Cheney Brought it Home!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GWBfan, Oct 5, 2004.

1. GWBfan

GWBfan Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Cheney clearly won this one! The undecided may have bought Kerry's "pomp and circumstance" last week but look at what a bumpling bumpkin Edwards looked like tonight!! This was expected to be a blow-out and it was!! Edwards appeared to become more desperate as the debate went on, while our man Dick was SO calm, cool and collected! I expect to see a sway in the polls...!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    jeez yeah. Cheney never stuttered, never stammered, never paused for 3 seconds, never repeated the same phrase 15 times. His ripped on Kerry's and Edwards' records. He didn't hesitate to catch John-Boy on his BS. My favorite quote:

"I grew up in an America that was a bright light, but that light is flickering"
    ---John Edwards

Pessimism worthy of Jimmy Carter.

If only Cheney could stand in for GW on his remaining debates.

3. GWBfan

GWBfan Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Wait? Where did that other post go?? erm....I'm going nuts..Too much exposure to the Kerry/Edwards campaign!! Arrghhhh!

Agreed!
    But then these debates aren't aimed towards the politically inclined and those knowledgable about the issues. They are aimed to pull in the undecided voters, and those voters if they are still undecided at this point are looking towards presentation, not substance. Kerry won last week on presentation alone. None of his cr*p made sense, but he had all the right moves, and that alone vaulted his polls up. None of what he said was consistent. Add troops, reduce troops? etc.

4. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Did anyone else notice the hand gestures of Edwards? He appeared to be copying our 40th President, attempting to create a better picture of himself I would guess.

5. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Didn't anyone ever tell Edwards not to bring a knife to a gunfight?

6. wade

wade Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Dream on while you can guys. Tommarow the news stations and papers will snap you out of your delusions. Oh ya, you guys dream when you're awake, so maybe not!

7. GWBfan

GWBfan Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Edwards relied on smarmy twists on the issues with the same cliches and rhetoric that Kerry did. Thing is, Cheney has the speaking skills to debunk that crap where Bush does not have those skills to be honest. Those of us who have half a brain have faith that W's leadership has proved itself in action not words. But with such a close race the swing vote is with the undecideds. My prayers are out there for George W Bush and his staff that they can find a way through his debate to be as eloquent and assertive on domestic as Cheney was today. Those of you who pray, please do so.
    God Bless

8. GWBfan

GWBfan Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Knock my socks off will ya?? I'm ready! In fact, I already have my socks off and my feet don't stink! LOL!!
    By the way - tomorrow is spelled just that - not Tommarow, just FYI!

9. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'm a Kerry supporter and I think Bush has done a terrible job, but even I admit Edwards was beaten.

10. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    i gotta pin you on this one. i want straightforward answers, not generalizations, no going off on some rabbit trail.

give specifics on what he has done so wrong, and since you think they were so wrong, you MUST have an idea on what SHOULD have been done.

and I MEAN specifics.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1