Wow, people new more about evolution in 1925 than Republicans do today!

National Film Preservation Foundation: Fifty Million Years Ago (1925)

The earth is 50 million years old?

And took thousands of years to cool down?

Hilarious!

And the dinosaurs are terribly funny. Of course it was known what some of them looked like, they had bones.

But they didn't have computer technology so they couldn't figure out that T Rex and others balanced on their hind legs, not stood upright like people.

And the one dinosaur scratching itself with it's front legs was very cartoony.

But still, they got the form right, they knew the dinosaurs was from millions of years ago and they knew the both cooled down and heated up.

A far cry from the earth being thousands of years old and people being shimmered into being from dirt.

What this shows is how the "theory" of evolution keeps.......well......evolving. It's not settled science. It's continuing exploration.

In Arizona, teaching creationism is supported by 4 of 5 Republicans who want to oversee education

Evolution wording removed from draft of Arizona school science standards

More proof Republicans will never stop with their ignorance. They only way to stop them is to defeat them at the ballot box. And for the good of the country, they MUST be defeated. Can you imagine the country if Republicans got their way and taught their ignorance to American children?

Wow, you are seriously paranoid. Whoever is paying you to post this garbage is getting ripped off.

Is it expanding in all directions or has it stopped?
It is microwave radiation, travelimg at the speed of light. It is electromagnetic radiation that became so red shifted that we now observe it as microwave radiation. Yes, it will, essentially, travel forever.

What's wrong with this picture?
Where, oh where are we supposed to be viewing that image from? What's that called?
since the Universe is expanding then space must also be expanding. Expanding into what?
That image is viewed from earth. Its a 360 degree panorama of the sky.

It doesnt make sense to ask what space is "expanding into". Thats like asking, "what is north of the north pole?"

As for "whats wrong with this picture?"...no idea what you are asking, there.

I think he's saying {...} what does the continued expansion CMB mean? Is it affecting our solar system and us?
Thanks for trying to help! But no, that's not it. At all.
Well, if others are saying the same thing, then it means there is confirmation or possibly shows a trend.
No, that's actually the common logical numbers fallacy. While seeking safety in numbers and sheltering within circling wagons makes many feel more secure, it does nothing to increase the veracity of their argument. Agreement is not confirmation, whether a trend develops or no.

What's wrong with this picture?
Where, oh where are we supposed to be viewing that image from? What's that called?
since the Universe is expanding then space must also be expanding. Expanding into what?
That image is viewed from earth. Its a 360 degree panorama of the sky.
Fair enough. Lol. My bad. Knew that. Forgot. Obviously poor excuse for me to launch into this line of inquiry here. Nonetheless,..

It doesnt make sense to ask what space is "expanding into". Thats like asking, "what is north of the north pole?"
No, that analogy completely fails. Okay, forget the picture. As I've provided, the Universe is currently defined as space plus all matter and energy. Expanding. The Universe is expanding. Nobody says North is expanding. Space is defined as equivalent in expanse to the Universe. Therefore also expanding. Expanding into what? What is beyond space? What is beyond the Universe?

It makes perfect sense to ask. What's appalling is how few people actually do.

By the way, that's just one particularly nagging question. I've got plenty more.

Last edited:
No, that analogy completely fails.
I think it works, in that it is nonsensical. And, just as there is no north of north, there is no space beyond space. Your preposition "into" derives from your very limited human mind and from your concept of space. You cannot fathom "no space", because our tiny little head computers have no concept of that. So we say flawed things and ask nonsensical questions, like yours. Believe me, i share your thoughts, and the question. But it's nonsensical nonetheless.

A possible solution more comprehensible to us is that our local universe is not "all space". It's just all the space we can observe or ever observe.

I have nagging questions as well. Why is there any normal matter at all?

Last edited:
It was completely controlled by white conservatives. Who were the Democrats in the 20s and 30s all the way up to the 60s. That’s when the white conservatives left the Democratic Party and became Republicans. At least you have to admit that today’s Republicans are white conservatives. And you know Lincoln was never a confederate.

You do know that Lincoln was never a confederate?

Precisely, dill weed. Lincoln wasn't a confederate. Your people were and your people locked up Scopes for teaching evolution which flushes your entire troll thread right down the toilet, so you can shut up now and save yourself from further embarrassment.
But Republicans are confederates. That's why you see the Confederate Flag at their conventions.

Almost every chemist, biologist, physicist, MD, electrical and mechanical engineer I know is a Republican.
So what? That means nothing.
So an education only counts if your a liberal ?
No, of course not. Because knowledge isn't conservative or liberal. It's just knowledge.

It's Republicans and conservatives who cry that it's liberal. Why? Because science refutes magical creation.

What technological advances came from science? Answer? All of them.

What technological advances came from religion? Answer? None of them.

It time to stop trying to make science somehow prove mysticism.

Besides, Republicans don't really follow traditional religion anymore.

DycjqEbX0AEGVlQ.jpg

It was completely controlled by white conservatives. Who were the Democrats in the 20s and 30s all the way up to the 60s. That’s when the white conservatives left the Democratic Party and became Republicans. At least you have to admit that today’s Republicans are white conservatives. And you know Lincoln was never a confederate.

You do know that Lincoln was never a confederate?

Precisely, dill weed. Lincoln wasn't a confederate. Your people were and your people locked up Scopes for teaching evolution which flushes your entire troll thread right down the toilet, so you can shut up now and save yourself from further embarrassment.
But Republicans are confederates. That's why you see the Confederate Flag at their conventions.

Silly.

History says otherwise, and Democrats are tearing down Confederate statues to erase their history of slavery.

They are still Confederates, who've now adopted Communism, and seek to replace the old slavery of black-to-white with the slavery of all to the State.

National Film Preservation Foundation: Fifty Million Years Ago (1925)

The earth is 50 million years old?

And took thousands of years to cool down?

Hilarious!

And the dinosaurs are terribly funny. Of course it was known what some of them looked like, they had bones.

But they didn't have computer technology so they couldn't figure out that T Rex and others balanced on their hind legs, not stood upright like people.

And the one dinosaur scratching itself with it's front legs was very cartoony.

But still, they got the form right, they knew the dinosaurs was from millions of years ago and they knew the both cooled down and heated up.

A far cry from the earth being thousands of years old and people being shimmered into being from dirt.

What this shows is how the "theory" of evolution keeps.......well......evolving. It's not settled science. It's continuing exploration.

In Arizona, teaching creationism is supported by 4 of 5 Republicans who want to oversee education

Evolution wording removed from draft of Arizona school science standards

More proof Republicans will never stop with their ignorance. They only way to stop them is to defeat them at the ballot box. And for the good of the country, they MUST be defeated. Can you imagine the country if Republicans got their way and taught their ignorance to American children?

They also KNEW how to spell back then too.

What's your excuse, moron!

No, that analogy completely fails.
I think it works, in that it is nonsensical. And, just as there is no north of north, there is no space beyond space. Your preposition "into" derives from your very limited human mind and from your concept of space. You cannot fathom "no space", because our tiny little head computers have no concept of that. So we say flawed things and ask nonsensical questions, like yours. Believe me, i share your thoughts, and the question. But it's nonsensical nonetheless.
I'd agree that language often proves frustrating and seemingly insufficient. I don't find that a significant factor here. Rather, the "nonsense" is all yours. You keep leaping to conclusions with no help from me. You alone have declared north of north nonsensical. Decided that that tangential personal deduction somehow relates directly to my question. Declared "there is no space beyond space." In truth I simply don't presume either space or "no space" unfathomable. Same regarding the Universe and beyond.
A possible solution more comprehensible to us is that our local universe is not "all space". It's just all the space we can observe or ever observe.
Only "A possible solution" to the question if one deliberately ignores the textbook premises. Don't simply kneejerk attack the question or questioner. Don't beat yourself up either. Try instead to reasonably answer questions asked reasonably.
I have nagging questions as well. Why is there any normal matter at all?
Not at all assured you really want to know. The short answer is probability. For the long answer.. years of reading may help with the required deprogramming...
ex·pand
/ikˈspand/

verb
  1. become or make larger or more extensive.
    "their business expanded into other hotels and properties"
    synonyms: increase in size, become larger, enlarge; More
    • PHYSICS
      (of the universe) undergo a continuous change whereby, according to theory based on observed redshifts, all the galaxies recede from one another.
See? "expanded into" "recede from".. Neither my words nor "nonsense."
By definition. That's why it begs to be questioned, and it truly takes a modern physicist to define "expand" as "recede from". Lol :)

I don't find that a significant factor here.
Then you're wrong. You don't have to take my word for it. Ask a physicist what space is "expanding into". You will get the same answer.

Only "A possible solution" to the question if one deliberately ignores the textbook premises.
Which premises are those? Let me clarify for you. You refer only to one premise, in defining "universe" as "all space there is". But there is no reason toto stay beholden to that,other than intransigence. And the way that dedinition is being presented by you is not really violated anyway. We can reatain that definition, and still talk about our local universe, or local "subverse".

Not at all assured you really want to know. The short answer is probability. For the long answer.. years of reading may help with the required deprogramming...
Now you are bloviating. You dont know the answer. If you say you do, you are lying.

See? "expanded into
Yes, I am aware of what the phrase means. Its meaning is why it is nonsensical to ask what space is "expanding into".

Last edited:
To be very clear, you continue to simply dodge the question. Your speculations regarding what you or I can possibly fathom are neither here nor there. There's no question that "space" and "the Universe" are commonly described, defined, and understood in simple three dimensional terms by and for everyone exactly as I've provided. By physicists in particular whose use of the same descriptions are all over the internet. No call, reason, nor need to ask any one in particular. "Expanding into what?" is in no sense silly, nonsense, nor a trick question. It's straightforward deductive reasoning. Quit dodging it.

Youre behavior is odd. You didn't really address the points at all.
That would be you. I'm still patiently waiting...

There's no question that "space" and "the Universe" are commonly described, defined, and understood in simple three dimensional terms by and for everyone exactly as I've provided.
Then by your own insistence, your question is nonsensical. If universe means "all space there is", then the question, "what is the universe expanding into" is nonsensical. How do you not get this?

Furthermore, if you were asking honestly, then you would stop nipping at my ankles and go look up (and even present) some speculative answers to the question. But you haven't. That shows that you are not engaging in honest inquiry, but rather a little game to amuse yourself.

Forum List

Back