Wounded vet not a "True Hero"

She's a hero.

Not only do I hope she is O.K., I hope our country is able to take care of her.

But, she is running for political office....

I respected Max Cleland....but his policies and ideology sucked.

Saying someone talks to much isn't trashing them....it is saying they talk to much.

Especially if it is of no merit to the conversation.

If he had just said she "talks to much about it", then you would have a point.

But he went on to impugn her honor by saying "True Heroes don't talk about their actions", which clearly implied that she is not a hero.

And therein lies the issue.

Did Walsh serve?

Nope. He tried to be an actor and failed at that. I hear he doesn't pay child support either.

On April 20, 2012, a judge dismissed the child-support dispute. In a joint statement Walsh and his ex-wife Laura stated, "Having resolved these issues together and cleared up these mistakes in private, we now agree that Joe is not and was not a 'deadbeat dad' and does not owe child support.

^ Pearson, Rick (April 20, 2012). "Walsh, ex-wife settle child-support suit". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved May 29, 2012.

Sucks to be as stupid as you.

Sounds like the Koch's paid her off to keep her mouth shut. Over $100,000 in back child support doesn't just easily go away,...

She's a hero.

Saying someone talks to much isn't trashing them....it is saying they talk to much.

But he went on to impugn her honor by saying "True Heroes don't talk about their actions", which clearly implied that she is not a hero.

No,

The issue is that the left needs everything it can get to stave off the tsunami coming November and the more they pull crap like this, the more intellectual independents will turn on them.

Keep it up. :clap2:

She's a hero.

now you are making up shit..it does not imply that she is not a hero

and that is a saying, true heros don't blow their own horns.
too bad it's got your panties all bunched up

On April 20, 2012, a judge dismissed the child-support dispute. In a joint statement Walsh and his ex-wife Laura stated, "Having resolved these issues together and cleared up these mistakes in private, we now agree that Joe is not and was not a 'deadbeat dad' and does not owe child support.

^ Pearson, Rick (April 20, 2012). "Walsh, ex-wife settle child-support suit". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved May 29, 2012.

OK, now I don't know squat about whether he paid child support or not...

However, doesn't what you just posted imply that he didn't pay child support, his wife took him to court over it, they settled, and then she signed that statement as part of the settlement?

I work at a law firm, though admittedly I'm not a lawyer myself, and the terminology used there looks pretty familiar.

She's a hero.

No,

The issue is that the left needs everything it can get to stave off the tsunami coming November and the more they pull crap like this, the more intellectual independents will turn on them.

Keep it up. :clap2:

Any little tidbit they can come up with to shed ANY doubt. it's intellectually bankrupt.

However, doesn't what you just posted imply that he didn't pay child support, his wife took him to court over it, they settled, and then she signed that statement as part of the settlement?

I work at a law firm, though admittedly I'm not a lawyer myself, and the terminology used there looks pretty familiar.
She said he owed one amount, he said he overpaid. So, naturally a settlement means she was right.

:rolleyes:

The actual quote is:

"Now I'm running against a woman who, my God, that's all she talks about. For true heroes, it's the last thing in the world they talk about," he said.

That definitely implies that she's not. I don't think there can be any doubt.

The actual quote is:

"Now I'm running against a woman who, my God, that's all she talks about. For true heroes, it's the last thing in the world they talk about," he said.

That definitely implies that she's not. I don't think there can be any doubt.
Yeah, in the gotcha age, he worded those two sentences wrong.

She said he owed one amount, he said he overpaid. So, naturally a settlement means she was right.

A wording of the statement implies that she was at least partially right, and they settled.

However, even if it doesn't prove that she was right, it certainly doesn't prove that she was wrong.

And since the post was clearly used to imply that, I was rebutting it.

As I said, I personally don't know what happened in that courtroom, and neither do you.

Walsh sucks big time.

An earlier attack he made on her:

“What else has she done? Female, wounded veteran … ehhh. She is nothing more than a handpicked Washington bureaucrat. David Axelrod, Rahm Emanuel just picked her up and dropped her into this district.”

And there was the time when he announced on his website that he was going to be at a town hall and called on her to join him for a debate ... but turns out she wasn't going to be able to show up ... it was a weekend when she had National Guard duty. Apparently he didn't have the decency to communicate with her campaign directly. He just wanted something he could use against her when she didn't see his stupid challenge and didn't show.

I want to be on board with the Tea Party. When they support jerks like Walsh things get murky.

Wow, she's still in the national guard. You're right, he sucks.

They love to use the military when it serves their agenda

Remember Cindy Sheehan

Who's "they"?

I served, and I don't consider myself to be even a fraction of the hero this woman is.

She specifically signed up to work on a helicopter crew so that she could be in combat.

And she's sacrificed more than I can ever imagine.

And then she went on to work to help other vets.

Hoo-fucking-ah.

They love to use the military when it serves their agenda

Remember Cindy Sheehan

Who's "they"?

I served, and I don't consider myself to be even a fraction of the hero this woman is.

She specifically signed up to work on a helicopter crew so that she could be in combat.

And she's sacrificed more than I can ever imagine.

And then she went on to work to help other vets.

Hoo-fucking-ah.

and she and you are to be thanked, now move on

Last edited:
Did Walsh serve?

Nope. He tried to be an actor and failed at that. I hear he doesn't pay child support either.
I "hear" you and other lesbians couples are defrauding men in the courts and defrauding the courts on a regular basis.

But, well, we all hear a lot of stuff, don't we.

Ah, but what I heard is supported by facts.

http://www.suntimes.com/6720892-417/tea-party-rep.-joe-walsh-sued-for-100000-in-child-support

Wish I were in his district so I could have the pleasure of voting him out of office, although it doesn't look like the district needs me, anyway. He's going down this Nov.

When and where did you serve, asswipe?

US Army

Active duty with the 2nd ACR from '86 to '89 and then in the Army Reserve for about 4 years in the same unit as Tammy Duckworth when she was a cadet.

Anything else you wanna know, dickhead?

Last edited:
I love it when Liberals stop spitting on troops, burning American flags, calling vets babykillers and start faux "caring" about them.

I've ALWAYS cared, and come from a family of Vets. I guess that is why I'm a CENTRIST, or moderate, as we used to be known.

Rep. Walsh says Duckworth isn't a 'true' hero

Doesn't get any better for Republicans....Attacking a veteran who lost both legs in an attack. Not a "true hero". Is it because she is a woman or a Democrat?

Rep. Joe Walsh of Illinois, considered one of the most vulnerable freshmen in Congress, is seen on a video criticizing Democratic opponent Tammy Duckworth for talking too much about her military service.

"Now I'm running against a woman who, my God, that's all she talks about. Our true heroes, it's the last thing in the world they talk about," Walsh, R-Ill., can be heard saying about Duckworth.

The video was posted on ThinkProgress, a blog that's an outlet of the left-leaning Center for American Progress.

Duckworth, a former Obama appointee, lost both her legs and partial use of her right arm when a rocket-propelled grenade hit the Black Hawk helicopter she was piloting in Iraq. She told USA TODAY in a 2005 interview that she wanted to fly Army helicopters because "I wanted to take the same risks as the guys."

That seems to be a standard in the Rightwing playbook, all right.

Forum List

Back