WOW: Amazon, Berkshire, JP Morgan forming health care company

B,b,but health insurance is one of the most heavily regulated industries! How did such a thing happen? :mock_surprise:

And these 'regulators' haven't done squat about the companies raising deductible to outrageous levels and jacking up prices; no wonder Buffet is suddenly interested; it sure ain't because he wants to help anybody suffering.

Every individual health insurance policy that an insurance company wishes to sell must be filed and approved , along with the rates, actuarially justified, in every state insurance commissioner. If the rates can not be actuarially justified, they will not be approved,.

LEt's keep this a serious thread, and not litter it up with the fantasies and spam of amoral sociopathic shills for Democratic Party donors.

So I see you really don't know shit how an insurance premium is determined and approved by state regulator's which in the U.S. I believe 36 of state regulators are republican.

I see you're stupid enough to think we're going to believe insurance companies don't hire lobbyists and buy themselves laws that benefit them only, that insurance companies, along with lawyers and major bankers, are the Democratic Party's major contributors, especially at the state levels, and you don't know shit about how insurance premiums are determined.

Good luck with getting that point across. They ostrich up pretty hard on the matter. Won't even acknowledge it. Maybe they're too deeply invested in the corruption themselves.

And these 'regulators' haven't done squat about the companies raising deductible to outrageous levels and jacking up prices; no wonder Buffet is suddenly interested; it sure ain't because he wants to help anybody suffering.

Every individual health insurance policy that an insurance company wishes to sell must be filed and approved , along with the rates, actuarially justified, in every state insurance commissioner. If the rates can not be actuarially justified, they will not be approved,.

LEt's keep this a serious thread, and not litter it up with the fantasies and spam of amoral sociopathic shills for Democratic Party donors.

So I see you really don't know shit how an insurance premium is determined and approved by state regulator's which in the U.S. I believe 36 of state regulators are republican.

I see you're stupid enough to think we're going to believe insurance companies don't hire lobbyists and buy themselves laws that benefit them only, that insurance companies, along with lawyers and major bankers, are the Democratic Party's major contributors, especially at the state levels, and you don't know shit about how insurance premiums are determined.

Good luck with getting that point across. They ostrich up pretty hard on the matter. Won't even acknowledge it. Maybe they're too deeply invested in the corruption themselves.
Do you and Picaro have a link about insurance companies being mainly contributors to the democratic party, or are you just channeling Rush, as usual?

Do you and Picaro have a link about insurance companies being mainly contributors to the democratic party, or are you just channeling Rush, as usual?

That's not the point, dingwad. The point is, regulatory regimes exist for the benefit of industry, not consumers. Regulating insurance companies doesn't ensure quality services at affordable prices. Instead, it closes off competition and forces consumers to choose from government approved vendors. It's a fucking racket.

That's not the point, dingwad. The point is, regulatory regimes exist for the benefit of industry, not consumers. Regulating insurance companies doesn't ensure quality services at affordable prices. Instead, it closes off competition and forces consumers to choose from government approved vendors. It's a fucking racket.

And now we have heard from yet another person who is holding forth on a topic about which he knows absolutely nothing. Nevertheless, I am sure that you envy me, and my career as VP of underwriting and regulatory compliance. In that role, it was my job to make sure that every complaint from a citizen to the Insurance Commissioner in every state was resolved, that we paid no fines for being out of compliance, and most of all, that they did not shut us down. I suspect, based on your post, that you think I did absolutely nothing for 50 years, but just smile nicely when addressed by the State Insurance Commissioner.

Well, pay no attention to the Democratic Party shills here; they've already admitted they make money off of the scams, in one case at least, and for another the idiots think they get to demand 'links', as if they have some sort of credibility here, which is laughable all by itself. They're just trolls.

Yes, most states have monopolies as their only insurance peddlers, and as I've said only about 4 companies control the entire business, at a percentage higher than even the Standard Oil and Carnegie Steel monopolies of the 19th century ever had as market shares. Most aren't fool by all the different names their subsidiaries are operated under, and nobody is going to buy the idiot troll's BS.

And now we have heard from yet another person who is holding forth on a topic about which he knows absolutely nothing. Nevertheless, I am sure that you envy me, and my career as VP of underwriting and regulatory compliance. In that role, it was my job to make sure that every complaint from a citizen to the Insurance Commissioner in every state was resolved, that we paid no fines for being out of compliance, and most of all, that they did not shut us down. I suspect, based on your post, that you think I did absolutely nothing for 50 years, but just smile nicely when addressed by the State Insurance Commissioner.

I'm sure you took your alleged 'responsibilities' as seriously as you did your alleged 'police' duties, only enforcing anything that suited your ideological whims and PC cult rubbish. lol you're such a fraud. You never did squat , periods, just make noises and helped scam people, that's all. Go find some more criminal illegal aliens and sens them around selling your junk; you can dream up some sort of pyramid scheme.

I don't believe a goddamned thing you post. You're either an insurance industry shill, paid to manipulate public opinion. Or a hapless, unpaid tool of such.

Last edited:

I don't believe a goddamned thing you post. You're either an insurance industry shill, paid to manipulate public opinion. Or a hapless, unpaid tool of such.

I am not a paid shill. The check bounced. However, the cartel promised to make it right by me. I can't tell you any more, because I can not reveal the secret society to which I belong. If I told you any more, we would have to arrange for Vito to visit you.

I'm sure you took your alleged 'responsibilities' as seriously as you did your alleged 'police' duties, only enforcing anything that suited your ideological whims and PC cult rubbish. lol you're such a fraud. You never did squat , periods, just make noises and helped scam people, that's all. Go find some more criminal illegal aliens and sens them around selling your junk; you can dream up some sort of pyramid scheme.

Having a bad day Picaro? :itsok:

I am not a paid shill.

I tempted to believe you. I was leaning toward 'unpaid tool' anyway.

The plot thickens....

Walmart steps up and into the health care fray

Looks like they are cutting out the middlemen insurance companies. Like Amazon/GE/etc...his will kill Obamacare. So much for state managed healthcare.
You guys think this is something new? Self insurance has been around since 1982. Companies like GM, Ford, Disney, and Microsoft have been doing it for decades.

The plot thickens....

Looks like they are cutting out the middlemen insurance companies. Like Amazon/GE/etc...his will kill Obamacare. So much for state managed healthcare.
You guys think this is something new? Self insurance has been around since 1982. Companies like GM, Ford, Disney, and Microsoft have been doing it for decades.

In the past they have always partnered with an insurance company while self insuring. Now they are going around them.

The plot thickens....

In the past they have always partnered with an insurance company while self insuring. Now they are going around them.

They did not "partner" with an insurance company. They paid us to service their claims. That is what I did for a living.

The plot thickens....

They did not "partner" with an insurance company. They paid us to service their claims. That is what I did for a living.

And they will now service their own claims.

The plot thickens....

And they will now service their own claims.

I doubt that there will be a 3rd party administrator somewhere in the picture.

Forum List

Back