Wow! Bonuses! Uh, who is actually getting those bonuses? Who do you think?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Retention Bonus

What Employers Will Worry About in 2017

How Not To Retain Talent In A Low Unemployment Environment

Low Unemployment Rate Sparks New Tactics for Recruiters

20 Surprising Employee Retention Statistics You Need to Know

Roll Out A Stay Bonus To Retain Employees And Help Sell Your Company

State of the Union fact check: Trump claim on tax-cut bonuses for workers is largely true
But "the tax cuts are modest for most middle-class taxpayers and small businesses," Zandi said in an email. Plus, "they expire. And of course they are paid for by bigger budget deficits and more government debt."

Only a small slice of corporate America has shared tax savings with workers so far

Companies announce layoffs alongside tax cut bonuses

---------------------------------------

So what does it all mean?

Well, we know unemployment has been falling steadily since 2010.

We also know that during times of low unemployment worker retention is difficult. And unemployment is heading towards 3.5% which means that worker retention becomes a problem.

Even as I write this, I'm watching Trump taut his tax plan and the fact that 3 million are getting bonuses. Wow, three million out of what? 154 million workers? So what is that? around 1.7% of workers?
It's a lot of people.

united-states-employed-persons.png

So it's nice that a few people compared to the actual number of workers are getting a bonus.

So is it worth it? To the rich, to corporations and to the people getting bonuses, I'm sure the tax cuts are worth it.

But if you aren't getting a tax cut, the debt has grown by two trillion and it will be passed on to your kids.

So for everyone else, is it worth it? What if it costs you your healthcare? Does that make it better?

So I guess if I weren't retired and my boss got a bonus, I would be happy for him.

Waah....people are keeping more of their own money.....waah....
corporations are giving bonuses....waah.....

It is evil to let people keep and spend their money as they like!

How in hell are we going support those that do not want to work and believe society owes them something for being born!?!

Wow! Bonuses! Uh, who is actually getting those bonuses? Who do you think?

everyone BUT YOU!!!!! :113:

I thought I heard someone whining over here about taxpayers getting money back from the government.

Retention Bonus

State of the Union fact check: Trump claim on tax-cut bonuses for workers is largely true
But "the tax cuts are modest for most middle-class taxpayers and small businesses," Zandi said in an email. Plus, "they expire. And of course they are paid for by bigger budget deficits and more government debt."

Only a small slice of corporate America has shared tax savings with workers so far

We also know that during times of low unemployment worker retention is difficult. And unemployment is heading towards 3.5% which means that worker retention becomes a problem.

Even as I write this, I'm watching Trump taut his tax plan and the fact that 3 million are getting bonuses. Wow, three million out of what? 154 million workers? So what is that? around 1.7% of workers?
It's a lot of people.

So it's nice that a few people compared to the actual number of workers are getting a bonus.

So is it worth it? To the rich, to corporations and to the people getting bonuses, I'm sure the tax cuts are worth it.

But if you aren't getting a tax cut, the debt has grown by two trillion and it will be passed on to your kids.

So for everyone else, is it worth it? What if it costs you your healthcare? Does that make it better?

So I guess if I weren't retired and my boss got a bonus, I would be happy for him.

I got $1,000 after the tax cuts were announced. Then I just found out two days ago I am getting another $10,500 performance bonus as part of my yearly review. I also got a 3% raise and a 4% 401k match

Why so angry, bro?

Retention Bonus

It's a lot of people.

Rderp is still pisses he doesn't get a raise ..

Lololololol

• Banned
I know some people who got those unexpected bonuses.

Now they are saying "4 more years!"
I'm guessing you are lying.

3 million out of 154 million is like 1.7%.

The odds of you knowing anyone like that is slim. Especially since you live in your mom's basement.

The odds of you knowing anyone like that is slim. Especially since you live in your mom's basement.
It seems that you are talking about yourself again. :rolleyes:

Anyone here can search my posts all the way back to when I joined USMB in 2010 and they will not find any lies. And I'm not going to start now because I firmly believe that if you have to lie in order to justify your political position, it is infinitely easier and wiser to simply change that position rather than attempt to change the immutable facts.

I know folks who work at major employers here in Toledo such as Kroger and 5/3rd bank. They received unexpected and politically enlightening $1000 bonuses. And yes, a couple of my friends did celebrate by chanting "4 more years" when I asked what they think about president Trump now.

And I certainly didn't forget to inform them that the Democrats in congress who constantly try to portray themselves as the champions of the working class unanimously voted against them getting even a few percent tax break.

“Uh, who is actually getting those bonuses?”

Uh, people with jobs?

Know any!

Anyone here can search my posts all the way back to when I joined USMB in 2010 and they will not find any lies. And I'm not going to start now because I firmly believe that if you have to lie in order to justify your political position, it is infinitely easier and wiser to simply change that position rather than attempt to change the immutable facts.

I know folks who work at major employers here in Toledo such as Kroger and 5/3rd bank. They received unexpected and politically enlightening $1000 bonuses. And yes, a couple of my friends did celebrate by chanting "4 more years" when I asked what they think about president Trump now.

And I certainly didn't forget to inform them that the Democrats in congress who constantly try to portray themselves as the champions of the working class unanimously voted against them getting even a few percent tax break.

A one grand bonus is chump change. I got a twenty-five grand bonus twenty years ago but gave ten grand back. I told the boss that is too much money and gave the fifteen grand to my ex. I am different than most people and refused a Bronze Star in Nam.

A one grand bonus is chump change. I got a twenty-five grand bonus twenty years ago but gave ten grand back. I told the boss that is too much money and gave the fifteen grand to my ex. I am different than most people and refused a Bronze Star in Nam.

Uh, huh.

Uh, huh.

Ahh, you don't believe me which is expected. I never lie and only tell the truth. Contrary to what Dr. Phil says that all people lie.

edit: If I call you a stupid dumb fuck guess what you are?

Last edited:
So proud of all the bonuses. Ask a Republicans if they got a bonus, they will say, any day now. Ask a Republican if they know someone who got a bonus, some will say my boss.

So proud of all the bonuses. Ask a Republicans if they got a bonus, they will say, any day now. Ask a Republican if they know someone who got a bonus, some will say my boss.

Waah.....people get to keep more of their own money...waah.....people are getting bonuses.

Vote Democrat in 2018, we'll reverse all that.

Forum List

Back