Wow.. another news article with bleak economic forecast..

consensus of economist still forecast 2 to 3% growth. Fear sells, good news get's ignored in this cycle.

Consensus from the obama administration you mean. Get away from those type and you get a real feel of how poorly we're doing.

Fears that economic recovery is fizzling grew yesterday after the government and private sector issued weak reports on a number of fronts.
Economic recovery faltering, data suggest - The Boston Globe

The sad part is that yes, the economy WILL continue to fizzle as long as there continues to be article after article after article predicting (projecting) that it will. Why would anyone want to invest in America when the entire financial media tells us it ain't worth it? One would think it would be in the financial sector's best interests to put a better face forward.

So can all of the gloomy forecasting be, gasp, politically generated? You betcha. The political conservatives would love nothing more than to see the economy tank, again. After all, they are recalling George H.W. Bush's second term loss which resulted because of "It's the economy, stupid" and are salivating over being able to use the same mantra against incumbent Obama. In my opinion, most people had no clue back in 1989 what that even meant. It was so cleverly worded that it brought down the succesor to Reagan who had in reality done a lot to "fix" the deficit left by Reagan. (Sound familiar?)

consensus of economist still forecast 2 to 3% growth. Fear sells, good news get's ignored in this cycle.

Consensus from the obama administration you mean. Get away from those type and you get a real feel of how poorly we're doing.

Fears that economic recovery is fizzling grew yesterday after the government and private sector issued weak reports on a number of fronts.

The sad part is that yes, the economy WILL continue to fizzle as long as there continues to be article after article after article predicting (projecting) that it will. Why would anyone want to invest in America when the entire financial media tells us it ain't worth it? One would think it would be in the financial sector's best interests to put a better face forward.

So can all of the gloomy forecasting be, gasp, politically generated? You betcha. The political conservatives would love nothing more than to see the economy tank, again. After all, they are recalling George H.W. Bush's second term loss which resulted because of "It's the economy, stupid" and are salivating over being able to use the same mantra against incumbent Obama. In my opinion, most people had no clue back in 1989 what that even meant. It was so cleverly worded that it brought down the succesor to Reagan who had in reality done a lot to "fix" the deficit left by Reagan. (Sound familiar?)

No mags... conservatives don't want to see the economy fail... but we did tell everyone that Obama and his policies would indeed be bad for the economy... which he undoubtedly has been

8 Problems That Could Trigger a Double-Dip Recession - Yahoo! Finance

And not a winger source either.. this makes about 7 articles I have seen in the past month, in the mainstream media that usually kisses Obama and the left's butt, where the forecast is much different than what we hear in most places (including from the fat left wing nutjobs on this board)

Thoughts?

Two initial reactions:

- It's so bad that even the loyal left is getting scared as they see their friends and acquaintances enduring long term unemployment.

- The Obama Administration is over correcting to set very low expectations so that anything that is marginally better can be claimed as being due to their Big Government policies. (It will be telling where they target the remaining $400B of Stimulus funds over the next few months).

$400 billion? Picked a number out of the air did ya? It's $49 billion left and that is earmarked for further tax cuts (probably more for small businesses). Or it might be used for another unemployment benefit extension.

I look to economist as a group for forecast not some reporter who gets paid by the page of doom and gloom. To each his own. What I stated is fact and easliy looked up.

The weak economic numbers don't line up with what your posting. just sayin'.....
Maybe Topspin is really Baghdad Bob...??
"Don't worryz! Everythingz is fine!! Economyz is good!!! Major Important Economist tellz me zat!! "
bagdad_bob_large.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Yeah mags.. I'll wait for a credible source

That's a copy of the article. If you go directly to the link, he has sourced material linked. Why should one economist be unbelievable and yet another one believable? Try actually READING it. No guaranteeing that it would improve the mood of those like you who are so filled with anger that you don't WANT the economy to improve, however.

Morning Is Coming

That's a copy of the article. If you go directly to the link, he has sourced material linked. Why should one economist be unbelievable and yet another one believable? Try actually READING it. No guaranteeing that it would improve the mood of those like you who are so filled with anger that you don't WANT the economy to improve, however.

Morning Is Coming

I did read it.. and the source commentary is about as credible on political insight as TMZ

I do not just consider a source credible because they have a story that agrees with my own personal conclusions

And as stated.. it is not that conservatives do not want the economy to improve... we were at least smart enough though, to know that Obama and his types of politics and policies were not going to be good for the economy

No mags... conservatives don't want to see the economy fail... but we did tell everyone that Obama and his policies would indeed be bad for the economy... which he undoubtedly has been

Because you say so? Or your preferred articles say so? What guarantees were there that if the fixes were NOT put in place the economy would have been just swell? What "plans" did the Republican have to offer to fix it, going back to the beginning, other than their stupid sloganeering of "let the market forces take care of the problem"? It was, after all, private enterprises that fucked it all up.

I look to economist as a group for forecast not some reporter who gets paid by the page of doom and gloom. To each his own. What I stated is fact and easliy looked up.

The weak economic numbers don't line up with what your posting. just sayin'.....
Maybe Topspin is really Baghdad Bob...??
"Don't worryz! Everythingz is fine!! Economyz is good!!! Major Important Economist tellz me zat!! "
bagdad_bob_large.gif

And another idiot completely loses his mind. Like HUH???

Because you say so? Or your preferred articles say so? What guarantees were there that if the fixes were NOT put in place the economy would have been just swell? What "plans" did the Republican have to offer to fix it, going back to the beginning, other than their stupid sloganeering of "let the market forces take care of the problem"? It was, after all, private enterprises that fucked it all up.

I could have posted all kinds of winger articles... showing some commentary on the horrible economic policies... much like you did with this TNR story.... but I do not cite sources without credibility... I posted this one because it is from the mainstream media and a credible source... and while you may not agree with the conclusions, it is indeed much more palatable than some joe blow source

Yeah... it was all the 'private enterprises' that were solely responsible for the economy fucking up :rolleyes:

Go have a talk with Barney Frank, Bush II, and many others past and present on the POLITICAL side that had MUCH to do with the current economic situation

What a partisan tool you are

Morning Is Coming

I did read it.. and the source commentary is about as credible on political insight as TMZ

I do not just consider a source credible because they have a story that agrees with my own personal conclusions

And as stated.. it is not that conservatives do not want the economy to improve... we were at least smart enough though, to know that Obama and his types of politics and policies were not going to be good for the economy

You read the sources? And they're tantamount to TMZ? My god you are full of youself.

Embedded links:

U.S. Department of Commerce. Bureau of Economic Analysis

Moody's
Moody's Economy.com Survey of Business Confidence :: Dismal Scientist

Who’s Spending Again? The Rich and the Old - Economix Blog - NYTimes.com

http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/bulletin/2009/pdf/scf09.pdf

Carry on. You're doing a fine job making a fool of yourself.

I could have posted all kinds of winger articles... showing some commentary on the horrible economic policies... much like you did with this TNR story.... but I do not cite sources without credibility... I posted this one because it is from the mainstream media and a credible source... and while you may not agree with the conclusions, it is indeed much more palatable than some joe blow source
Yeah... it was all the 'private enterprises' that were solely responsible for the economy fucking up :rolleyes:

Go have a talk with Barney Frank, Bush II, and many others past and present on the POLITICAL side that had MUCH to do with the current economic situation

What a partisan tool you are
Unlike you, of course. You never cease to amuse.

Keep it coming, stupid.

The economy is not going to recover any time soon. The American people overwhelmingly blame the GOP and Wall Street for the collapse. The GOP has made no effort to apologize or restructure to avoid its mistakes in the past. The Dems will get a pass in 2010 and 2012 to try to "fix" the problems. If they can't, the Pubs will sweep in 2014.

The economy is not going to recover any time soon. The American people overwhelmingly blame the GOP and Wall Street for the collapse. The GOP has made no effort to apologize or restructure to avoid its mistakes in the past. The Dems will get a pass in 2010 and 2012 to try to "fix" the problems. If they can't, the Pubs will sweep in 2014.

Well if I were the "partisan tool" ol' Dave thinks I am, I could say that I'm hoping the cons DO take over in November, and that they DO manage to oust Obama in 2012 because they will fail. In the dark images of my mind, I keep snickering as I envision all the ideologues swatting off an even angrier public when they have no better plans than Obama did.

The economy will pick up steam when ever-resilient Americans stop being so frightened of all the doomsday forecasting and just say fuck it and start spending again. When that happens, businesses will be rushing to accommodate them and investors will be throwing money at those businesses. According to Fortune, the top investors have around $3 trillion they're just sitting on right now.

Morning Is Coming

You read the sources? And they're tantamount to TMZ? My god you are full of youself.

Embedded links:

Moody's

Jesus Christ you are dense

The numbers are drawn from the base numbers... but the MOTHERFUCKING CONCLUSIONS IN THE ARTICLE BY THE AUTHOR ABOUT THOSE NUMBERS are indeed from the TNR WINGER source

Cite a credible source for the conclusions, you twit

Embedded links:

Moody's

Jesus Christ you are dense

The numbers are drawn from the base numbers... but the MOTHERFUCKING CONCLUSIONS IN THE ARTICLE BY THE AUTHOR ABOUT THOSE NUMBERS are indeed from the TNR WINGER source

Cite a credible source for the conclusions, you twit

So? Your posted article also draws conclusions that haven't yet been proven. NOBODY HAS ACCURATE CONCLUSIONS BECAUSE THERE HAS YET TO BE A CONCLUSION!!!!!! IT'S A NOFUCKINGBRAINER.

The fact that you can't respond without blowing a gasket proves you're insane and not worthy of further attempts at civility. Go kick your cat or something, will ya?

You don't need Obama as your daddy, but you are part of the social compact here, bub, and you are going to participate whether you want or not.

Overreactions on both ends. People were seeing things as too rosy when the numbers were looking better the last few months, and they're getting to worked up now.

Forum List

Back