamity shall cover the mocker, and the scorner shall be consumed; and they that have watched for iniquity shall be hewn down and cast into the fire.
51 And then shall the Jews look upon me and say: What are these wounds in thine hands and in thy feet?
52 Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was crucified. I am the Son of God.
53 And then shall they weep because of their iniquities; then shall they lament because they persecuted their king.
54 And then shall the heathen nations be redeemed, and they that knew no law shall have part in the first resurrection; and it shall be tolerable for them.
55 And Satan shall be bound, that he shall have no place in the hearts of the children of men.
56 And at that day, when I shall come in my glory, shall the parable be fulfilled which I spake concerning the ten virgins.
57 For they that are wise and have received the truth, and have taken the Holy Spirit for their guide, and have not been deceived—verily I say unto you, they shall not be hewn down and cast into the fire, but shall abide the day.
58 And the earth shall be given unto them for an inheritance; and they shall multiply and wax strong, and their children shall grow up without sin unto salvation.
59 For the Lord shall be in their midst, and his glory shall be upon them, and he will be their king and their lawgiver.

When the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled, then destructions will come upon them unless they repent. Unless we heed unto the words of the Lord, we will become victim to these calamities:

3 Nephi 9:22
22 Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved.

Granny says, "Well...

... the Bible says inna end times...

... the Trump gonna sound...

... an' den Jesus gonna return."

Ezekiel 37:15-17
15 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?
19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.

We believe this bible prophecy to be about the Bible and Book of Mormon. The stick of Judah being the Bible and the stick of Joseph being the Book of Mormon. We believe that in ancient times, God led those of the tribe of Joseph out from the land of Israel and brought them to the Americas. The Book of Mormon is a history of these people as recorded by prophets of God here upon the American continents. Through the restoration of the gospel, the Book of Mormon has come to light and is now in the hands of missionaries and layed before the eyes of those who receive them.

When Jesus came to this earth he ministered only to the house of Israel. In the Americas, the gospel was also taught to those of the house of Israel. Jesus did not minister unto the Gentiles. Later Peter, the head apostle, was instructed to take the gospel to the Gentiles. The Apostle Paul became the great Gentile missionary. The gospel was to go to the Jew first and then to the Gentile. But in the latter-days, the gospel was to first come unto the Gentile first and then unto the Jew (or house of Israel).

1 Nephi 13:42
42 And the time cometh that he shall manifest himself unto all nations, both unto the Jews and also unto the Gentiles; and after he has manifested himself unto the Jews and also unto the Gentiles, then he shall manifest himself unto the Gentiles and also unto the Jews, and the last shall be first, and the first shall be last.

Since the time of the restoration of the gospel in these latter-days the gospel has been preached to the Gentile nations. But that time is soon to end and is known as the time of the Gentiles being fulfilled.

Luke 21:24
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Joseph Smith taught the following:

JST, Luke 21:25-26
25 And he answered them, and said, In the generation in which the times of the Gentiles shall be fulfilled, there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations with perplexity, like the sea and the waves roaring. The earth also shall be troubled, and the waters of the great deep;
26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth. For the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Latter-day scripture also teaches:

Doctrine and Covenants 45:15-59
15 Wherefore, hearken and I will reason with you, and I will speak unto you and prophesy, as unto men in days of old.
16 And I will show it plainly as I showed it unto my disciples as I stood before them in the flesh, and spake unto them, saying: As ye have asked of me concerning the signs of my coming, in the day when I shall come in my glory in the clouds of heaven, to fulfil the promises that I have made unto your fathers,
17 For as ye have looked upon the long absence of your spirits from your bodies to be a bondage, I will show unto you how the day of redemption shall come, and also the restoration of the scattered Israel.
18 And now ye behold this temple which is in Jerusalem, which ye call the house of God, and your enemies say that this house shall never fall.
19 But, verily I say unto you, that desolation shall come upon this generation as a thief in the night, and this people shall be destroyed and scattered among all nations.
20 And this temple which ye now see shall be thrown down that there shall not be left one stone upon another.
21 And it shall come to pass, that this generation of Jews shall not pass away until every desolation which I have told you concerning them shall come to pass.
22 Ye say that ye know that the end of the world cometh; ye say also that ye know that the heavens and the earth shall pass away;
23 And in this ye say truly, for so it is; but these things which I have told you shall not pass away until all shall be fulfilled.
24 And this I have told you concerning Jerusalem; and when that day shall come, shall a remnant be scattered among all nations;
25 But they shall be gathered again; but they shall remain until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
26 And in that day shall be heard of wars and rumors of wars, and the whole earth shall be in commotion, and men’s hearts shall fail them, and they shall say that Christ delayeth his coming until the end of the earth.
27 And the love of men shall wax cold, and iniquity shall abound.
28 And when the times of the Gentiles is come in, a light shall break forth among them that sit in darkness, and it shall be the fulness of my gospel;
29 But they receive it not; for they perceive not the light, and they turn their hearts from me because of the precepts of men.
30 And in that generation shall the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
31 And there shall be men standing in that generation, that shall not pass until they shall see an overflowing scourge; for a desolating sickness shall cover the land.
32 But my disciples shall stand in holy places, and shall not be moved; but among the wicked, men shall lift up their voices and curse God and die.
33 And there shall be earthquakes also in divers places, and many desolations; yet men will harden their hearts against me, and they will take up the sword, one against another, and they will kill one another.
34 And now, when I the Lord had spoken these words unto my disciples, they were troubled.
35 And I said unto them: Be not troubled, for, when all these things shall come to pass, ye may know that the promises which have been made unto you shall be fulfilled.
36 And when the light shall begin to break forth, it shall be with them like unto a parable which I will show you—
37 Ye look and behold the fig trees, and ye see them with your eyes, and ye say when they begin to shoot forth, and their leaves are yet tender, that summer is now nigh at hand;
38 Even so it shall be in that day when they shall see all these things, then shall they know that the hour is nigh.
39 And it shall come to pass that he that feareth me shall be looking forth for the great day of the Lord to come, even for the signs of the coming of the Son of Man.
40 And they shall see signs and wonders, for they shall be shown forth in the heavens above, and in the earth beneath.
41 And they shall behold blood, and fire, and vapors of smoke.
42 And before the day of the Lord shall come, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon be turned into blood, and the stars fall from heaven.
43 And the remnant shall be gathered unto this place;
44 And then they shall look for me, and, behold, I will come; and they shall see me in the clouds of heaven, clothed with power and great glory; with all the holy angels; and he that watches not for me shall be cut off.
45 But before the arm of the Lord shall fall, an angel shall sound his trump, and the saints that have slept shall come forth to meet me in the cloud.
46 Wherefore, if ye have slept in peace blessed are you; for as you now behold me and know that I am, even so shall ye come unto me and your souls shall live, and your redemption shall be perfected; and the saints shall come forth from the four quarters of the earth.
47 Then shall the arm of the Lord fall upon the nations.
48 And then shall the Lord set his foot upon this mount, and it shall cleave in twain, and the earth shall tremble, and reel to and fro, and the heavens also shall shake.
49 And the Lord shall utter his voice, and all the ends of the earth shall hear it; and the nations of the earth shall mourn, and they that have laughed shall see their folly.
50 And calamity shall cover the mocker, and the scorner shall be consumed; and they that have watched for iniquity shall be hewn down and cast into the fire.
51 And then shall the Jews look upon me and say: What are these wounds in thine hands and in thy feet?
52 Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was crucified. I am the Son of God.
53 And then shall they weep because of their iniquities; then shall they lament because they persecuted their king.
54 And then shall the heathen nations be redeemed, and they that knew no law shall have part in the first resurrection; and it shall be tolerable for them.
55 And Satan shall be bound, that he shall have no place in the hearts of the children of men.
56 And at that day, when I shall come in my glory, shall the parable be fulfilled which I spake concerning the ten virgins.
57 For they that are wise and have received the truth, and have taken the Holy Spirit for their guide, and have not been deceived—verily I say unto you, they shall not be hewn down and cast into the fire, but shall abide the day.
58 And the earth shall be given unto them for an inheritance; and they shall multiply and wax strong, and their children shall grow up without sin unto salvation.
59 For the Lord shall be in their midst, and his glory shall be upon them, and he will be their king and their lawgiver.

When the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled, then destructions will come upon them unless they repent. Unless we heed unto the words of the Lord, we will become victim to these calamities:

3 Nephi 9:22
22 Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved.
I thought you were going to talk about lysergic diethylamide acid.

Granny says, "Well...

The Greek New Testament (Greek version, not mistranslated English versions like the Mormons use) says that Jesus' "good message" will be taught in all the world, and then the sign of Jesus' imminent return will be given.

The Chinese, Arabs, and N.Koreans have not let Christian missionaries in yet.

And the sign has not been given. The sign is a total solar eclipse at Jerusalem, followed by a total lunar eclipse there. That can only happen 2 weeks apart at the rate the Moon is revolving around the Earth.

Anyway when you see those 5 things happen you can bet on Jesus coming back. In the meantime don't let the Mormon missionaries take your money because it won't do you any good.

I suspect some smart astrophysicist (we used to call these astronomers) can figure out when Jerusalem will get a total solar eclipse followed in 2 weeks by a total lunar eclipse.

I'll bet it is at least several hundred years away if not thousands.

It was 2000 years ago in 1995 since Jesus was born, and it will be 2000 years in 2033 since his ascension. But I don't see anything magical about 2000 years. There was nothing magical about 1000 years back in the Middle Ages of Europe. The English language was born right about that time that's all.

Last edited:
Granny says, "Well...

The Greek New Testament (Greek version, not mistranslated English versions like the Mormons use) says that Jesus' "good message" will be taught in all the world, and then the sign of Jesus' imminent return will be given.

The Chinese, Arabs, and N.Koreans have not let Christian missionaries in yet.

And the sign has not been given. The sign is a total solar eclipse at Jerusalem, followed by a total lunar eclipse there. That can only happen 2 weeks apart at the rate the Moon is revolving around the Earth.

Anyway when you see those 5 things happen you can bet on Jesus coming back. In the meantime don't let the Mormon missionaries take your money because it won't do you any good.

I suspect some smart astrophysicist (we used to call these astronomers) can figure out when Jerusalem will get a total solar eclipse followed in 2 weeks by a total lunar eclipse.

I'll bet it is at least several hundred years away if not thousands.

It was 2000 years ago in 1995 since Jesus was born, and it will be 2000 years in 2033 since his ascension. But I don't see anything magical about 2000 years. There was nothing magical about 1000 years back in the Middle Ages of Europe. The English language was born right about that time that's all.
My neighbors are Mormons. Very good people. Anyway, one of their "elders" came by for a chat. He was young, maybe 25 or so. He brought some others with them. We had a really nice long chat. I couldn't help but feel like he was behaving like a used car salesman.

Never understood why some need mystical prophecies and historical texts that cannot be proven in order to act like a decent human being.

In the 5th chapter of the Book of Revelation, John the Revelator "saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals." No man on earth was able to view the book or open the seals thereof except the Lord Jesus only. He alone can reveal what is in the book.

Joseph Smith received revelation concerning this book as follows:

Doctrine and Covenants 77:6-7
6 Q. What are we to understand by the book which John saw, which was sealed on the back with seven seals?
A. We are to understand that it contains the revealed will, mysteries, and the works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this earth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence.

7 Q. What are we to understand by the seven seals with which it was sealed?
A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh.

From this we learn that the temporal existence of the earth is 7000 years. Or from the time of the fall of Adam until the end of the Mellennial reign of Christ will be 7000 years. Each of the seven seals on the book represent each of the 1000 year periods that make up these 7000 years. So let us take a look at each of these seals as the Lord opens them.

Revelation 6:1-2
1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

The first thousand years of this earth's temporal existence starts with Adam and Eve's fall from the presence of the Lord and continues until 70 years after the death of Adam who died at 930 years of age. During this time many of the great patriarchs lived such as Seth, Enos, Cainan, Mahalalel, Jared, Enoch, Methuselah, and Lamech. We believe the rider of the white horse was likely referring to Enoch. Enoch was a great prophet who established a great city of righteous people. The city was known as the City of Zion. Zion being interpreted as "the pure in heart". Much evil was conquered by love and persuasion in his day and both Enoch and his city were taken from the earth unto God to return in the latter-days. Thus the horse is represented as a white horse.

Revelation 6:3-4
3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

The second seal represents the days from Noah to Abraham. In the days of Noah it states:

Genesis 6:9-13
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

The second horses color is red which represents a lack of peace and bloodshed. So evil were the days of Noah that God sent his judgments upon them. Wickedness and violence spread in those days and God found it necessary to cleanse the earth of it. The great sword represents this cleansing.

Revelation 6:5-6
5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

The 3rd seal represents the 1000 years from the time of Abraham to the reign of King Solomon. The color black represents famine. In the days of Jacob whose name was changed to Israel and his Joseph who was sold into Egypt by his brothers there was much famine upon the earth. Joseph's interpretation of the Pharoah's dream of seven years of plenty and seven years of sore famine was realized. Joseph had the wisdom to store up food for seven years to prepare for the seven years of famine. Many nations came to Egypt for food during this time. Even Israel and his sons journeyed to Egypt to escape the sore famine. There they were reunited with Joseph and escaped the blackness of the famine.

Revelation 6:7-8
7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

The 4th seal runs from the days of Solomon to Jesus Christ's ministry. During this time we see the great conquests of earthly beasts (kingdoms). The Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Greek, and Roman empires with all their wars and conquests occurred during this period of time. Much death and hell occurred during the reign of these kingdoms. The time is represented as a Pale horse probably because even though there was great blackness because of death and hunger, it ends with the great light of the ministry of Christ.

Revelation 6:9-11
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

When the 5th seal is opened which covers the time of the Apostles of Christ and the persecution of the saints during the dark ages. All of Christ's apostles were martyred except John. Rome persecuted the Christians for many years. The avenging of their blood is put off until the Second Coming of Jesus when wickedness will be taken from the earth. Until then they must wait and they will see others who are their brethren also be killed as they were. No horses represent the 5th, 6th, and 7th seals.

(To be continued)

Matt.24.14

Anyway, one of their "elders" came by for a chat. He was young, maybe 25 or so.

Granny says he kinda young...

... to be an elder...

... mebbe dey don't live so long.

Is Mormonism a cult? | CARM Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry

Is Mormonism a cult?
by Matt Slick

Yes, Mormonism is a cult, a non-Christian cult because Mormonism denies essential biblical teachings and adds new, false doctrines. Mormonism, also called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS), teaches the following non-Christian, non-biblical doctrines. (Note that all the documentation is taken from Mormon writers and Mormon scriptures).

• God used to be a man on another planet, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 321; Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, vol. 5, p. 613-614; Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, vol. 2, p. 345; Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 333).
  • God resides near a star called Kolob, (Pearl of Great Price, p. 34-35; Mormon Doctrine, p. 428).
  • "The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s . . . " (Doctrines and Covenants 130:22).
  • God is in the form of a man, (Joseph Smith, Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p. 3).
  • "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens!!! . . . We have imagined that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea and take away the veil, so that you may see," (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345).
  • After you become a good Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god, (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345-347, 354).
  • There is a mother god, (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 443).
  • God is married to his goddess wife and has spirit children, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 516).
  • The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. "That these three are separate individuals, physically distinct from each other, is demonstrated by the accepted records of divine dealings with man," (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 35).

Is Mormonism a cult? | CARM Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry

Is Mormonism a cult?
by Matt Slick

Yes, Mormonism is a cult, a non-Christian cult because Mormonism denies essential biblical teachings and adds new, false doctrines. Mormonism, also called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS), teaches the following non-Christian, non-biblical doctrines. (Note that all the documentation is taken from Mormon writers and Mormon scriptures).

• God used to be a man on another planet, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 321; Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, vol. 5, p. 613-614; Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, vol. 2, p. 345; Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 333).
  • God resides near a star called Kolob, (Pearl of Great Price, p. 34-35; Mormon Doctrine, p. 428).
  • "The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s . . . " (Doctrines and Covenants 130:22).
  • God is in the form of a man, (Joseph Smith, Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p. 3).
  • "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens!!! . . . We have imagined that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea and take away the veil, so that you may see," (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345).
  • After you become a good Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god, (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345-347, 354).
  • There is a mother god, (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 443).
  • God is married to his goddess wife and has spirit children, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 516).
  • The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. "That these three are separate individuals, physically distinct from each other, is demonstrated by the accepted records of divine dealings with man," (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 35).
God used to be a man on another planet
God is a man. He is an exalted man. For this reason Jesus was called or called himself the Son of Man in no less than 80 verses in the New Testament. We all know Jesus was not the son of Joseph who married Mary. So what man was he the Son of? It was none other than God the Eternal Father.
God resides near a star called Kolob
Can you prove to me in the bible that God does not reside near a star called Kolob? This information was revealed to Abraham and later again to Joseph Smith.
The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s
Luke 24:36-39
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Obviously the resurrected Christ has a body of flesh and bones. What makes you think the Father does not?

John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

I am surprised to learn that those who think the Father and Son are the same being do not believe that he has a body of flesh and bones.

God is in the form of a man
This would be better said that man is in the form of God.
Genesis 1:26-27
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens
Scripture does not say that God was always a God.
Psalms 90:2
2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

LDS view this scripture not that God has been God for an eternity past but that he became a God and was God before this earth time to the eternity after the earth passes away. Thus he is God from eternity to all eternity. His Godhood spans some portion of eternity past but extents to all eternity hereafter. He is from everlasting (which is a reference to eternity before the earth's time) to everlasting (which is the eternities to come after this earth's temporal existence. We believe he became God in the eternity prior to this earth's existence and will continue to be God to all eternity. Not that he was God for an infinite past.

After you become a good Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god
The Lord himself has said:
Psalms 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

It is interesting that this is the only verse in the old testament that states, "Ye are gods". So our Lord Jesus must have been referencing this verse when the Jews sought to stone him for declaring that he was the "Son of God".

John 10:30-36
30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

We know from this verse that it is a false teaching of many to say that Psalms 82:6 has references to judges since it is the only verse that ties to what Jesus uses in John 10:34. It would make no sense in John 10 if judges was the meaning of the word 'elohim' in Psalms 82:6.

So we see from these verses that God himself has called us all gods. So to say that it is blasphemy that we teach that we can become like God is to go against the teachings of God in the Bible.

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

John 17:20-23
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

There is a mother god
God is married to his goddess wife and has spirit children

We don't learn of a mother god from the Bible but from continuing revelation from God. We believe that God continues to reveal his will unto his servants the prophets. Eternal marriage has also been revealed in these last days. The idea that we can live together as husband and wife through all eternity is a joyous revelation. We do not believe that the Bible contains all the knowledge of God and His will toward his children. Continuing revelation is a principle that will always exist in the Church of Jesus Christ. Now can you prove that these things are not true from the bible? The Bible does however teach that we are his spirit children.

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

God is the Father of spirits and we are his offspring - so says the Bible!

The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
If The Father and the Son are the same being, then was Jesus praying to himself when he prayed. Why did he call himself the Son of God and not God himself? After his resurrection, Jesus said:

John 20:17
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Why would Jesus need to ascend to the Father if he is the same being as the Father?

After the Apostles were martyred the church fell into a state of apostasy. During this state of apostasy, many false creeds were made that are simply not true. God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are separate and distinct personages. Without the creeds (which are not part of the Bible) can you show me in the Bible that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are the same being?

Last edited:

Matt.24.14

Anyway, one of their "elders" came by for a chat. He was young, maybe 25 or so.

Granny says he kinda young...

... to be an elder...

... mebbe dey don't live so long.
the magical underwear cuts off the blood flow to their brains

In Revelation 6:12 through all of Revelation 7 we read about the prophesies of the 6th seal or the 6000 year period of the earth's temporal existence. The Lord Jesus Christ will come in the beginning of the 7th seal or the 7000 year period of thee earth's temporal existence. This is what is written:

Revelation 6:12-17
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Matthew 24 speaks of these same things as well as the quoted Doctrine and Covenants 45 in my first posting. Another quote is from Doctrine and Covenants 88:

Doctrine and Covenants 88:86-94
86 Abide ye in the liberty wherewith ye are made free; entangle not yourselves in sin, but let your hands be clean, until the Lord comes.
87 For not many days hence and the earth shall tremble and reel to and fro as a drunken man; and the sun shall hide his face, and shall refuse to give light; and the moon shall be bathed in blood; and the stars shall become exceedingly angry, and shall cast themselves down as a fig that falleth from off a fig tree.
88 And after your testimony cometh wrath and indignation upon the people.
89 For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand.
90 And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.
91 And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.
92 And angels shall fly through the midst of heaven, crying with a loud voice, sounding the trump of God, saying: Prepare ye, prepare ye, O inhabitants of the earth; for the judgment of our God is come. Behold, and lo, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
93 And immediately there shall appear a great sign in heaven, and all people shall see it together.
94 And another angel shall sound his trump, saying: That great church, the mother of abominations, that made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, that persecuteth the saints of God, that shed their blood—she who sitteth upon many waters, and upon the islands of the sea—behold, she is the tares of the earth; she is bound in bundles; her bands are made strong, no man can loose them; therefore, she is ready to be burned. And he shall sound his trump both long and loud, and all nations shall hear it.

We also read in Revelation 7

Revelation 7
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

There will be a sealing unto eternal life of many from the 12 tribes of Israel. These are they who are faithful to the Lord.

During the 6th seal the time of the Gentiles will be fulfilled. At that time shall the testimony of earthquakes, lightnings, thunders, and the sea heaving itself beyond its bounds will occur. Many natural disasters will be upon the earth which will all lead up to the end of the 6th seal and a preparation for the Lord's second coming.

The Book Of Revelation (Protestant English terminology) has pretty much been discredited as NOT having been written by St. John The Apostle.

So when you quote it you are mostly quoting crap.

Same is true of Hebrews.

If you want to know why then you need to read Eusebius.

Forum List

Back