Wow, people new more about evolution in 1925 than Republicans do today!

Wrong. Some guesses are much better than others. No, your guess is not as valid as a cosmologist's "guess". So no, it's not "anyone's guess".
Yes, it is. We cannot go back in time to see what actually happened...

Which theories are not falsifiable? Name a couple.
The Big Bang Theory
The Theory of Abiogenesis
The Theory of Evolution

Btw, evolution is as 'proven' as anything can be proven. It is an accepted fact.
No, it is not 'proven'... Neither religion nor science can be proven; they are open functional systems. They don't make use of proofs.

Evolution is the theory that present day life arose from the mutations of earlier life forms. That theory is not falsifiable, as we cannot use a time machine to see what actually happened all those years ago. Science has NO theories about past unobserved events...

Also, a fact is NOT a universal truth, nor is it a proof. A 'fact' is simply an assumed predicate. Facts are useful for speeding up conversations...

National Film Preservation Foundation: Fifty Million Years Ago (1925)

The earth is 50 million years old?

And took thousands of years to cool down?

Hilarious!

And the dinosaurs are terribly funny. Of course it was known what some of them looked like, they had bones.

But they didn't have computer technology so they couldn't figure out that T Rex and others balanced on their hind legs, not stood upright like people.

And the one dinosaur scratching itself with it's front legs was very cartoony.

But still, they got the form right, they knew the dinosaurs was from millions of years ago and they knew the both cooled down and heated up.

A far cry from the earth being thousands of years old and people being shimmered into being from dirt.

What this shows is how the "theory" of evolution keeps.......well......evolving. It's not settled science. It's continuing exploration.

In Arizona, teaching creationism is supported by 4 of 5 Republicans who want to oversee education

Evolution wording removed from draft of Arizona school science standards

More proof Republicans will never stop with their ignorance. They only way to stop them is to defeat them at the ballot box. And for the good of the country, they MUST be defeated. Can you imagine the country if Republicans got their way and taught their ignorance to American children?

But they didn't know many of them had feathers.

Cool film though.

No, it is not 'proven'...
Its as 'proven' as anyhthing can proven. Same with electromagneitc theory. But you go ahead and stick a fork in a toasterand let me know if you falsify electromagnetic theory.

By the way, You're a troll.

Maybe... maybe not...

And took thousands of years to cool down?
Maybe... maybe not...

Hilarious!
Why?

And the dinosaurs are terribly funny. Of course it was known what some of them looked like, they had bones.

But they didn't have computer technology so they couldn't figure out that T Rex and others balanced on their hind legs, not stood upright like people.

And the one dinosaur scratching itself with it's front legs was very cartoony.

But still, they got the form right, they knew the dinosaurs was from millions of years ago and they knew the both cooled down and heated up.
Maybe... maybe not...

A far cry from the earth being thousands of years old and people being shimmered into being from dirt.
That's not impossible...

What this shows is how the "theory" of evolution keeps.......well......evolving.
It IS a theory, and it is not a scientific one. It is a religion. It may or may not be true. We have no way to test the null hypothesis of that theory, since we can't go back in time to observe what actually happened... Theories do not "evolve"...

It's not settled science. It's continuing exploration.
There is no such thing as "settled science". Science is NEVER "settled"... It is a set of falsifiable theories; that's all science is.

Inversion Fallacy. YOU are the one being ignorant, as you think you know for sure what is true and what is false concerning evolution and the age of the Earth. Those are religious beliefs; they can only be accepted/rejected on a faith basis.

Believe what you will; I am not here to tell you what to believe, but simply that your reasoning for your beliefs is fallacious (bad reasoning)...

They only way to stop them is to defeat them at the ballot box. And for the good of the country, they MUST be defeated. Can you imagine the country if Republicans got their way and taught their ignorance to American children?
They already teach their beliefs to their children... So do leftists... Some children stick by all or most of their parents' beliefs, while others don't...

Fascinating. Someone who's developed a healthy understanding and respect for logic yet apparently remains utterly clueless as to the power and ramifications of applied probability. Carbon dating, for example. While one may argue with the accuracy or precision of particular calculations and/or measurements, there's always a limit (yes, in real life) derivable to some extent from logic just as the limits in calculus apply to ranges specified and logically applicable under an integral. Math is not dependent upon human existence. Probability is reality. With no one around we actually "know" that a tree falling in a forest makes a sound due to the probability of it not doing so being so vanishingly remote mathematically. Flying Spaghetti Monsters no longer needed nor called for.

Last edited:
Intelligent Design "theory" is rooted in arrogant denial, feelings, and ironic illogic. In a relative information vacuum, us strongly feeling the need for a supernatural explanation for things that at first appear extremely unlikely is understandable. However, it's not a derivation from sound logic. Rather, it comes from our very human needs and emotions. Fear induced ones mostly. Again, ironically considering how ID is so often introduced as though inspired from a superior appreciation of beauty or some such nonsense. The obvious counter to "It's so beautiful and unlikely, it simply must result from some higher form of intelligence!" is "How do you know there weren't a zillion more random possible outcomes that weren't even more beautiful?" Something had to result (due to probability), no? What's really so unlikely about all this? "Oh, hwell, just look at all the other planets.. they're so dead and ugly by comparison, silly boy!" Are they really now? You mean from the perspective of most humans? How convenient of you! Arrogant! Fallaciously circular and self-fulfilling!

eta: In the beginning there was human ignorance. As time marched on we learned a thing or two. Then came math, logic, and scientific inquiry. Soon much that was abstract became far less so, if not plain. The need for supernatural explanations diminished tremendously,.. though, obviously,.. a fuck ton of people have yet to notice!

Last edited:
Your confusing straight with Republican.

tumblr-ld67v8-BZQx1qac1hko1-500-1.jpg

Wrong. Some guesses are much better than others. No, your guess is not as valid as a cosmologist's "guess". So no, it's not "anyone's guess".
Yes, it is. We cannot go back in time to see what actually happened...

Which theories are not falsifiable? Name a couple.
The Big Bang Theory
The Theory of Abiogenesis
The Theory of Evolution

Btw, evolution is as 'proven' as anything can be proven. It is an accepted fact.
No, it is not 'proven'... Neither religion nor science can be proven; they are open functional systems. They don't make use of proofs.

Evolution is the theory that present day life arose from the mutations of earlier life forms. That theory is not falsifiable, as we cannot use a time machine to see what actually happened all those years ago. Science has NO theories about past unobserved events...

Also, a fact is NOT a universal truth, nor is it a proof. A 'fact' is simply an assumed predicate. Facts are useful for speeding up conversations...
Somethings aren’t a theory. There are things that can be measured and even looked at.

CMB-NASA-WMAP-Science-Team-2012-2jdu0s2.png

Do you know what that is?

I’m using the speak feature on my phone and sometimes when my eyes review it I just don’t notice. No big deal.
There is a sight to behold I bet. Babbling incoherently into a phone on a dozen threads simultaneously with spittle flying out your mouth.

Maybe slow down and do a little proof reading. The delay wouldn't mean anything as you are convincing no one.

I’m using the speak feature on my phone and sometimes when my eyes review it I just don’t notice. No big deal.
There is a sight to behold I bet. Babbling incoherently into a phone on a dozen threads simultaneously with spittle flying out your mouth.

Maybe slow down and do a little proof reading. The delay wouldn't mean anything as you are convincing no one.
It’s only Babble when it it’s lies. And I don’t believe in lying. I believe lying is wrong. And that’s why I post with links with most everything I post. I’m in love with evidence.

It’s only Babble when it it’s lies. And I don’t believe in lying. I believe lying is wrong. And that’s why I post with links with most everything I post. I’m in love with evidence.
I think that attitude is great. Add laughing at yourself for your own mistakes, especially when pointed out by others so humorously.

Threads like this provide valuable insight into the true nature of the political left. All that stuff about inclusion, tolerance and diversity is a lie. Beneath the facade, they're full of hate towards God and arrogant contempt for their fellow man.

Threads like this provide valuable insight into the true nature of the political left. All that stuff about inclusion, tolerance and diversity is a lie. Beneath the facade, they're full of hate towards God and arrogant contempt for their fellow man.
Many scientists have mystical beliefs.

They believe you can believe in both the spiritual and the natural.

But your kind is dangerous. Your ignorance and judgemental nature is what harms the country. If we listened to your kind, this country would be ripe for the picking. That is why your kind must be defeated at the ballot box. For the safety of both the nation and the world.

Forum List

Back