Cheney Brought it Home!!

GWBfan

May 26, 2004
Dallas, TX
Cheney clearly won this one! The undecided may have bought Kerry's "pomp and circumstance" last week but look at what a bumpling bumpkin Edwards looked like tonight!! This was expected to be a blow-out and it was!! Edwards appeared to become more desperate as the debate went on, while our man Dick was SO calm, cool and collected! I expect to see a sway in the polls...!

jeez yeah. Cheney never stuttered, never stammered, never paused for 3 seconds, never repeated the same phrase 15 times. His ripped on Kerry's and Edwards' records. He didn't hesitate to catch John-Boy on his BS. My favorite quote:

"I grew up in an America that was a bright light, but that light is flickering"
---John Edwards

Pessimism worthy of Jimmy Carter.

If only Cheney could stand in for GW on his remaining debates.

Wait? Where did that other post go?? erm....I'm going nuts..Too much exposure to the Kerry/Edwards campaign!! Arrghhhh!

Agreed!
But then these debates aren't aimed towards the politically inclined and those knowledgable about the issues. They are aimed to pull in the undecided voters, and those voters if they are still undecided at this point are looking towards presentation, not substance. Kerry won last week on presentation alone. None of his cr*p made sense, but he had all the right moves, and that alone vaulted his polls up. None of what he said was consistent. Add troops, reduce troops? etc.

GWBfan said:
Wait? Where did that other post go?? erm....I'm going nuts..Too much exposure to the Kerry/Edwards campaign!! Arrghhhh!

Agreed!
But then these debates aren't aimed towards the politically inclined and those knowledgable about the issues. They are aimed to pull in the undecided voters, and those voters if they are still undecided at this point are looking towards presentation, not substance. Kerry won last week on presentation alone. None of his cr*p made sense, but he had all the right moves, and that alone vaulted his polls up. None of what he said was consistent. Add troops, reduce troops? etc.

Did anyone else notice the hand gestures of Edwards? He appeared to be copying our 40th President, attempting to create a better picture of himself I would guess.

Dream on while you can guys. Tommarow the news stations and papers will snap you out of your delusions. Oh ya, you guys dream when you're awake, so maybe not!

Edwards relied on smarmy twists on the issues with the same cliches and rhetoric that Kerry did. Thing is, Cheney has the speaking skills to debunk that crap where Bush does not have those skills to be honest. Those of us who have half a brain have faith that W's leadership has proved itself in action not words. But with such a close race the swing vote is with the undecideds. My prayers are out there for George W Bush and his staff that they can find a way through his debate to be as eloquent and assertive on domestic as Cheney was today. Those of you who pray, please do so.
God Bless

wade said:
Dream on while you can guys. Tommarow the news stations and papers will snap you out of your delusions. Oh ya, you guys dream when you're awake, so maybe not!
Knock my socks off will ya?? I'm ready! In fact, I already have my socks off and my feet don't stink! LOL!!
By the way - tomorrow is spelled just that - not Tommarow, just FYI!

wade said:

I'm a Kerry supporter and I think Bush has done a terrible job, but even I admit Edwards was beaten.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i gotta pin you on this one. i want straightforward answers, not generalizations, no going off on some rabbit trail.

give specifics on what he has done so wrong, and since you think they were so wrong, you MUST have an idea on what SHOULD have been done.

and I MEAN specifics.

fuzzy... I couldn't help but notice how *FAST* the jew responded like you asked... :laugh:

Thing is, they can't fuzzy. Dubya has done a damn good job considering what this country has gone through since 9/1/1, and the rotten economy he inherited from slick willie.

wade said:

If you think edwards won... then this is you...

yikes.jpg

The V.P. kicked the johnny's ass on every single issue. If the "media" portray's it differently, frankly, it won't surprize me. As a matter of fact, the charge will probably be lead by "dan rather", with a follow up by al franken, and then a documentary of the debate by mickey moore. Yeah, we'll get the truth alright... HA!

GWBfan said:
Edwards relied on smarmy twists on the issues with the same cliches and rhetoric that Kerry did. Thing is, Cheney has the speaking skills to debunk that crap where Bush does not have those skills to be honest. Those of us who have half a brain have faith that W's leadership has proved itself in action not words. But with such a close race the swing vote is with the undecideds. My prayers are out there for George W Bush and his staff that they can find a way through his debate to be as eloquent and assertive on domestic as Cheney was today. Those of you who pray, please do so.
God Bless

I don't really agree that the reported 1% of swing voters is going to call the election. I think it will go to the person who brings out more of their base to the polls. This is purely my own opinion but I also think there are those out there who will vote for Bush but lie about it afterward. I remember watching Chris Matthews during the RNC make a comment that some people (democrats and independants) had told him as much in private and "off the record"..then a few on his panel agreed and said they knew people who said the same thing. Don't know...guess we will see in NOV.

On topic: Cheney kicked Edwards tail.

And on a petty note (just for the hell of it): John Edwards and his annoying cat butt pout gets on my last nerve!!! Do us a favor John,spend some of your millions to lose that mole on your lip. Oh and speaking of lips,stop licking yours every 5 seconds.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
GWBfan said:
God Bless

How many times is the "Ma Dady worked in the mill" :boohoo: going to get regurgitated.............Laughable

Bonnie said:
How many times is the "Ma Dady worked in the mill" :boohoo: going to get regurgitated.............Laughable

what's funny is, no matter WHAT question he was asked he would say 911 had no connection to Saddam. I think I counted him saying it 5 times. I was out of the room for about 5-6 minutes, so, I missed some, so if he said it more than 5....

Notice how Cheney gave a great outline on what he and Bush plan to do, and are going to try to do? All Edwards did was give his life story.

2 word summary on how the debate went last night:

Cheney ---------> :chains: <------- Edwards

fuzzykitten99 said:
i gotta pin you on this one. i want straightforward answers, not generalizations, no going off on some rabbit trail.

give specifics on what he has done so wrong, and since you think they were so wrong, you MUST have an idea on what SHOULD have been done.

and I MEAN specifics.

I am a populist, and as such there are just plain ideological differences from myself and the Bush administration dealing with the economy to moral issues.

First, the tax cuts did generate economic growth, but they benefited the rich mostly as the top 2% received 40% of the tax cut. I support Kerry's plan of raising taxes on the rich in order for social programs to get the funding back that they've lost over the four years and to apply some of that money to the deficit.

Second, the very people that Bush appointed to protect the environment were all fomer lobbyist to destroy it. Go here to learn more, http://www.nrdc.org/bushrecord/. They do a nice job of summarizing year by year so it makes for a good beginning as to how the Bush policies are ruining the environment.

Thirdly, I have been against the Iraq War since 2002. I could litterally write pages as to why I am against it. But since I doubt anyone would want to read that, here is the short of it:

We were mislead or even lied to about the existance of WMD. I believe that the sheer incompetence of the administration led to the "mistake". Condi said 2 or 3 days ago that she knew there was a debate within the intelligence community about the validity of the evidence, but she didn't bother to find out what it was. In "Plan of Attack", Colin Powell himself has doubts about the evidence. Much of the intelligence came from Chalabi, who many in the CIA at the time did not think was credible. From him, the Bush admin thought wrongly that Iraq had mobile labs and airplanes equipped with biological agents. All of which has proven to be false.

In Bush's state of the union address of 2003, he said that Iraq was trying to obtain uranium from Niger, even though the CIA had said no later in December of 2002 that that was false, and Condi claimed after the SotU that she had forgotten that Iraq didn't try to buy uranium from Niger.

Iraq had ties to al-Qaeda, much like ties could be traced to the U.S. or any country with an intelligence agency. Iraq did not directly support al-Qaeda, even Bush's Secretaries of Defense and State have said this, yet Cheney will continue saying that there were meetings btw al-Qaeda and Iraq in Italy and Bush before the war said that al-Qaeda was an "ally" of Saddam, along with numerous statements saying that al-Qaeda and Iraq were in some way connected.

The planning for the war was pathetic. Even Bremer acknowledged that more troops were needed along with generals that were involved with the prewar planning. Cheney claimed we would be greeted as liberators, with flowers thrown to us, yet only 2% of Iraqis see the U.S as liberators. In the drive to Baghdad, we went too fast and left behind the resistance we now see. If we had not been in such a hurry to secure the oil lines, we might not be facing what we do today.

In explaining what needs to be done, after the election in January, we need to begin pulling out troops while giving money and arms to the Iraqi gov't. Our presence only draws more foreign fighters and creates more of an insurgency within Iraq.

Fourth, we waited too long before going after bin Laden. I don't agree with Kerry that "outsourcing" the job of capturing him was wrong, the afghanis know the land much much better than we do. They had the better chance of capturing him, but we waited too long.

Fifth, before Iraq, Iran needed to be addressed. I would like to have seen the resistance movement supported by the U.S. and we still have time to stop Tehran from going nuclear.

Sixth, after North Korea kicked the weapons inspector out, we should have been there to stop Kim Jong Ill from obtaining nuclear weapons.

Seventh, 3 years after 9/11, our chemical, biological, and nuclear facilities are still insecure. On "60 Minutes", the reporter was able to walk into a chem/bio facility and stand next to the most dangerous chemicals in the world all without being detected by the guards until they had finally left.

Eighth, the genocide in Dafur is going on without U.S. intervention. Not only do they need humanitarian aid, especially after winter, but troops are needed to keep the peace.

Ninth, the U.S. is hated around the world due to Bush's foreign policies. You may not think this is a bad thing, but what happens if one of our unsecured nuclear reactors is hit and we need foreign support. Poland is not going to be able to help us alone.

And there you have it, 9 big reasons for me to hate the Bush presidency. I hope I didn't run off on too many rabbit trails. :D

fuzzykitten99 said:
what's funny is, no matter WHAT question he was asked he would say 911 had no connection to Saddam. I think I counted him saying it 5 times. I was out of the room for about 5-6 minutes, so, I missed some, so if he said it more than 5....

Notice how Cheney gave a great outline on what he and Bush plan to do, and are going to try to do? All Edwards did was give his life story.

2 word summary on how the debate went last night:

Cheney ---------> :chains: <------- Edwards

I would have to say my favorite comeback was when Cheney talked about Eddy's little S corp tax dodge........Sweet :mm:

Palestinian Jew said:
I am a populist, and as such there are just plain ideological differences from myself and the Bush administration dealing with the economy to moral issues.

First, the tax cuts did generate economic growth, but they benefited the rich mostly as the top 2% received 40% of the tax cut. I support Kerry's plan of raising taxes on the rich in order for social programs to get the funding back that they've lost over the four years and to apply some of that money to the deficit.

Second, the very people that Bush appointed to protect the environment were all fomer lobbyist to destroy it. Go here to learn more, http://www.nrdc.org/bushrecord/. They do a nice job of summarizing year by year so it makes for a good beginning as to how the Bush policies are ruining the environment.

Thirdly, I have been against the Iraq War since 2002. I could litterally write pages as to why I am against it. But since I doubt anyone would want to read that, here is the short of it:

We were mislead or even lied to about the existance of WMD. I believe that the sheer incompetence of the administration led to the "mistake". Condi said 2 or 3 days ago that she knew there was a debate within the intelligence community about the validity of the evidence, but she didn't bother to find out what it was. In "Plan of Attack", Colin Powell himself has doubts about the evidence. Much of the intelligence came from Chalabi, who many in the CIA at the time did not think was credible. From him, the Bush admin thought wrongly that Iraq had mobile labs and airplanes equipped with biological agents. All of which has proven to be false.

In Bush's state of the union address of 2003, he said that Iraq was trying to obtain uranium from Niger, even though the CIA had said no later in December of 2002 that that was false, and Condi claimed after the SotU that she had forgotten that Iraq didn't try to buy uranium from Niger.

Iraq had ties to al-Qaeda, much like ties could be traced to the U.S. or any country with an intelligence agency. Iraq did not directly support al-Qaeda, even Bush's Secretaries of Defense and State have said this, yet Cheney will continue saying that there were meetings btw al-Qaeda and Iraq in Italy and Bush before the war said that al-Qaeda was an "ally" of Saddam, along with numerous statements saying that al-Qaeda and Iraq were in some way connected.

The planning for the war was pathetic. Even Bremer acknowledged that more troops were needed along with generals that were involved with the prewar planning. Cheney claimed we would be greeted as liberators, with flowers thrown to us, yet only 2% of Iraqis see the U.S as liberators. In the drive to Baghdad, we went too fast and left behind the resistance we now see. If we had not been in such a hurry to secure the oil lines, we might not be facing what we do today.

In explaining what needs to be done, after the election in January, we need to begin pulling out troops while giving money and arms to the Iraqi gov't. Our presence only draws more foreign fighters and creates more of an insurgency within Iraq.

Fourth, we waited too long before going after bin Laden. I don't agree with Kerry that "outsourcing" the job of capturing him was wrong, the afghanis know the land much much better than we do. They had the better chance of capturing him, but we waited too long.

Fifth, before Iraq, Iran needed to be addressed. I would like to have seen the resistance movement supported by the U.S. and we still have time to stop Tehran from going nuclear.

Sixth, after North Korea kicked the weapons inspector out, we should have been there to stop Kim Jong Ill from obtaining nuclear weapons.

Seventh, 3 years after 9/11, our chemical, biological, and nuclear facilities are still insecure. On "60 Minutes", the reporter was able to walk into a chem/bio facility and stand next to the most dangerous chemicals in the world all without being detected by the guards until they had finally left.

Eighth, the genocide in Dafur is going on without U.S. intervention. Not only do they need humanitarian aid, especially after winter, but troops are needed to keep the peace.

Ninth, the U.S. is hated around the world due to Bush's foreign policies. You may not think this is a bad thing, but what happens if one of our unsecured nuclear reactors is hit and we need foreign support. Poland is not going to be able to help us alone.

And there you have it, 9 big reasons for me to hate the Bush presidency. I hope I didn't run off on too many rabbit trails. :D

Ok, you didn't give any REAL solutions. Just ideas, with no real suggestion as to how to come up with the funding, allocation of the funds, etc. And if the US is hated so badly, maybe we should take away our monthly welfare checks to these countries that hate us. Then they'll have a real reason. By the way, what policies to they hate?You just GENERALIZED your statement. No real examples. So far, I have yet to hear of Bush implementing any foreign policy other than he doesn't need a permission slip to pre-emptively strike an enemy on their territory, rather than them taking it to us. Tell you what. If you want the people who want to destroy our country, just because they hate our culture, let's give them your address and tell them you sympathize with them, and they can stay at your place free of charge. Then the fighting can start in YOUR BACK YARD. I've worked to hard on mine to let terrorists rip it up.

Second, the very people that Bush appointed to protect the environment were all fomer lobbyist to destroy it. Go here to learn more,

As far as this quote, can you provide another source? One source doesn't prove anything, and there are NO facts (look the word FACT up in the dictionary-it doesn't mean 'opinion') in that site. I can make a site that said the moon was hot pink, and post all I wanted to about it. But it doesn't make it true.

And the other thing that REALLY bothers me about liberals. They are hypocrites. They say that everyone should love and respect one another. But all I hear from you guys is HATE BUSH HATE BUSH HATE BUSH HATE HATE HATE, etc.

Forum List

Back