Wounded vet not a "True Hero"

I love it when Liberals stop spitting on troops, burning American flags, calling vets babykillers and start faux "caring" about them.

I am a Liberal...I don't spit on troops (I was one)...I don't burn American flags (I wave them)...I don't call vets babykillers (I thank them)...and there is no "faux" caring here...but I do see a lot of "faux" caring on the Right, until they run into a Vet with leftwing political views....then all hell breaks loose.

I think it's kind of a jab toward the lady and a dick headed one at that. He won't be re-elected. But since when do liberals care about military service? They don't even consider it a public service.

It's sad for you that you believe this crap.

Joe Walsh is a Tea Party Conservative first and a proud Republican second.

That's from his campaign website. It's nice to see a person find two places they can call home,

where they're always among friends and supporters.

"WALSH: Understand something about John McCain. His political advisers, day after day, had to take him and almost throw him against a wall and hit him against the head and say, “Senator, you have to let people know you served! You have to talk about what you did!” He didn’t want to do it, wouldn’t do it. Day after day they had to convince him. Finally, he talked a little bit about it, but it was very uncomfortable for him. That’s what’s so noble about our heroes. Now I’m running against a woman who, my God, that’s all she talks about. Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. That’s why we’re so indebted and in awe of what they’ve done."

Hmmm. Not quite what you thought it was now is it?

Nope. And I looked at a couple of different places. I don't take anything at face value, and why I needed to investigate it further.

You'll probably find it on Huff Post too.

Doubtful anywhere else.

Sucks for you that many Americans will be reading about it in relatively innocuous media like USA Today.

Joe Walsh is a Tea Party Conservative first and a proud Republican second.

That's from his campaign website. It's nice to see a person find two places they can call home,

where they're always among friends and supporters.

Isn't a Tea Party a game played by little girls, with imaginary friends?

"WALSH: Understand something about John McCain. His political advisers, day after day, had to take him and almost throw him against a wall and hit him against the head and say, “Senator, you have to let people know you served! You have to talk about what you did!” He didn’t want to do it, wouldn’t do it. Day after day they had to convince him. Finally, he talked a little bit about it, but it was very uncomfortable for him. That’s what’s so noble about our heroes. Now I’m running against a woman who, my God, that’s all she talks about. Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. That’s why we’re so indebted and in awe of what they’ve done."

Hmmm. Not quite what you thought it was now is it?

Some will talk and some don't that is what I learned doing interveiws with WWII vets years ago.
They all had one dream. To see the seperate Germanies reunited and out of Soviet control.

Why? They wanted them to be free from oppression. The same kind that the soldiers had tried to stop with the deimse of Hitler and Hirihito.

I love it when Liberals stop spitting on troops, burning American flags, calling vets babykillers and start faux "caring" about them.

I am a Liberal...I don't spit on troops (I was one)...I don't burn American flags (I wave them)...I don't call vets babykillers (I thank them)...and there is no "faux" caring here...but I do see a lot of "faux" caring on the Right, until they run into a Vet with leftwing political views....then all hell breaks loose.

That is what is wrong with the political climate in this country. Too much "I am an American and do not believe what you do......therefore, you can't be an American"

What makes this country great is that it welcomes all political opinions. We are not that far apart people.....we all love our country, we just have different views on how to make it better

People on this board are good people. They love their country, love their family, work hard and pay taxes. We fight every day on mostly trivial issues that relate to budget and how to spend it. Very little of what we disagree on has to do with our love of country

You know, all you idiots who have nothing better to contribute than to harp on TM's sliver medal slip-of-the-finger are showing just how completely devoid of intelligence you are. If that's all you can contribute, then just shut the fuck up.
So, TM fucks up -- and it's OUR fault.

Speaking of being devoid of intelligence...

"That’s what’s so noble about our heroes. Now I’m running against a woman who, my God, that’s all she talks about. Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. That’s why we’re so indebted and in awe of what they’ve done."

The entire quote

Context is a biotch

Dude, even in context, it's still fucked up.

The woman served for over twenty years, and got her legs blown off while doing it.

What do you expect her to talk about on the subject of her experience?

Her penchant for knitting???

Her skills in the kitchen, apparently....:eusa_whistle:

Nope. He tried to be an actor and failed at that. I hear he doesn't pay child support either.

On April 20, 2012, a judge dismissed the child-support dispute. In a joint statement Walsh and his ex-wife Laura stated, "Having resolved these issues together and cleared up these mistakes in private, we now agree that Joe is not and was not a 'deadbeat dad' and does not owe child support.

^ Pearson, Rick (April 20, 2012). "Walsh, ex-wife settle child-support suit". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved May 29, 2012.

Sucks to be as stupid as you.

Sounds like the Koch's paid her off to keep her mouth shut. Over $100,000 in back child support doesn't just easily go away,...
Sounds like you're a retard.

You know, all you idiots who have nothing better to contribute than to harp on TM's sliver medal slip-of-the-finger are showing just how completely devoid of intelligence you are. If that's all you can contribute, then just shut the fuck up.
So, TM fucks up -- and it's OUR fault.

Speaking of being devoid of intelligence...

no, it just seems childish and immature on your part and others to act as if this was a elementary school play ground. Would you act this way to your children? Your spouse? Your parents? Your boss? me thinks not.

Dimwits trashed McCain who was a POW. How do you feel about that?

Give me one single example of the Obama campaign "trashing" McCain's military record.

Just one.

Until that, you have no point.

Dread said "DIMWITS TRASHED MCCAIN"...he never even mentioned Obama's campaign. So you're admitting the Obama's campaign was full of dimwits? Lol!
People on this board trashed McCains military record all the time....THOSE are the dimwits!....Dimwit

Then, you will have NO PROBLEM pulling up examples for us to read, will you?

On April 20, 2012, a judge dismissed the child-support dispute. In a joint statement Walsh and his ex-wife Laura stated, "Having resolved these issues together and cleared up these mistakes in private, we now agree that Joe is not and was not a 'deadbeat dad' and does not owe child support.

^ Pearson, Rick (April 20, 2012). "Walsh, ex-wife settle child-support suit". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved May 29, 2012.

OK, now I don't know squat about whether he paid child support or not...

However, doesn't what you just posted imply that he didn't pay child support, his wife took him to court over it, they settled, and then she signed that statement as part of the settlement?

I work at a law firm, though admittedly I'm not a lawyer myself, and the terminology used there looks pretty familiar.
Both parties agreed to the settlement. The left's input is utterly irrelevant -- except when they're looking to smear the guy.

OK, now I don't know squat about whether he paid child support or not...

However, doesn't what you just posted imply that he didn't pay child support, his wife took him to court over it, they settled, and then she signed that statement as part of the settlement?

I work at a law firm, though admittedly I'm not a lawyer myself, and the terminology used there looks pretty familiar.
Both parties agreed to the settlement. The left's input is utterly irrelevant -- except when they're looking to smear the guy.

For someone that is a vet, why do you lie so much?

Not every idiot that opens his mouth represents their party,

Well, maybe not,

unless of course, like Walsh, you're a member of the House of Representatives,

as a member of the Republican Party.

So, one GOP guy says something dumb, and he represents the entire party.

But if someone quotes a liberal saying something dumb in context and verbatim, it's "hate speech".

Right?

Sounds like the Koch's paid her off to keep her mouth shut. Over $100,000 in back child support doesn't just easily go away,...
Sounds like you're a retard.

Sounds like you're a Koch sucker and brain dead moron.

OMGaea, whatever you do, DON'T acknowledge the loathing some on your side have for the military!! :eek:

Forum List

Back