wow reading the front page of Drudge is like reading the book of Revelations

You are an idiot, and you do not have the authority to cast anyone off of a thread. Get a life, you seriously need one. Advertising is prohibited on this forum and that is all you are doing.

I think most of you atheists come here just to harrass the Christians....if you think we're idiots, then why don't you just stay away? You're not going to change our minds...and we can see your lost that we're just wasting our breath on you. Too bad......

I do get that atheists drop in to harass Christians. I see it all the time. I sometimes call them out for it, mostly in the interest of creating dialog rather than incessant fighting. And, in turn, I find that many (not all) Christian members of the board are quick to return fire.

That having been said, consider the site. It is a political site, with the majority being either left or right partisans slinging mud at one another. That's exactly what you're going to get, including in the Religion and Ethics forum. I see little respect paid between fellow Americans in the vast majority of threads, so I don't really know what your expectation is.

No one’s ‘harassing’ anyone.

When subjected to questions of fact and logic, the irrational illogic of ‘faith’ is demonstrated to be false. That’s the fault of theists who adhere blindly to their myths and fairytales, and not the fault of those asking the questions.

You are an idiot, and you do not have the authority to cast anyone off of a thread. Get a life, you seriously need one. Advertising is prohibited on this forum and that is all you are doing.

I think most of you atheists come here just to harrass the Christians....if you think we're idiots, then why don't you just stay away? You're not going to change our minds...and we can see your lost that we're just wasting our breath on you. Too bad......

I have never made any statement of what my religious belief is. But this is a discussion forum and not a billboard, and I get tired of her advertising. She is a Jehovah's Witness, and she is here to beat on the door until someone runs her off. She has been shown to be in error regarding the scriptures multiple times. I think it would be nice to have a discussion about the topic of the thread. But you can't. Enter Jeremiah stage left throwing up walls of text of her own personal bullshit.

I didn't know she's JW. And even though I don't agree with much of their beliefs and how they do things, not everything she says is wrong or crazy. There is no reason to attack someone for it. I think JW are wrong about many things....but then again, we Christians most likely aren't right about many things either. I think when the time comes, we are all going to be quite surprised about the outcome. We think we know so much, but in the end, it could be much different. But I do believe we need to really be aware of what's going on around us, especially today. I really believe it can't be that much longer until this whole world finds out the truth.

I do get that atheists drop in to harass Christians. I see it all the time. I sometimes call them out for it, mostly in the interest of creating dialog rather than incessant fighting. And, in turn, I find that many (not all) Christian members of the board are quick to return fire.

That having been said, consider the site. It is a political site, with the majority being either left or right partisans slinging mud at one another. That's exactly what you're going to get, including in the Religion and Ethics forum. I see little respect paid between fellow Americans in the vast majority of threads, so I don't really know what your expectation is.

No one’s ‘harassing’ anyone.

When subjected to questions of fact and logic, the irrational illogic of ‘faith’ is demonstrated to be false. That’s the fault of theists who adhere blindly to their myths and fairytales, and not the fault of those asking the questions.

Faith is not false....to a true believer. If you experience Faith and FEEL the difference, then you'll understand. But your heart is hard, and most likely will never feel it.

Jeremiah is only doing what she's been directed to do by God....as any of us Christians are. If someone doesn't want to hear about it, then they should get involved in the conversation.

"Jeremiah is only doing what she's been directed to do by God." :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Funny how everyone get a different message from the sky faerie commanding them to do stuff. Its called delusions and people should be put in mental institutions for such things

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion."
..........Robert M. Pirsig

You are such a lost soul....

I thought of negging you, but thought better of it. I very seldom neg someone.

I think I'll just pray for you.....:eusa_angel:

Ah, the arrogant Christian – how inconsistent, and tedious.

is it hocking fear & hate like 98% of the other conservative websites? I KNEW eXtreme Righties had their homepage set to Drudge lol

I am not a Jehovahs' Witness, Sunshine. I am a Pentacostal. Same as Pastor Dumitru Duduman was.

If you wish to discuss this video without me and join the conversation you should do it. I won't say a word. Feel free. - Jeri

So you come here to talk in tongues? Sheesh.

Has she done that yet? And know that I know she's not JW, I wonder why you just assumed she was? Sorry Sunshine....I like you. I just don't understand why you have such a hard time with Jeri, and why you are trying to keep her from speaking her mind. We all have that right, and it is a message board. She may get to be over excited about things sometimes, we all do when we're passionate about something.

"Jeremiah is only doing what she's been directed to do by God." :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Funny how everyone get a different message from the sky faerie commanding them to do stuff. Its called delusions and people should be put in mental institutions for such things

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion."
..........Robert M. Pirsig

It's not arrogance....it's knowing when someone needs prayer. There are some here on this board that need it badly. Don't worry, you won't know if I did. Unless somehow you actually start feeling your heart.

I have never made any statement of what my religious belief is. But this is a discussion forum and not a billboard, and I get tired of her advertising. She is a Jehovah's Witness, and she is here to beat on the door until someone runs her off. She has been shown to be in error regarding the scriptures multiple times. I think it would be nice to have a discussion about the topic of the thread. But you can't. Enter Jeremiah stage left throwing up walls of text of her own personal bullshit.

I was a Mormon missionary. Can I come and beat down your door?

I am not a Jehovahs' Witness, Sunshine. I am a Pentacostal. Same as Pastor Dumitru Duduman was.

If you wish to discuss this video without me and join the conversation you should do it. I won't say a word. Feel free. - Jeri

So you come here to talk in tongues? Sheesh.

Has she done that yet? And know that I know she's not JW, I wonder why you just assumed she was? Sorry Sunshine....I like you. I just don't understand why you have such a hard time with Jeri, and why you are trying to keep her from speaking her mind. We all have that right, and it is a message board. She may get to be over excited about things sometimes, we all do when we're passionate about something.

No one’s trying to keep anyone from speaking his mind.

Social conservatives and Christian fundamentalists are clearly insecure and paranoid, where they incorrectly perceive criticism as an attempt to ‘silence’ someone.

The pentecostal way of living is as oppressive to women as islam is. There are hoards of you around here. The men look quite nice, but the women are not allowed to cut their hair or their nails, and they dress for the world more like Mennonites. You choose an oppressive sect of Christianity, and think you are going to speak against oppressive sects of other religions? You make no sense at all.

Every Church with holiness standards will moderately vary according to the discretion of that particular pastor. True holiness Churches will have these common standards for women:
•Skirts below the knee. No splits in skirts or slits stopping well bellow knee.
•No jewelry, not even wedding bands.
•Pants are never worn - never. Not even to bed. Not underneath skirts. Never.
•Shirts are not to be form fitting.
•Hair is to be uncut.
•Faces to be clean without makeup.
•Women should not be dressed sloppily and unclean.
•Shirts should be high enough to never reveal cleavage, (generally, a 2 finger-width rule from the neck all around). Sleeves should cover the elbows.
•Certainly no midriff.
•Skirts shouldn't be all the way to the floor/ hippy looking.
•Essentially - women should be dressed modestly, clean, presentable, and not in a "look at me" manner.
•Our hair is our glory, and the Holy Ghost is our shining beacon, emanating the wonder and beauty of God through our shamefacedness and sobriety.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_should_a_Pentecostal_female_dress

Even muslim women wear make up and dress attractively. They are just covered in public when men other than their husbands are around.

Last edited:
I like Drudge too. Good site.

I didn't know she's JW. And even though I don't agree with much of their beliefs and how they do things, not everything she says is wrong or crazy. There is no reason to attack someone for it. I think JW are wrong about many things....but then again, we Christians most likely aren't right about many things either. I think when the time comes, we are all going to be quite surprised about the outcome. We think we know so much, but in the end, it could be much different. But I do believe we need to really be aware of what's going on around us, especially today. I really believe it can't be that much longer until this whole world finds out the truth.

especially today? :eusa_eh: Because we got a President who doesn't look like "us" & has a strange-sounding name?

what makes you so special that your "end times" will happen on your schedule?

It's not arrogance....it's knowing when someone needs prayer. There are some here on this board that need it badly. Don't worry, you won't know if I did. Unless somehow you actually start feeling your heart.

more condescension based on faith (not facts) :eusa_hand:

It’s arrogant to presume someone ‘needs’ something, that the Christian ‘knows better,’ and that Christian mythology has all the ‘answers.’

It doesn’t.

And it’s arrogant to believe otherwise, consequently it’s un-Christian.

I like Drudge too. Good site.

especially today? :eusa_eh: Because we got a President who doesn't look like "us" & has a strange-sounding name?

what makes you so special that your "end times" will happen on your schedule?

Jeri is only hopeful not sure at all. End Times will come when End Times comes. Simplest way is to live each day as if it comes quickly. That attitude makes life much more in the present and one's senses most more aware.

God is turning up the heat a little in trying to get the undecideds to repent and believe the Gospel.

Hallucinations and visions of the gods

These enthralling experiences are the culturally-variant results of neurological anomalies, as erratic and as unreal as the imagination, yet erroneously taken as authoritative by the experiencer.

Naturally, many believers maintain the untenable position that the hallucinatory experiences of their religion’s prophets are privileged, somehow exempt from the naturalistic explanations they will happily apply to the heretical delusions of the other religions’ prophets. Exemplifying this propensity is a conversation I recently had with a Christian. He conveniently found no hypocrisy in accepting the supernatural accounts in the Bible upon which his own faith is predicated, while simultaneously proposing the ingestion of psychoactive ergot (a fungus) as a dismissal of Joseph Smith’s angelic visitation – as if believing that Moses and Elijah actually appeared to Jesus, Peter and John, is somehow less preposterous than believing that the angel Moroni appeared to Smith, or that Muhammad flew to heaven on a horse. In another illustrative comparison, a fellow prison inmate was deemed delusional when he spoke of awakening nocturnally to the paralyzing presence of the luminescent Jesus; but when the apostle Peter had a nearly identical experience with angels in his prison cell two thousand years ago, his hypnopompic hallucinations were recorded as holy scripture! What distinguishes a madman from a prophet is evidently that the latter’s hallucinations are believed.

http://philosophynow.org/issues/91/H...gion_Formation

Forum List

Back