WOW! HHS finally recommends downgrading Cannabis from a Schedule 1 to a Schedule III narcotic!

I haven't heard if they have upgraded Fentanyl from Schedule II to Schedule I yet. They probably need to see another hundred thousand US citizens die from it first. However you feel about Pot, and it does have negative properties, it is an effective pain killer and a dozen people a day aren't dying from it. The only reason it was Schedule I for so long was to protect Big Pharma pain pill sales.

No.
The reason it was made Sched 1 in the early 70s was to give LE an inroad into the "hippie movement."
A Hoover thing.

As for fentanyl, it is a commonly used sedative for surgery. Thus it has both medical and therapeutic uses.

The fentanyl "crisis" is a self induced wound. Pharma got people hooked on opioids then the govt said "clean it up" so the addicts turned to heroin. When the heroin supply dried up via enforcement people turned to fentanyl which should never ever be taken outside the presence of a trained anesthesiologist. We created the market and capitalists filled the demand.

Morons.
Cannabis causes psychosis, psychotic episodes, anxiety disorders, depersonalization disorders, clinical depression and cannaboid hyperemesis, etc.
HHS getting really stupid at the wrong time.

Alcohol causes psychosis, psychotic episodes, anxiety disorders, depersonalization disorders, clinical depression and alcoholic hyperemesis, etc.

Morons.
Cannabis causes psychosis, psychotic episodes, anxiety disorders, depersonalization disorders, clinical depression and cannaboid hyperemesis, etc.
Excessive use of milk can cause digestive problems. Should we ban milk?
Alcohol abuse, sniffing paint...should these products also be banned?

People will abuse but given the enforcement costs and the positive impacts of legalized weed the negatives are minimal.

I have some training in this area and I honestly don't know if cannabis should remain a Schedule II drug or if it should be in Schedule III since significantly fewer people become addicted to it than with most Schedule II narcotics. But it does have some symptoms for most people who use it that merits making it a controlled substance, certainly to the degree alcohol is.

And when you see somebody who is hopelessly addicted to cannabis, it isn't pretty. I have a relative who has such heavy scarring on her lungs from chain smoking pot, she likely won't see many more birthdays. But she can't stop and so far refuses to get help to break her addiction.
It's a schedule I now.

You misunderstood the analogy.
It’s about the propensity of damage caused by asbestos compared with the propensity of damage caused by pot. The pot damage is to the brain (though smoking a joint per lung damage is equivalent to smoking seven cigarettes) and the damage caused by asbestos is to the lungs.
Hey, all this crap you're posting, back it up with scientific articles that isn't bullshit.

Why not? Democrats have been co-opted by Marxists.
Number6…

The 11 Point Plan of the Frankfurt School​

1. The creation of racism offenses.

2. Continual change to create confusion.

3. The teaching of sex and homosexuality to children.

4. The undermining of schools’ and teachers’ authority.

5. Huge immigration to destroy identity.

6. The promotion of excessive drinking.

7. Emptying of churches.

8. An unreliable legal system with bias against victims of crime.

9. Dependency on the state or state benefits.

10. Control and dumbing down of media.

11. Encouraging the breakdown of the family.

It's a schedule I now.
The government is full of shit.

Medically, this government is more ignorant than a six year old child.

Marijuana is NOT a narcotic. Never has been. It was mislabeled by the ignorant fedtards from Day One.

Listen - the simple answer for ALL THINGS MEDICAL from this government is: we will not comply.

Take your masks and stuff em, and take your schedules and wipe your butt with them.

I'm in charge of medicine, not the government.

Why not? Democrats have been co-opted by Marxists.
Number6…

The 11 Point Plan of the Frankfurt School​

1. The creation of racism offenses.

2. Continual change to create confusion.

3. The teaching of sex and homosexuality to children.

4. The undermining of schools’ and teachers’ authority.

5. Huge immigration to destroy identity.

6. The promotion of excessive drinking.

7. Emptying of churches.

8. An unreliable legal system with bias against victims of crime.

9. Dependency on the state or state benefits.

10. Control and dumbing down of media.

11. Encouraging the breakdown of the family.
I'm still in the legalize it category. The RNC should have embraced a libertarian philosophy, rather than the draconian democrook one long ago. Now the democrooks will get credit for enhancing freedom, after fighting for decades to suppress it.

Same with the civil rights act. They fought it for decades, finally give up and support it. Then get all the credit.

The government is full of shit.

Medically, this government is more ignorant than a six year old child.

Marijuana is NOT a narcotic. Never has been. It was mislabeled by the ignorant fedtards from Day One.

Listen - the simple answer for ALL THINGS MEDICAL from this government is: we will not comply.

Take your masks and stuff em, and take your schedules and wipe your butt with them.

I'm in charge of medicine, not the government.
For what reason did you get so huffy? I am and have always been an advocate for marijuana, in fact I have a medicinal card. So the above you should have posted on one of these clowns posting that it will drive you crazy.

I'm still in the legalize it category. The RNC should have embraced a libertarian philosophy, rather than the draconian democrook one long ago. Now the democrooks will get credit for enhancing freedom, after fighting for decades to suppress it.

Same with the civil rights act. They fought it for decades, finally give up and support it. Then get all the credit.
Problem with legalization is what has already happened with decriminalization: more young people admitted to emergency rooms, more traffic fatalities and for people like me, having to carry an air filtration mask to protect myself from public pot smokers who are clueless about the risks from pot. And the concentrations are as much as 25 times as intense as they were in the 1970’s when it turned on me.

Morons.
Those arent terrible side effects when compared to alcohol.

"High blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, liver disease, and digestive problems. Cancer of the breast, mouth, throat, esophagus, voice box, liver, colon, and rectum. Weakening of the immune system, increasing the chances of getting sick. Learning and memory problems, including dementia and poor school performance."

Excessive use of milk can cause digestive problems. Should we ban milk?
Alcohol abuse, sniffing paint...should these products also be banned?

People will abuse but given the enforcement costs and the positive impacts of legalized weed the negatives are minimal.
The cost of ruined lives for the crime of smoking pot,
the heavy cost of courts jail & prison
, A down grade of rating could be a plus for both smokers & tax payers.

I haven't heard if they have upgraded Fentanyl from Schedule II to Schedule I yet. They probably need to see another hundred thousand US citizens die from it first. However you feel about Pot, and it does have negative properties, it is an effective pain killer and a dozen people a day aren't dying from it. The only reason it was Schedule I for so long was to protect Big Pharma pain pill sales.

They should legalize all drugs!

Forum List

Back