WOW! HHS finally recommends downgrading Cannabis from a Schedule 1 to a Schedule III narcotic!

Which is why we should be banning alcohol, tobacco and many prescription drugs (when not under immediate medical supervision).

And what difference will it make? People will just get them illegally.

It's not like the US has done a good job of banning other drugs, is it?

Yeah, and that WAR has been happening for decades... and still the US will never win it.
I it hasn’t. When’s the last time you had an A-10 swing in over your neighborhood and decimate the local drug house with its weapons systems? Or watched the local drug dealer get sniped by the local SWAT team while he’s out to dinner with his family?

I haven't heard if they have upgraded Fentanyl from Schedule II to Schedule I yet. They probably need to see another hundred thousand US citizens die from it first. However you feel about Pot, and it does have negative properties, it is an effective pain killer and a dozen people a day aren't dying from it. The only reason it was Schedule I for so long was to protect Big Pharma pain pill sales.

The move to Schddule I isn’t supposed to depend on the number of deaths, but whether there’s any medical use for the drug.

There is no, zero reason to deny a person in chronic pain access to medical pot and any state that does deny that person is PROMOTING people DUFFER.

It's beyond winnable. It's rampant. A fixture of our society for decad s upon future decades.

And someone should have realized that people want to live in a fantasy world. The politicians are literally trying to create their own fantasy worlds, why not allow certain drugs to be used legally, and then you might reduce the amount of really bad drugs in use.

Or, even allow the use of hard drugs, but make special places for them.

1) You have to tell your health insurance company, or they tell the insurance company automatically.
2) You do it in a place with people to watch over you and make sure things don't get real bad.

I haven't heard if they have upgraded Fentanyl from Schedule II to Schedule I yet. They probably need to see another hundred thousand US citizens die from it first. However you feel about Pot, and it does have negative properties, it is an effective pain killer and a dozen people a day aren't dying from it. The only reason it was Schedule I for so long was to protect Big Pharma pain pill sales.

This is always been the stupidest law.

I have no problem with a nation deciding that a certain level of harm caused by substances is too much. Look at the devastation of opium on the 19th century Chinese. But once you've established an acceptable level of harm, logically anything that is LESS dangerous than that should also be legal.

If going 65 is legal, then surely going 63 is.

In what world is weed more dangerous than alcohol?

I it hasn’t. When’s the last time you had an A-10 swing in over your neighborhood and decimate the local drug house with its weapons systems? Or watched the local drug dealer get sniped by the local SWAT team while he’s out to dinner with his family?

Why, only yesterday while I was sipping my molotov cocktail.

The reality is that the war was happened all over, the fighting, a lot of it, was happening in places like Colombia, in the skies between Colombia and the US....

Look at the devastation of opium on the 19th century Chinese.

The devastation was largely economic. The British only accepted silver for opium and the result was a drain on China's silver reserves.

The devastation was largely economic. The British only accepted silver for opium and the result was a drain on China's silver reserves.

The Brits wanted Chinese silver. The Chinese didn't want the products made in the UK. They made better products locally. So the Brits sought a product that they could find a market for in China for literal decades, finally finding opium to trade for the silver.

When the Chinese tried to stop the trade due to the damage to their country, the British, in the name of 'freedom' and 'free trade', attacked the Chinese in the Opium Wars in the 1800s.

Literally forcing opium onto the Chinese markets. The British were fucking drug dealers, holding again to the head of their customers.

Thank you. I generally get attacked mercilessly for that stance.

Especially since I have never and will never use the product myself, in any form. Even though I suffer from three conditions (epilepsy, glaucoma, and anxiety/PTSD) which it is routinely prescribed for.
Those prescriptions are a ruse. I used it and found out the hard way that it was made illegal for good reason.

Pot isn't great, but Big Pharma is a scourge. 100%

It's OK to be stoned. I dreamed last night I was with a friend and there was no need to hide it. There never was in reality.
:itsok:

He was trying to do some hard drug stuff on the side and that was a factor in the dream.
With that Fentanyl stuff, fuck all that. That's a hard pass.

Did you think that song was about getting stoned on drugs?

No.

It's about throwing rocks. Listen carefully.

It's funny you mention this as I was just thinking, as I awake with yet another migraine, that maybe such options would help wth my pain. How is this such a serious issue in the U.S? Amsterdam made an industry out of this plant since the 1980s!
:safetocomeoutff: Cuz our gov is painful .......and they realize they're painful.......~S~

Forum List

Back