Wow!!!!!

Zhukov said:
This reminds me, I hadn't noticed this before, but to be honest I haven't paid all that much attention to Sen. Edwards (he's a lawyer and every ounce of him oozes the fact), but did any else notice how his hand gesticulations (thumb pointing) and other mannerisms mimicked our previous President? As I said, I never noticed that before, this could be something he's been doing for awhile, but I got the distinct impression that it was a calculated effort.

Holy crap. I just mentioned the hand Gestures in another thread. Yes, he was attempting to appear more like the 40th pResident.

Zhukov said:
True, but not always. When the question concerning Vice Pres. Cheney's daughter came up, I noticed quite a bit of blinking on his part, and I don't believe he was lying.

alot of blinking can also mean panic. edwards kept going around and around in circles, but never really getting anywhere.

i have a co-worker who is a former police detective that is in our special investigations unit who can tell in an instant if you are lying (helps in fire and theft cases). he says that kerry AND edwards couldn't pass a lie detector test if they were GIVEN the right answers.

MntBiker said:
Right now Lieberman is at home shaking his head and calling Edwards a miserable loser.

Joe would have been tough.

Though V.P. Cheney trounced him I wish he would have corrected the Senators' repeated comments concerning...

...the Tora Bora issue. I'm not aware that we knew then or now without a doubt that bin Laden was holed up in there, though both Senators seem to be convinced of it.

...Iran/North Korea. Pointing out that giving Iran nuclear fuel, as Sen. Kerry suggested, would be just as idiotic as the North Korean negotiations of the '90's.

...single focus of the WoT. The VP did hint at this, but it wasn't somthing he elaborated on. The WoT isn't about one man or one organization, it is a widespread global movement, with tens of thousand of adherents, that must be destroyed. He touched on this, but it cannot be stressed enough, in my opinion.

I understand that there were so many inconsistencies in the challengers' arguments in these two debates, and only so much time to address them, but one can hope for perfection can't they, even if it means perpetual, if only minor, disappointment?

And incidentally, does it bother anyone else when candidates begin to rattle off numbers to present factual arguments in rapid succession? I personally favor it, though I can imagine how political strategist might advise avoiding such things, to keep voters from 'zoning out'. The VP went into this a number of times this debate and to me it was like the sound of artillery impacts, "you're wrong because BOOM, BOOM, and BOOM, and don't forget BOOM!"

gaffer said:
I loved the put down about being in the Senate every tuesday and this was the first time he ever met Edwards.

Greatest moment of the debate. I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard Cheney say that, and even though I think he is dellusional, I have to hand it to him for having the balls to bitchslap Edwards in front of America. :clap:

I thought that Cheney anihilated Edwards on the Foreign Policy part of the debate, but I think Edwards had better arguments than Cheney when it came to the domestic issues, but it was hard to notice Edwards when Cheney steamrolled over everything Edwards had to say.

Another great line out of the debate was after Edwards went on for 2 minutes about gay marriage and it was Cheney's turn all he had to say was "Thanks for saying nice things about my daughter" and that was all. I have to salute him yet again.

Palestinian Jew said:
Greatest moment of the debate. I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard Cheney say that, and even though I think he is dellusional, I have to hand it to him for having the balls to bitchslap Edwards in front of America. :clap:

well, if you aren't even around to do your CURRENT job, what makes Kerry/Edwards think they will be promoted, if you will, to a higher status? With exception to Office Space, you can't expect to get promoted if you don't show up or even do the job you were 'hired' to do. Both Kerry and Edwards want the 'promotion', yet lack the job history or even experience to warrant such a promotion.

fuzzykitten99 said:
well, if you aren't even around to do your CURRENT job, what makes Kerry/Edwards think they will be promoted, if you will, to a higher status? With exception to Office Space, you can't expect to get promoted if you don't show up or even do the job you were 'hired' to do. Both Kerry and Edwards want the 'promotion', yet lack the job history or even experience to warrant such a promotion.

In fairness though, most senators don't show up most of the time, maybe 40% of the time, so Kerry and Edwards are not alone by any means.

Palestinian Jew said:
Another great line out of the debate was after Edwards went on for 2 minutes about gay marriage and it was Cheney's turn all he had to say was "Thanks for saying nice things about my daughter" and that was all. I have to salute him yet again.

Definitely agree-- it takes guts for him to get up there and say he believes it should be a states' rights issue rather than written into the constitution, as his boss would rather have it.

That 'meeting him for the first time' line.. genius! :D

I was waiting for Cheney to bust out Kerry's defense spending record. Edwards really nailed him on it. Cheney supported cutting every single weapons system Kerry did... and a few dozen more. Other problem was, Kerry voted on 2 pentagon appropriations bills, including the largest one in the history of the U.S., in the 90's.

Also glad he reminded everyone of the wholly unpatrtiotic and slimebag move of Cheney's Hallubirton doing business with Iran and Libya through subsidiaries while we had sanctions on them. Slimy.

I'd say Cheney won...but this debate wasn't nearly as entertaining as the presidential debate. Cheney's got a baritone that was threatening to put me to sleep the whole 90 minutes, and i would have had I not been in constant fear of him looking straight into the camera and saying, "GET OFF MY LAWN! Ya damn kids!"

Edward's problem is that he doesn't give the simple "take no shit" answers that Cheney gives, and he doesn't emphasize his points well enough, like when saying that Cheney supported dismantling the same weapons Kerry did, he should have made it clearer. Cheney just steamrolled over that argument like everything else Edwards threw at him.

LOL - it amazes me how you righties see through rose colored glasses.

About the best you can say for this debate is that Chaney didn't get his ass kicked as badly as Bush did.

Palestinian Jew said:
In fairness though, most senators don't show up most of the time, maybe 40% of the time, so Kerry and Edwards are not alone by any means.

not an excuse...kind of like saying "co-worker is doing it too!", or "he started it!"

besides...where is a link to back up your "fact" that most senators don't show up? I searched under both MSN and Google...I entered "US Senate Attendance Records" ...

and this is what i got...

MSN

Google

both contain a link to FactCheck.org, which contains the following passage:

The Bush ad shows Kerry promising to "immediately reform the intelligence system," then counters with an announcer saying "as a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee Kerry was absent for 76 percent of the committee's public hearings." As support for that statement, the Bush campaign states that Kerry is listed as present at only 11 of the 49 public meetings of the committee while he was a member, from 1993 through January, 2001, when Kerry left the committee.

FactCheck.org examined the official, published records of those hearings. And indeed, Kerry is listed as attending only 11 of those hearings.

Kerry's apparent absence from 38 of the hearings actually figures out to an absentee rate of 77.6%.

i could not find anything on your 40% number, or any number for that matter

nakedemperor said:
and i would have had I not been in constant fear of him looking straight into the camera and saying, "GET OFF MY LAWN! Ya damn kids!"

why? were you trespassing? That is breaking a law, you know.

what does "get off my lawn! ya damn kids" have to do with the debate or the elections? Do you have something against older men running for and holing higher office? do they have to be young, sleek, and silky, like mr. Silky Pony? Sounds like you are prejudiced to me.

NightTrain said:
Do tell! Please, Wade, enlighten us with your insight and show the masses where they strayed from the Path of Wisdom.

this means specifics if NightTrain is using words that are too big. Oh, I forgot, you must be more educated than all of us, therefore you automatically know it all, and are more enlightened. So you must be able to give plenty of specifics that Kerry plans to do, to correct the so-called wrongdoings of the current admin.

fuzzykitten99 said:
why? were you trespassing? That is breaking a law, you know.

what does "get off my lawn! ya damn kids" have to do with the debate or the elections? Do you have something against older men running for and holing higher office? do they have to be young, sleek, and silky, like mr. Silky Pony? Sounds like you are prejudiced to me.

Trespassing? Wow, you have the sense of humor of...Dick Cheney. It was a joke. Come on, have a sense of humor, he does look and sound like a grumpy old man. But apparently you have something against young, sleek, silky men running for holding higher office. Sounds like you are prejudice to me.

wade said:

About the best you can say for this debate is that Chaney didn't get his ass kicked as badly as Bush did.

us righties? a number of people who mentioned how well Cheney was doing are lefties. on what basis did Senator Edwards win the debate? He was trounced on foreign policy and they were shown as flip floppers and absent for most of the domestic policy agenda.

Oh and you can spell the Vice President's name right.

wade said:

PJ is a rightie now huh? I didnt know that. Welcome PJ to the side of RIGHTeuosness.

wade said:

Well Wade, at least we do see something. That puts us one up on you, junior.

How can anyone think Edwards was doing good last night is beyond me. At one point I called my grandma and said, "he might as well be speaking spanish, because I can't understand a word". There was alot of big words but they meant nothing. He betrayed the NC citizens that voted for him because he's not doing his job here. Now he's up there trying to be all smooth, he looked like a teenager trying to debate his teacher, about what he sounded like too.
Now Kerry's on tv talking about Cheney doing such a bad job last night. WTF??

Forum List

Back